• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda: Adding Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last reply here: I'd ask you to create a General Discussion thread to discuss if the Moon Pearl should be regarded as Negation/PN or resistance, because Im not sold, at all, about the negation part. Like, if Im honest, I think that you only want it to be negation because its technically more haxed than a resistance. And based on the description in the OP and your arguments Im still very, very against Negation.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll remember it next time.

Also, I've already linked this thread into the general discussion. Twice.

The Moon pearl definitely isn't Negation, it just grants resistance, as shown in the actual game.

If it actually negated evil powers then link would practically be unafeccted by anyone's magic in the dark world.

Another thing no one has adressed is whether Ganon should have abstract existence

Isn't he already? Master Sword already nulls magic, too, and iirc no one ever tried to hax Link in the game and succeeded.

What I mean is that if Link had negation via MP he would be unafeccted by any spell thrown at him by any enemy within the Dark World. Besides, Moon pearl having up to 3-A negation potency is just a bit ridicolous don't you think?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely against negation, I merely prefer to put feats over statements.

I mean, it's 4-B now. Whe If I ever manage to upgrade Zelda to 3-A, then yes, but Moon Pearl already resists 4-B transmutation.

I mean, so far from what i've gathered, all that supports negation is that one statement about repelling evil powers or something like that.

I'm just asking you if you realize that if this was so, it would have negated spells thrown by ganon (such as fire bats) or any other enemy or boss like Trinex, Blind, Wizzrobes etc.

As I said before, Moon Pearl works by repelling evil powers that affect Link. AP isn't included as it's just energy that rams into him.

But the magic that Ganon and everyone else uses is the result of the triforce, the same thing you want to add negation to.

Are you claiming his neation is only specific type of passive negation? because spells that the monsters of the Dark World use is still regarded as evil, the whole world is evil, everything about it is.

I have to unsubscribe due to time constraints. You can send me a message if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Yes. But as I said, Negation of hax is different from Negation of AP. Moon Pearl can repel evil powers that can try to affect Link, but it cannot repel energy, AP etc. even Magic wouldn't be affected because the Moon Pearl doesn't prevent it from being used, and it can only repel its effects away, not its AP.

This doesn't change the fact that he has only shown feats of so called "passive negation", and not negation of evil magic thrown at him.

Both of these come from the effect of Ganon's wish. The enemies that become evil and corrputed should have no effect on link wahtsoever because their magic is of the same source as the passives from DW.

"This doesn't change the fact that he has only shown feats of so called "passive negation", and not negation of evil magic thrown at him."

But that's exactly what I've been trying to say. It negates stuff, but not AP Magic.

You don't understand what I'm trying to say.

Both passives from DW and magic are considered as evil.

If moon pearl negated evil magic it would ah e affected both simply because both of those types are classified as evil magic.

No description mentions evil magic though. As I said, the statements are only end exclusively referring to hax, not AP, as it doesn't null magic itself, it nulls the non-AP effects the magic has on Link.

You're kind of twisting this to your own liking.

The ring was said to nullify evil magic.

It doesn't matter whether the magic is hax or AP based, in the end both are of the same type and link can only negate one of them.

It doesn't need a description, the people in DW are mostly evil beings who were twisted into whatever they most represented. Saying they don't use evil magic especially since these properties were given to them by the Triforce which at all times is used to contain an evil world is like saying a water type Pokémon ain't using water type moves.

"A jewel that can repel evil. It provides protection against the evil power of the Demon King Ganon, who controlled the Dark World, and it prevents the body from changing."

"You found the Moon Pearl! This protects The Hero from the changing effects of the Golden Power."

Magic isn't mentioned, only evil power. Which doesn't necessarily apply to every magic as AP=/=hax. Link is being unaffected by hax, but not AP, as AP is ENERGY which isn't repelled by the Moon Pearl.

Konaguna said:
It doesn't need a descriptio, the people in DW are mostly evil beings who were twisted into whatever they most represented. Saying they don't use evil magic especially since these properties were given to them by the Triforce which at all times is used to contain an evil world is like saying a water type Pokémon ain't using water type moves.
No, what you are trying to say with your comparison is: "water-type Pokémon CAN ONLY use water-type moves because they're from water-type", which is clearly false in both cases.

