• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yuno can use Erosion on people and not just objects.

1a2b1f023f05c2f8b71c6f3cb33e201b.png

I'm not sure why it says Yuno can't use his Erosion against opponents, but that's seriously wrong.

0236-013.png

He used it here in chapter 236.
0238-009_1.png

Again here in chapter 238 where he explicitly states that Zenon is regenerating from its effects.
0276-011.png

0276-012.png

0276-013.png

In chapter 276, he uses it to destroy Zenon's bones which are an extension of his body, and on Zenon himself.

0336-014.png

I have no idea what this is if not him using Erosion to beat the Devils in chapter 336 instantly
This needs to be fixed.

No it isn't, it's corrosion inducement, which is already linked on his page, read it.
Yes, it is.
Erosion and disintegration are synonyms. It's the same ability. Seriously post a scan that says they're different abilities. Where are you getting this information?

They aren't the same abilities, you posting scans of corrosion inducement isn't evidence for deconstruction, they're two entirely separate abilities.

Being synonyms doesn't mean we treat them the same, because we don't, which is why corrosion inducement exist.

Even if you assume they're synonyms they wouldn't be categorize the same, just because corrosion inducement can reduce larger matter into smaller matter doesn't mean we assign it to have deconstruction. For it to gain deconstruction it'll have to explicitly state/focus on deconstruction, which these statements don't.

They aren't the same abilities, you posting scans of corrosion inducement isn't evidence for deconstruction, they're two entirely separate abilities.

Being synonyms doesn't mean we treat them the same, because we don't, which is why corrosion inducement exist.
Post evidence that they're different; where are you getting this from? I've asked thrice now.

Even if you assume they're synonyms they wouldn't be categorize the same, just because corrosion inducement can reduce larger matter into smaller matter doesn't mean we assign it to have deconstruction. For it to gain deconstruction it'll have to explicitly state/focus on deconstruction, which these statements don't.
This doesn't make sense because you arbitrarily decided they're different abilities without any evidence when they're the same thing.

Post evidence they're the same, i'm not the one whose making the positive claim rn, you are.
I already proved they're the same; when it was used against Zagred, it had no name; we only got the description of its capabilities through an outside perspective telling us he disintegrates matter. Later in the story, when he uses it more frequently, he calls it by its name, "Erosion," which means the same thing as "Disintegration." You gave arbitrary reasons why they're different, which makes zero sense.

I already proved they're the same; when it was used against Zagred, it had no name; we only got the description of its capabilities through an outside perspective telling us he disintegrates matter. Later in the story, when yes it more frequently, he calls it by its name, which is "Erosion," and it literally means the same thing as "Disintegration." You gave arbitrary reasons as to why they're different, and it makes zero sense.
It having no name =/= they're the same, you're making unneeded assumptions without logical reason.

If it's directly stated erosion then that's corrosion inducement, as explained on our corrosion inducement page.

I'm not giving arbitrary reasons, i'm following the rules of the wiki, you aren't.

Also you're making the assumption they're the same ability, which isn't provable concretely, it's up to interpretations and the interpretations which requires the least amount of assumptions is mine.

You can take the statement from Zagred and say, "He eroded the matter," and it would mean the same thing as before, nothing changes. You're using someone outside of Yuno describing it as Disintegration instead of Erioson when they mean the same thing.

It doesn't say erode though, it says disintegrate, which is commonly assumed deconstruction rather than corrosion inducement on this wiki.

You're again making assumptions when not needed.

The erosion is clearly referring to sword attacks, while disintegration comes from Yuno's aura. It makes no sense to assume that both are the same

You're assuming Yuno's deconstruction is erosion just because you can switch out the word disintegrate with erode, which is an assumption on your end.

It's stated to disintegrate matter, disintegrating matter is usually considered as deconstruction on this website rather then corrosion inducement, so we assume it's deconstruction because it's the least assumption claim in comparison to other claims.

Pretty simple.

You're assuming Yuno's deconstruction is erosion just because you can switch out the word disintegrate with erode, which is an assumption on your end.

It's stated to disintegrate matter, disintegrating matter is usually considered as deconstruction on this website rather then corrosion inducement, so we assume it's deconstruction because it's the least assumption claim.

Pretty simple.
This is not an assumption. It's the same ability.

