• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arc7Femboy Munches On BC While I Downgrade The Verse "NNT Style"

@KingTempest for the name.

After my “excursions” with NNT I've set my sights on Black Clover, while admittingly having a lot less things i disagree with, still has abilities which i personally disagree with, either being on the profiles entirely or i wish to change to better reflect the ability in actuality.

So given this introduction, let’s continue onto the actual meat ;) of this thread.

Yuno Grinberryall

Passive Deconstruction -

This ability has been completely wanked into high heavens, it’s, for some reason assumed combat-applicable in the sense of it being capable of deconstructing people and not just the objects around Yuno just because it’s capable of deconstructing physical matter around him…. Which is an assumption that’s shown over and over again to be untrue, given the fact Yuno has never, ever within the story of Black Clover actually deconstructed someone with this aura. We can’t assume just because it’s capable of deconstructing objects around him means it can deconstruct people when it’s never shown such feats or doesn’t have a logical basis behind it being capable of deconstructing people.

It should be downgraded to Limited and explained on the profile that its deconstruction effects are only applicable against objects around Yuno and not actually people as well.

Julius Novachrono/Lucius Zogratis

Regeneration Negation -

Julius’s magic doesn’t create wounds which are “unhealable”, they just cause heavy damage to the point of taking long amounts of time to actually regenerate from, even after using healing-boosting magic like Fana’s Phoenix Robe. Also nothing implies that the reasoning behind why Julius’s Magic does this is because of somesort of regeneration negation “effect”, compared to the interpretation that Julius’s Magic just deals more damage comparatively to other magic types within the series, and such inherently requires more time to regenerate from. It’d be similar to giving someone who has Existence Erasure, Regeneration Negation because it takes longer for someone to regenerate from that compared to being vaporized by lightning. It’s just an inherent function that abilities with higher “potency” or "effects" have.

It should be removed completely from both Julius’s and Lucius’s profiles imo. But if push comes to shove then I'd be fine with compromising on a Possibly Limited rating.

Morris Libardirt

Conceptual Manipulation -

Nothing is explained on his profile why Type 2 is assumed compared to Type 3, which is the standard Type of Conceptual Manipulation for abilities that aren’t explained in-depthly or have extremely vague showings. If Black Clover supporters can’t provide evidence why it should be Type 2, it needs to be downgraded to Type 3, similar to Lilith’s and Naamah’s Conceptual Manipulation.

Agree: azontr, CloverDragon03, DaReaperMan, Kachon123, Worthless (Agrees with Morris and Yuno), Panache_x (Agrees with Yuno), SuperStar, DemonGodMitchAubin, Arnoldstone18, KingTempest, Damage3245

Disagree: Milly_Rocking_Bandit (Disagrees with regen negation removal), Worthless (Disagrees with removing regen negation), Epsilon_R (Yuno's Deconstruction), Panache_x (Disagrees with regen negation removal but agrees with limited rating)

Neutral: Milly_Rocking_Bandit (Doesn't care about Morris and Yuno)

Last edited:
Man having some context from seeing the other thread makes this title wild lmfao

Oh btw we've got a few characters with Resistance to Deconstruction based on Yuno's Deconstruction so they'll need to have that resistance removed

Julius Novachrono/Lucius Zogratis

Regeneration Negation -

Julius’s magic doesn’t create wounds which are “unhealable”, they just cause heavy damage to the point of taking long amounts of time to actually regenerate from, even after using healing-boosting magic like Fana’s Phoenix Robe. Also nothing implies that the reasoning behind why Julius’s Magic does this is because of somesort of regeneration negation “effect”, compared to the interpretation that Julius’s Magic just deals more damage comparatively to other magic types within the series, and such inherently requires more time to regenerate from. It’d be similar to giving someone who has Existence Erasure, Regeneration Negation because it takes longer for someone to regenerate from that compared to being vaporized by lightning. It’s just an inherent function that abilities with higher “potency” or "effects" have.

It should be removed completely from both Julius’s and Lucius’s profiles imo. But if push comes to shove then I'd be fine with compromising on a Possibly Limited rating.

