• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yun-Seong and Seong Mi-na Potential Profile Fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Y'all shocked that it's not a Johnny Test CRT for once?

Well, believe it or not, I used to play the shit out of Soul Calibur 2 when I was a kid. That shit made a good portion of my childhood.

2RR4k9N.jpeg

Here's a picture I took of the game I've had for roughly a decade. I'll never forget it.

Anyways, let's get back on topic and discuss some issues I have with the following profiles:

So apparently Yun-Seong and Seong Mi-na are labeled as "Unknown" for the following reasons:

As far as Seong Mi-na scaling is concerned, she has "canonically" fought a multitude of opponents in the old timeline, such as Ivy Valentine, Kong Xiuqiang and Edge Master. However, she is easily defeated by all them, putting into question how much she actually scales to them.

As for Yun-Seong, I don't think he has any reliable scaling other than being relative to Seong Mi-na.
To explain how powerful Ivy and Edge Master are, Ivy in her old timeline key is High 6-A, while Edge Master is 5-B.

Since Mi-na was easily defeated by Ivy, instead of just leaving it as "Unknown", I'm proposing that she should either be "Possibly High 6-A" or "At most High 6-A", and since Yun-Seong is relative/comparable to Mi-na, I think the same should apply to him.

That should be all for now.

Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus (Agrees with "Possibly High 6-A") @It_is_i_wyatt (Agrees with either "Possibly High 6-A" or "At most High 6-A"), @Super_Saiyan_God_Julian (Agrees with either "6-A+" or "Unknown, possibly High 6-A"), @SamanPatou (Agrees with "likely High 6-A"), @Duedate8898 (Agrees with either "Possibly High 6-A" or "At most High 6-A"), @BlackDarkness679 (Agrees with either "Possibly High 6-A" or "At most High 6-A")

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
I haven't been active in here in quite a long time, but I suppose I can come in to repost what I told DDM on Discord:

"I saw RandomGuy's comment on your thread, and I do think he has a point, given that we give the new timeline Seong Mi-na a High 6-C (without the +) for fighting, but losing to Ivy.

Considering the old timeline Seong Mi-na also trains considerably after her defeat against Ivy, under the aforementioned Kong and Edge Master, I think either a "6-A+" or an "Unknown, possibly High 6-A" could be warranted, and then Yun would follow."

I believe the fact she easily lost doesn't make her comparable, usually even with fighting games, characters are require to either damage or match the opponent to whom they should scale to some extent.
While I don't have specific knowledge at hand, I'd say that this justification doesn't work, and from what I see, even other characters suffer from this, specifically Yoshimitsu, Talim and others, probably because they don't have solid scaling.

What can we do, is assuming these are at least comparable to the majority of other characters in their verse, since the baseline is High 6-A.
Soul Calibur is one of those very outdated verses I will one day revise, but for the time being, I think we should either leave them unknown, or make them likely High 6-A out of the assumption they should at least hit the minimum tier of the verse, rather than some shaky scaling from people quite stronger than them.

I do agree the scaling is very shaky, hence why I suggested an "Unknown, possibly High 6-A" or something along those lines since she apparently at least gave Ivy some sort of a fight.

That being said, I don't think she should scale in any way to Kong (who quite literally caught her weapon with his bare hands) and especially Edge Master (who is explicitly stated to have "soundly" defeated her)

I am also okay with leaving it at "Unknown", but in that case, I might have to revisit the new timeline to see if Seong has reliable scaling there, because that key might have to be altered as well if not.

After reading all of your comments, I tend to agree with Julian's proposal.

I haven't been active in here in quite a long time, but I suppose I can come in to repost what I told DDM on Discord:

"I saw RandomGuy's comment on your thread, and I do think he has a point, given that we give the new timeline Seong Mi-na a High 6-C (without the +) for fighting, but losing to Ivy.

Considering the old timeline Seong Mi-na also trains considerably after her defeat against Ivy, under the aforementioned Kong and Edge Master, I think either a "6-A+" or an "Unknown, possibly High 6-A" could be warranted, and then Yun would follow."
One thing I request is the context behind the Ivy vs Seong fight. How "easily" did Ivy defeat her? If Seong was able to land some hits, or at the very least, somewhat hold her own, then "Unknown, possibly High 6-A" works best.

Especially when you add the fact that she trained considerably after she lost to Ivy under Kong and Edge Master, who are far above her, I think that further justifies the rating.

What can we do, is assuming these are at least comparable to the majority of other characters in their verse, since the baseline is High 6-A.
Soul Calibur is one of those very outdated verses I will one day revise, but for the time being, I think we should either leave them unknown, or make them likely High 6-A out of the assumption they should at least hit the minimum tier of the verse, rather than some shaky scaling from people quite stronger than them.
I also would be okay with Patou's suggestion of making Yun and Seong "possibly/likely High 6-A" off of the assumption that they should at least hit the minimum tier of the verse, rather than using some shaky scaling that definitely needs some revising in the future.

However, I overall tend to lean more towards Julian's suggestion.

So what is the best possible suggestion here? All of you seem to have varied opinions for the most part.

Unless we're thinking seong mi na got one-shot on both occasions, if she fought with these characters and survived, a possibly is just fine for her stats.

Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus (Agrees with "Possibly High 6-A") @It_is_i_wyatt (Agrees with either "Possibly High 6-A" or "At most High 6-A"), @Super_Saiyan_God_Julian (Agrees with either "6-A+" or "Unknown, possibly High 6-A"), @SamanPatou (Agrees with "likely High 6-A"), @Duedate8898 (Agrees with either "Possibly High 6-A" or "At most High 6-A"),
Updated the OP.

I think approval from 3 staff members is enough to apply everything.

I just need further clarification from a staff or someone else that it's okay to apply it.

It seems like the majority of people here agree with "Possibly High 6-A", so I guess that will be applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back