Yuno Erodes matter, through disintegration, and should be treated as such. How you can read Black Clover and not connect the dots that this is the name of the ability he used against Zagred is bewildering.

That's an assumption, which isn't needed, you needlessly making assumptions just so you can wank his ability isn't good.

• Yuno uses his Zephyer, which causes his magic to swell and erode matter; an outsider notes that he's disintegrating matter
  • Yuno later uses Zephyer and subsequently an ability he calls "erosion."
  • Erosion and Disintegration happen to mean the same thing
  • They both come from his spirit dive
  • They both look the same and do the same thing
How is what you're arguing not the assumption?

• Yuno uses his Zephyer, which causes his magic to swell and erode matter; an outsider notes that he's disintegrating matter
You're making the assumption of him "eroding" matter rather than "disintegrating" matter, you need to understand both words might be synonyms of each other but we don't assume they necessarily are on the wiki, which is why corrosion inducement is innately distinct from deconstruction.

• Yuno later uses Zephyer and subsequently an ability he calls "erosion."
Doesn't mean they're the same abilities, this is another unneeded assumption.

• Erosion and Disintegration happen to mean the same thing
They don't inherently denote the samething within the context of the wiki. which i already explained why above.

• They both come from his spirit dive
Doesn't matter, multiple different abilities can come from the same transformation.

• They both look the same and do the same thing
They looking the same =/= they're the same, and they don't do the samething, one disintegrates matter while the other erodes matter, one's applicable only against objects while another is applicable against both objects and people.

They are different abilities.

0197-015_1.png

Yuno using his Spirit Dive, causes his magic to swell up, which in turn is confirmed to disintegrate the matter around him. You somehow think this is not the same thing as Yuno using "Erosion" when they mean the same thing. Yuno, who uses wind, would refer to this ability as Erosion because it fits the theme; my question is why we aren't using our critical thinking abilities instead of making things up like "corrosion inducement."

0236-011.png

0236-012.png

0236-013_1.png

Yuno used the same form to do the same thing here by defining both Erosion and Disintegration.
  • Description of ability = Disintegrate matter
  • Name of ability = "Erosion"

Disintegrate = break up into small parts, typically as the result of impact or decay.

Both Erosion and Corrosion decay. It all adds up and makes sense when you follow your context clues and do not formulate arbitrary arguments.

You're making the assumption of him "eroding" matter rather than "disintegrating" matter, you need to understand both words might be synonyms of each other but we don't assume they necessarily are on the wiki, which is why corrosion inducement is innately distinct from deconstruction.

Doesn't mean they're the same abilities, this is another unneeded assumption.

They don't inherently denote the samething within the context of the wiki. which i already explained why above.

Doesn't matter, multiple different abilities can come from the same transformation.

They looking the same =/= they're the same, and they don't do the samething, one disintegrates matter while the other erodes matter, one's applicable only against objects while another is applicable against both objects and people.

They are different abilities.
  • Use your context clues.
  • They're the same, they act the same, they look the same, and by the definition of all the terms used, they do the same thing.
  • How the wiki defines things has no impact on how a series defines things
  • Ok and? When did I say they couldn't? The point is his magic is what does it, so obviously, him using erosion which is synonymous with disintegration tells us what?
  • They don't just look the same. They do the same thing.

Yuno using his Spirit Dive, causes his magic to swell up, which in turn is confirmed to disintegrate the matter around him. You somehow think this is not the same thing as Yuno using "Erosion" when they mean the same thing. Yuno, who uses wind, would refer to this ability as Erosion because it fits the theme

my question is why we aren't using our critical thinking abilities instead of making things up like "corrosion inducement."

Yuno used the same form to do the same thing here by defining both Erosion and Disintegration.
They being synonyms doesn't = they're the same, i have no idea why you can't understand this.

Both Erosion and Corrosion decay. It all adds up and makes sense when you follow your context clues and do not formulate arbitrary arguments.
I'm not formulating arbitrarily arguments, i'm looking at the evidence and using our list of abilities to categorize what Yuno has, while you're making assumptive arguments without any need to make said assumption arguments.

They being synonyms doesn't = they're the same, i have no idea why you can't understand this.