The people of the Dark World ARE evil, but that doesn't mean they can only use evil magic. Ganondorf in Twilight Princess used the holy sword from the sages to fight Link, also, Link in Majora's Mask used the dark powers of the Fierce Deity Mask to defeat Majora.

Have you seen them use any other type of magic? No, then sit down boi.

You clearly not getting the fact that Triforce be used for evil and therefor it's effects it expands on to others also come out as evil si ce it can not differ between what is right and what is wrong it just does it

I will unsubscribe from this thread now. You can message me later if you need my help when you have reached a decision.

Konaguna said:
And what powers this magical beams of energy my guy? What is the cause?
That's compleatly irrelevant...

Ok, let's ignore the fact that the Triforce just reflect what's in the heart of the inhabitants and not automatically turn everything into a evil monster. Let's also assume that the Triforce turned the Wizzrobe as evil creatures and not neutral monsters despite being neutral inhabitants in the Dark World like foxes, frogs, trees, great fairies, the Bully's friend and bunny Link wich clearly are not evil...

Still, it doesn't matter if the Wizzrobe are evil, because even if the Wizzrobe are evil, they're not attacking Link with evil magic (which is the point here), they attack Link with energy beams. There's not such a thing like evil fireballs from the Ku (Zoras in the Dark World) and holy fireballs from the Zora (Zoras in the Light World), both are just enemy creatures that fires at you fire-elemental fireballs.

Bruh, you complicate too much. The beams are powered by an evil cause, everything that succumbed to the dark world becomes evil unless it is incredibly pure, and even then it still somewhat does its thing.

Nice try trying to cover up they the beams are still "Magical"

Why isn't Link negating Ganon's Fire bats? They are magical and come from the source itself.

I'm gonna say it one more time. A vague statement does not convince me that this is negation when the feats it shows are contradictory.

Konaguna said:
Bruh, you complicate too much. The beams are powered by an evil cause, everything that succumbed to the dark world becomes evil unless it is incredibly pure, and even then it still somewhat does its thing.
But that's not what happened.

I don't know why did you jump into that conclusion, but the explanation of the Dark World's transmutation power is always the same:

"Oh? Who are you, Mr. Bunny? This world is like the real world, but evil has twisted it. The Golden Power is what changed your shape to reflect what is in your heart and mind. I am always changing my mind, so I turned into a ball." — Bully's friend.

"The Sacred Realm is a mirror that reflects the hearts of those who set foot in it. An evil heart will turn the realm into a living hell. [...] Using the Triforce of Power, Ganondorf became the Demon King. The Sacred Realm was distorted into a nightmarish world where demons ran amuck." ('Hyrule Historia', pg. 87)

Nice try trying to cover up they the beams are still "Magical"
Why isn't Link negating Ganon's Fire bats? They are magical and come from the source itself.

I'm gonna say it one more time. A vague statement does not convince me that this is negation when the feats it shows are contradictory.

Ok, let's put it this way: you don't have to be convinced with my reasoning, but if I may, I will like to follow your reasoning (if that's ok with you).

You said:

"You clearly not getting the fact that Triforce be used for evil and therefor it's effects it expands on to others also come out as evil si ce it can not differ between what is right and what is wrong it just does it"

If you're ok with the Triforce (holy by nature) can actually do evil magic. I mean, real evil magic. Then, Why is so inconceivable to believe that Wizzrobes (evil by nature) can not do other type of magic that isn't evil? Especially, when this page separate Dark magic from Elemental magic. Why this kind of distinctions doesn't apply to the Zeldaverse? Why does Ganon's Fire Bats cannot be Fire magic?

You also said:

"Saying they don't use evil magic especially since these properties were given to them by the Triforce which at all times is used to contain an evil world is like saying a water type Pokémon ain't using water type moves."

But following that Pokemon logic, some Water-type Pokemon like Gyarados can learn Electric-Type moves that are just as effective as another Electric-type Pokemon against a Water-type Pokemon.

