• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zamasu and his bad AE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty much the mess that is Zamasu's AE.

The thread where this bullshit got accepted.

Zamasu basically got concept AE over a portugese translation saying in their sub that Zamasu became the concept of justice, correct?

Well, thanks to the Japanese Subtitles of DBS, we directly know what is happening.

In fact, these are the subtitles of the scene where Zamasu becomes his Infinite self in Episode 67:

00:05:40,104 --> 00:05:41,355
ゴワスさま!
Mr. Gowasu!

00:05:41,939 --> 00:05:46,360
ザマスは 宇宙
に なろうとしているのかもしれん
Zamasu may be trying to become a universe.

00:05:46,486 --> 00:05:47,320
えっ?
What?

00:05:48,029 --> 00:05:51,032
もはや 神の形さえも捨てて—
He thew away his shape of a god.

00:05:51,199 --> 00:05:55,661
正義と秩序
そのものとなろうとしているのだ
And he's now trying to become justice and order itself.

00:06:13,596 --> 00:06:14,722
宇宙だと?
The universe?

The translation is very rough and done with multiple MTLs, but that's not the point, because what matters is that the kanji 想, which means concept is nonexistent, same for 見 or 念, each meaning Idea, which also lack.

So Zamasu becoming a conceptual being is moot and shot dead.

What does the rest lead at?

Zamasu became his very idea of justice and tried to spread it across the universe in an attempt to merge with it, as said in the following:
Aka Zamasu will still get his AE, just not a concept one, but just a emotion/thought type one, similairly to how Giygas is not literally evil, but just the evil that exists within minds, Chara who exists as the Player's feelings, or the Antispiral who just exists as a living thought/emotion (scans in this blog, just Ctrl + F "abstract" if you want to save time)

Of course I'll have to put this in a new imgur album as those descriptions are garbage.

And that's all.

I disagree the toei timeline and art books state he will become will and ideas itself which correlates with the statement of
正義と秩序そのものとなろうとしているのだ
It's about to become justice and order itself he will become abstract and become the ideas of justice and order and yeah in the games Fu mentions Justice and Order being too abstract for him so it probably wouldn’t effect the games

Ignoring how the brazillian translation of all things was used for a japanese series, which in of itself is dumb, there's also some mistranslation on the japanese kanji here.

念 Means idea, attention, sense, etc. Concept is a lesser meaning of this, and the most blatant wording of concept in japanese is 概念

Furthermore in this text here they use this kanji when talking about Zamasu's essence その念, which translates to thought/mind. Nothing about this is conceptual so this would downgrade the abstract existence from conceptual to just being based on the mind.

So yeah I agree with this being applied.

No, erasure from history was rejected. The page for the Conton City Hero and Heroes Zamasu clarify that High-Godly is in response to conceptual erasure.
Thats cringe, if you erase a sentient timeline you are objectively erasing them throughout history, full stop

I disagree the toei timeline and art books state he will become will and ideas itself which correlates with the statement of
正義と秩序そのものとなろうとしているのだ
It's about to become justice and order itself he will become abstract and become the ideas of justice and order
The context is clear about Zamasu embodying his own will to bring justice, not him becoming literal justice lmao.

I disagree, it was totally acceptable that Zamasu became a concept in my other CRT, and it was translated, and I accept that Zamasu became a concept of order and justice.

Both of you stop fighting.

@LuffyRuffy46307 it being accepted doesn't mean anything if people have counter points to the argument in the first place.
I'm not fighting he disrespected me here and described my CRT as shit

The arguments were not enough, could you please read the comment of @Vietthai96 before agreeing to something, bro? Because there is enough evidence for him to stay with this another topic and it was discussed that the Brazilian translation matches the Japanese translation, it was agreed by 3 admins

Here

Last edited:
@godofice Did you read the OP like, at all?

Aka Zamasu will still get his AE, just not a concept one, but just a emotion/thought type one, similairly to how Giygas is not literally evil, but just the evil that exists within minds, Chara who exists as the Player's feelings, or the Antispiral who just exists as a living thought/emotion (scans in this blog, just Ctrl + F "abstract" if you want to save time)

He's clearly tackling the conceptual side.

@LuffyRuffy46307 And I couldn't care less about the brazillian text because Dragon Ball is not a brazillian franchise, it's a japanese franchise, so japanese text takes precedent over others.

@Adem_Warlock69 it changes the abstract existence to be weaker than what it currently is, plus the high godly regen would be downgraded to mid godly if the only evidence for high godly was the fact that IZ is a concept.

Rather than being the concept of justice, he’s become his own ideal of justice. So, that probably makes him easier to effect?
in anycase, seeing as the japanese doesn’t mention any concepts, I agree.

1. i also found it weird that he got it since i couldn't find the thread, and that thread seemed rejected

2. brazillian here, i'd like to mention that it is even worse using the brazillian translation because is not even the dub that says it, but the subs, which i think are even less reliable since they probably differ depending on where you are watching, and yeah using the brazilian sub over the japanese dub and subs is just, you know, dumb.

3. yeah uh, let's calm down, unless i'm late and it calmed down or whatever, last thing we need is such a easy to handle thread have some fighting over it

4. i assumed heroes zamasu's text actually said he was a concept or something, if it doesn't, if it is based on dbs and the history bit is rejected, yeah remove it, and thus i guess time power loses high godly negation i guess

1. i also found it weird that he got it since i couldn't find the thread, and that thread seemed rejected

2. brazillian here, i'd like to mention that it is even worse using the brazillian translation because is not even the dub that says it, but the subs, which i think are even less reliable since they probably differ depending on where you are watching, and yeah using the brazilian sub over the japanese dub and subs is just, you know, dumb.

3. yeah uh, let's calm down, unless i'm late and it calmed down or whatever, last thing we need is such a easy to handle thread have some fighting over it

4. i assumed heroes zamasu's text actually said he was a concept or something, if it doesn't, if it is based on dbs and the history bit is rejected, yeah remove it, and thus i guess time power loses high godly negation i guess
Yes, it is described to be a la concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back