I'm not formulating arbitrarily arguments, i'm looking at the evidence and using our list of abilities to categorize what Yuno has, while you're making assumptive arguments without any need to make said assumption arguments.
Them being synonymous means the world here when you follow the context of the story; why can't you get that?

Anyways I'm not going in circles with you. I posted what I needed to anyone who reads Black Clover knows they're the same thing, and this is just a weird lowball attempt.

Before I leave, when I say things like "Corrosion Inducement" is arbitrary and made up, I don't mean in general; I mean in the context of Yuno.

It has been used on Yuno because,
  • The connection between the description of Yuno's magic and his ability, "Erosion," was ignored despite being a straightforward deduction.
  • Due to that fact, you found an ability that the wiki defined with similar terms that also fit your interpretation and assigned it to Yuno.

The ability is matter disintegration, and the name of the power is "Erosion."
My rant is now over.

I'll post a final, more in-depth explanation about my thoughts later but i wan't to say something before then.

Yuno's ability isn't called "Erosion", it actually doesn't have a name at all, it's just an unnamed effect that Yuno gains while in Spirit of Zephyr, erosion is just an effect he gains while in that form, not the name of an ability.

Yeah, there's no spell called "Erosion"; that's what we call the effect; I figured that was a given.
The issue here is the inability to connect the effect and the description of the effect.

He’s eroding the rocks and the bones. What’s meant by being inapplicable against opponents is that he can’t disintegrate living beings

I
1a2b1f023f05c2f8b71c6f3cb33e201b.png

I'm not sure why it says Yuno can't use his Erosion against opponents, but that's seriously wrong.
Has Yuno ever used this ability directly against the body of an opponent?
0236-013.png

He used it here in chapter 236.
He used the erosion or what have you, against Gaderois' stone then cut him with the sword. Gaderois said that Yuno eroded his stone not Gaderois himself.
0238-009_1.png

Again here in chapter 238 where he explicitly states that Zenon is regenerating from its effects.
Against Zenon's bone.
0276-011.png

0276-012.png

0276-013.png

In chapter 276, he uses it to destroy Zenon's bones which are an extension of his body, and on Zenon himself.
Zenon's bone magic is not Zenon himself.
Where or when is it said that Zenon's bone magic are extensions of his own body?
0336-014.png

I have no idea what this is if not him using Erosion to beat the Devils in chapter 336 instantly
It really could have been anything. As well, iirc we haven't seen any abilities of Yuno as of this timeskip yet and in this scan both grimoires are open meaning he's likely using star magic as well therefore it wouldn't be the same ability.
This needs to be fixed.
Disagree.

I

He used the erosion or what have you, against Gaderois' stone then cut him with the sword. Gaderois said that Yuno eroded his stone not Gaderois himself.

Against Zenon's bone.

Where or when is it said that Zenon's bone magic are extensions of his own body?

It really could have been anything. As well, iirc we haven't seen any abilities of Yuno as of this timeskip yet and in this scan both grimoires are open meaning he's likely using star magic as well therefore it wouldn't be the same ability.

Disagree.
Thanks for this explanation. Sums up my thoughts exactly

Zenons bones aren't an extension of his body that's new lmao. Next you'll say Dante isn't using his Body, or Lucius didn't make a human body using Zenon's bone magic.
I

Against Zenon's bone.

Disagree.

VSB has Bone Magic described as the ability to manipulate and generate their own bones and this is on Zenon's page so not only is this argument baseless the story refutes with examples like Dante and Lucius.

Last edited:
Zenons bones aren't an extension of his body that's new lmao.
If what I'm saying is new, where has it then been established or accepted that Zenon's bones are a part of his body?
Next you'll say Dante isn't using his Body,
This is the only character I would consider their magic to been an extension of their body. (or one of very few)

"Zenon uses this magic attribute to generate and manipulate bones."
He generates bones, therefore they are not an extension of Zenon in the sense that the bones themselves are not Zenon, however they do belong to him.

"Noelle uses this magic attribute to generate and manipulate water."
Is Noelle's water an extension of her?

"Dante uses this magic attribute to manipulate his body's tissues"
There is a difference in Dante's definition and Zenon's. Dante manipulates his tissue. Zenon generates bones.

I'm not convinced Zenon's bones are an extension, whether that's a new argument or not, I have not seen anything to convince me otherwise so I still disagree.

Last edited:
Back