This is not a vague statement, Princess Zelda support this in Ocarina of Time by saying the following:

"The resting place of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart... the heart of one who enters it... If an evil heart, the Realm will become full of evil; if pure, the Realm will become a paradise." — Sheik

I really don't get it. Why it's ok to say:

"All living creatures in the Dark World use evil magic becuase apparently they're all evil."

But it's not ok when we say:

"Well, since Din's Fire magic source comes from Link's magic power, Din's Fire its not fire magic but holy magic and therefore, fire null doesn't apply to Din's Fire."

They are evil bruh, and all they do is evil. They are reflections of their inner self, they're monsters. The dark world is being powered by the Triforce which is used to entirely induce evil upon it. What is the cause for wizazrobes, bosses and other monsters that project magical attacks at you? It's all the Triforce being used for evil. This evil wish is the literal reason inhabitants of the dark world can use magic anyway. Since most peeps that go into DW are some peasants and power hungry adventurers/explorers.

It matters not what the attack may look like, behind it is evil magic that is the cause for the attacks property anyway

And like I said, a single statement doesn't prove he negates evil powers. Literally everything pouts at it being resistance I I thought that it was universally accepted a long time ago.

Also the triforce is sentient and it should also have law manipulation sincethats whats keeps the laws of physics and everything else in check in the Zelda Universe plus the triforce of power should have low godly for Healing ganondorf in twilight princess since he was only able to heal AFTER the triforce of power appeared and not before even the sage call that "divin intervention" bullshit.

Prior to the events of Twilight Princess, Ganondorf's true intentions were exposed, and he was captured, put on trial, and sentenced to execution by the Sages. While they managed to severely wound him by impaling him with the Sword of the Six Sages, the Triforce of Power activated at that moment and thus they could not kill him.Using the power granted by his Triforce piece, he manages to free himself from his chains, and kills the Sage of Water as well.

I don't understand how people still think that Low Godly is something ganon normally has.

It's not like he died in Oracle games and had to sacrifice his sanity to do it in BOTW.

It's not like he died right after he lost TP in Twilight princess.

>Supposedly has natural low godly

>Needs someone's blood when he doesn't have TP

Seriously, anyone that thinks ToP hasn't got Low Godly is just ignorant

Konaguna said:
They are evil bruh, and all they do is evil. They are reflections of their inner self, they're monsters. The dark world is being powered by the Triforce which is used to entirely induce evil upon it. What is the cause for wizazrobes, bosses and other monsters that project magical attacks at you? It's all the Triforce being used for evil. This evil wish is the literal reason inhabitants of the dark world can use magic anyway. Since most peeps that go into DW are some peasants and power hungry adventurers/explorers.

It matters not what the attack may look like, behind it is evil magic that is the cause for the attacks property anyway

And like I said, a single statement doesn't prove he negates evil powers. Literally everything pouts at it being resistance I I thought that it was universally accepted a long time ago.
According to what you're saying, someone who resists electricity manipulation should be able to resist a flamethrower ignited with electricity. Which is just wrong. Also, how many times do I need to say it's not evil magic but evil forces?

That's not what I am saying at all, the beams are made of dark magic, not infused by it.

Literally 90% of population there has turned evil. You should be giving me a reason why the magic they use is just ordinary magic an not evil, since they fall under a world where everything becomes evil.

This is also going nowhere. I am not making any more replies, get someone else's opinion or add, I does not matter. I have already taken my stand on the side

Konaguna said:
loW Godly is a sure thing, Law manipulation on the other hand... :/
OK I see but law manip could be attributed to the fact that in Lorule The triforce its what that kept space and time in check plus official Japanese plus translation says that without the triforce the law of the world's starts getting destroyed and thrown in chaos.

the triforce its what that maintains all of this since nayru granted that ability to the triforce actually she was the one that created the concept of magic.

Also official translation says that The master sword was created specifically to counter The Full triforce (the one in the ALTTP)

Screenshot 20190619 111354

So yeah Master Sword should have in its profile that it can negate the effects or at least resit the powers of the full triforce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back