• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Yakumo vs Terumi (Susano'o)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my two cents, but Susano'o would more than likely be smarter than Yukari, who's mastermind has been trumped by the likes of Kasen Ibaraki, the Lunarians at times and most recently she was almost stonewalled by Shion and Joon Yorigami, who ****** with fate itself, albeit in an odd fashion. This is as of Antinomy of Common Flowers, going by the english fan translations.

Kasen's dream version notes that Yukari likes to avoid direct combat and is scared of fighting people. Which is why she usually sits on the sidelines. Of course, Kasen may not be entirely reliable, but she was more experience with Yukari aside from maybe Okina Matara and would know her personally, in and out. The dream versions of the characters you encounter are also especially honest with themselves. This represents a psychological weakness on Yukari's part, whilist Susano'o is a battle hardened combat veteran with like a million timeloops worth of experience, not to speak of his natural skill with his body.

Now, ontop of that, while Susano'o can't exactly fly, I think he's bound to trump her in pure physical prowess and has the ability to attack on range. Combined with his sheer experience and skill, he'd most likely be faster than her on foot, or at least be more dexterious and capable of outmaneuvering her in the case that she got closed or began to spam magic bullets.

That said, her hax isn't anything to scoff at and I'm not entirely sure how it'd work against Susano'os resistance to phenomenon intervention, seeing as they seem to be able to do similar things. However, the only demonstrated reality warping capable of working on Susano'o is the power of order, which works against sethir, something that Terumi has a very direct relation to. When talking about his fusion, it should be noted that Jin didn't do more than perceive Terumi (as he remembered him, not as Susano'o) in order to weaken the fusion. This isn't flipping a switch, or blurring a boundary of their fusion. At that point in time, before he created the imperfection, they were one and the same.

Now, the observation Jin was using also used the power of order, meaning that it can combat the effects of sethir and things that use sethir. This is probably why it's effective against Susano'o/Terumi, a being who's directly linked to sethir. So, I don't think Yukari can undo the fusion, and if she did, she'd have to get rid of Terumi himself, which is an issue all on its own.

Given that Yukari isn't a hypercompetent fighter (though she is a planner, it is a good thing Terumi is too.) that would consider most of their surroundings whether they were in combat or not (got plucked out from a gap by Kasen in the Wild and Horned Hermit Manga), had to spend at least a minute before she could mess with Joon and Shion's perfect possession fuckery and even then she had to send Reimu at Shion (who gives you bad luck), I'd reckon that Susano'o would eventually catch up to her. If he's serious about killing her, it ends there. If he wants to drag it out, it might end a little later, or she BFRs him to somewhere, but I'm not sure about how effective it would be.

Also, phenomenon intervention/event interference effectively creates things by making nonexistent things exist. If boundary manipulation was capable of similar things then Yukari would've used it to correct the possibilities that Shion had altered using her ability to give bad luck. Since it's perfectly possible that she doesn't like fighting, it's probably likely that she can't quite do the same things as phenomenon intervention does.

If you fuse silicon, you'd get iron, you can split iron back into whatever you got before, but that requires an external force to work on it, energy. It's linked together on an atomic level that creates an element that behaves a certian way. It's not bolting together two lines of code after another. Thus flipping the switch on it would probably not do anything, it's like trying to unfuse me with my brain.

In the end, I agree with Beerus.

Also, I know both characters. This is going in part with VS Battles interpretations, but if I was just doing my own, it'd easily go to Susano'o. With the ones we're using, I believe it's a bit more drawn out, and that she can't quite do anything to Susano'o.

Couldn't Yukari just BFR him to the second dimension

Promestein said:
Couldn't Yukari just BFR him to the second dimension
Characters like Hakumen have displayed the ability to resist teleportation, specifically the warping of space around them, whether this was the Power of Order or just the ability of the Susano'o unit is not known to me. Given that characters with large enough strength have broken through Kokonoe's devices before (Azrael, he did it against a time stop), I'd reckon that it's probably a perk of having a lot of power.

But that is conjecture.

Susano'o's own feats with teleportation amount to either getting teleported beyond the boundary by Amaterasu or doing it himself, I'm not sure. Another conjecture of mine would be the fact that he's the Susano'o unit and would probably need the ability to traverse the worlds in the case that Amaterasu was compromised. Since he's supposed to be her weapon and all.

