• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yun-Seong Power Mimicry Addition

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Proposing Power Mimicry for my boi.

In the following clip, it is explained that Yun-Seong as a child idolized Hwang, to the point where he mirrored and even copied Hwang's fighting style.

You can even look at the gameplay for each respective character and the similarities are quite glaring (of course they have some moves that are distinct to each other so Yun won't have to be a direct copy of Hwang).

I'm proposing at least a "Limited Power Mimicry" for Yun-Seong here, as copying fighting styles falls into that category, at least according to the people I asked about this.

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

Wait, so he idolized someone and trained to have his same (or mostly the same) fighting style? That isn't really Technique Mimicry because he had what seem to be months or years to be learn said style, Technique Mimicry is more for when a character learn in middle of combat or in a similarly short timeframe the opponent moves and is able to replicate them. The crt however isn't completely pointless since it can be used to add to his intelligence section how he learned by himself the style of a famous fighter in the world of Soul Calibur (along with the fact that he was previously trained in martial arts by another house of martial artist), which is something considerably better than what he current intelligence section have.

Wait, so he idolized someone and trained to have his same (or mostly the same) fighting style? Because that isn't really Technique Mimicry because he had what seem to be months or years to be learn said style, Technique Mimicry is more for when a character learn in middle of combat or in a similarly short timeframe the opponent moves and is able to replicate them
Ohhhh. That makes sense.

Theglassman12 is correct, to my knowledge. Power Mimicry usually implies some short time-span replication of someone else's powers and abilities - in this case, this is just someone learning something that someone else knows over an extended period of time. I don't believe this qualifies as any kind of Power Mimicry; if anything, it's just something a lot of ordinary people do.

Back