Tanjiro has Regeneration Neg for the same reason just sayin

Fana is able to use Forbidden Magic after reincarnating, which is why she can do that. Without Forbidden Magic, Phoenix Robe isn't nearly as potent
I know you would say this but you are wrong they have been using forbidden magic even before they awakened their full power through their third eyes so I'm kinda against removing it maybe possibly consider tabata opinion about this is keep changing

The Forbidden Magic only kicks in when they actually use their Third Eyes, which Fana was only ever shown doing in the Witches Forest arc. It cannot be assumed that she was using her Third Eye when healing Patry. It's more consistent to say that she wasn't using it because we know the magnitude of healing feats that Forbidden Magic can accomplish (literal regeneration, as you've shown)

It cannot be assume either that she is not using it why wouldn't she use it to his hand when it could endanger his disguise tabata strongly implied that he is with fana for several days to heal his wound it would be weird not to use it

It cannot be assume either that she is not using it why wouldn't she use it to his hand when it could endanger his disguise tabata strongly implied that he is with fana for several days to heal his wound it would be weird not to use it
Forbidden Magic can instantly regenerate lost body parts, shown twice now. Given that Patry didn't instantly heal like this, it can be reasonably assumed that she didn't use Forbidden Magic. That is simply the logical assumption no matter how you want to slice it

Your reasoning is flimsy I don't see the reason why she wouldn't use it and patri won't say those words if the person who can instantly heal it is just beside him.

I agree to yuno and morris downgrade, disagree to removing the regeneration negation.

Your reasoning is flimsy I don't see the reason why she wouldn't use it and patri won't say those words if the person who can instantly heal it is just beside him.

I agree to yuno and morris downgrade, disagree to removing the regeneration negation.
"Your reasoning is flimsy" You barely even gave a reason yourself besides "I don't see why" when the evidence that Forbidden Magic wasn't used is right there. If Forbidden Magic was used, Patry would've been instantly healed, but he wasn't, so she didn't use it. That's all there is to it.

Plot-Induced Stupidity also exists, especially here since Tabata hadn't revealed any of the Third Eye forms by the time Fana had healed Patry

when it could endanger his disguise
Not to mention this is the same chick that went crazy after seeing patri on the ground you can't possibly convince me with that reason It's also very weird for them to let him fight with just one hand while knowingly they could just instantly heal it yeah nah 🥱

Plus he claimed it to be unhealable even knowingly that he was surrounded by people who can use forbidden magic.

Tbh conceptual manipulation naalith and morris should be removed.
It's not actually give conceptual manipulation, it's only give their a NPI due both feats showing if "devil power" (Should be scale to other high ranking devil not only naamah or lilith) can affect intangible concept ,at this moment reffering to Natch non existence world and dorothy glamour world which both of them intangible lacks of form and get destroyed by same devil power.
I won't say if naalith cm and morris before was different, it just their devil power has different type while it has same npi to intangible concept
•Naalith can affect intangible concept through fire and ice as their main devil magic
•Morris can affect intangible concept through gravity as gravity is lucifero devil magic

Also following the logic if it was literal CM, natch at this moment shouldn't be able anymore to cast magic since his magic was get burn/freezing and he also has no resistance at all. Same as dorothy

For Deconstruction

If it was a statement like "Yuno can disintegrate objects around him" then it not working on humans would be fine, but the statement refers to physical matter in general and not just objects.

So either:
  • humans are made of something different than matter, which is unproven
  • humans can resist Deconstruction, again unproven
  • Yuno can choose who gets harm by it, likely but no proof of that
  • that Deconstruction power was a one-time thing
Also don't forget Yuno's Deconstruction is at a relatively close range, the only person who got this close to this Spirit Dive Yuno was Asta

The fact that it has never shown to work on living beings kinda screams unreal until shown

Passive Deconstruction -

This ability has been completely wanked into high heavens
Totally agree with this. Don't really agree with characters getting resistance to Deconstruction when it hasn't been actually implied to be so.
Regeneration Negation -
Limited rating
I mean, the fact that his attack drastically affected the healing duration of the character, it's something worth mentioning and ascribing to him. So, Limited should be fine.
Wait the forbidden spell Phoenix Robe controversy Comes up

For Deconstruction

If it was a statement like "Yuno can disintegrate objects around him" then it not working on humans would be fine, but the statement refers to physical matter in general and not just objects.

So either:
  • humans are made of something different than matter, which is unproven
  • humans can resist Deconstruction, again unproven
  • Yuno can choose who gets harm by it, likely but no proof of that
  • that Deconstruction power was a one-time thing
Also don't forget Yuno's Deconstruction is at a relatively close range, the only person who got this close to this Spirit Dive Yuno was Asta
It’s never been shown disintegrating any person unless you just want to give literally anyone he comes into contact with this resistance. It’s never been noted to deconstruct people, nor has someone coming into contact with Yuno been noted as something… well, notable.

I just don’t think it can be assumed that he has a combat-applicable Passive Deconstruction with the info we have

Back