TL;DR: Probably, but maybe not.

She didn't do it with opponents that were actually causing a huge lot of trouble, like the Yorigami sisters, Tenshi or similar. You could argue that she had motivation for not doing so however, but I don't quite see them. She wanted to put an end to their mess, the quickest solution would probably be to stick them into another dimension so that they couldn't do anything outside it.

BFR'ing him to a 2-dimensional plane is a lot better than mere teleportation or spatial manipulation.

She ca do it, though, and her not using it on people when she's holding back due to the spell card rules is the natural result. This isn't putting them in another dimension, this is turning them into a drawing.

Which 2-dimensional plane are you speaking of and when did Yukari BFR anybody there? She has her dimension with eyes, senkai, gensokyo, the dream world and some others, but I don't quite remember a 2-dimensional plane in touhou. If you mean a flat canvas, Susano'o lived in one for eternity before Blazblue happened. If you mean a 2-dimensional space then I haven't seen something like that in any print work.

Also it wasn't mere teleportation, he jumped out of his universe entirely.

I think it refers to one of those spell cards

IIRC the one in Hisouten but eh, don't remember

Oh, I see, it's a border between 2d and 3d. It's not particularly dangerous however, due to Susano'o's various immortalities and his resistance to phenomenon intervention and by extension, reality warping.

What exactly does it do? I haven't played SWR yet and given that it's a spellcard, its actual combat appliciation is probably a mystery, those things tend to leave you alive.

Ah, wait, hold on, I know what it is now. It's pretty much unquantifiable and I have very little idea of what it actually would do. It makes one of your attacks go along the border of the screen, and I can't really draw much from that, using an interpretation of your own would be mere conjecture.

The spell card itself doesn't do anything of note and of course it doesn't kill people, but given the name and Yukari's powers, it's a clear sign that she can manipulate the border between 2d and 3d with her abilities and would thus be able to do something like that. It wouldn't kill Susano'o, but she doesn't need to kill him to win a fight. Sealing is fair game.

Promestein said:
The spell card itself doesn't do anything of note and of course it doesn't kill people, but given the name and Yukari's powers, it's a clear sign that she can manipulate the border between 2d and 3d with her abilities and would thus be able to do something like that. It wouldn't kill Susano'o, but she doesn't need to kill him to win a fight. Sealing is fair game.
We have very little idea how a 2d object would work with 3d space so I wouldn't call it sealing. Given that her projectile still hits you, I'm 90% certain Susano'o could just speed on over to her and attack her if she did that. The 2d objects still have the ability to act within 3d space.

Yukari has also been stated to be able to border between fiction and reality, so 3-D and 2-D isn't that much of a stretch.

Still unlikely to get past his observation immortality. So, either inconclusive or she gets time killered by Susano'o eventually, it's just harder than before.

Susano'o aint going to be a threat now Yukari is Large Star, while he had a pretty decent shot before now that she's a full tier and a half a head of him, he's not going to damage her to a point where it'll affect her. Regardless of Immortality this is a stomp match simply because of tier difference, which is a high difference, and since he doesn't have anything that will hurt her I do believe this should be close. no amount of immortality will help him againts someone that is 100X+ stronger then him.

He doesn't have anything to hurt her? He has the time killer, much like Hakumen does, that thing doesn't really care about durability, since speed is equalized he also has a shot at getting it to hit. Observation immortality expliticly doesn't care about sheer raw firepower (and if it did, it'd have to surpass Amaterasu (Low 2-C), since Susano'o uses Eye of the Azure) and only usually gets ****** by hax, and a specific form of hax used through the power of order, in Susano'o's case.

You are realy trying to drag this on aren't you? Time killer isn't anywhere on his profile so don't bring that up without proof, and just because Hamuman and Yuki uses the susano'o suit doesn't mean he Yuki can do the same as Hakumen( and yes I have read Susano'o's wiki page profile and it doesn't say he has Time Killer).

it doesn't matter if he can't die the fact that Yukari is far stronger then him will be a problem for him. His Regenerationn is very low compared to Yukari so even if he can't die he's not going to win regardless of what his immortality is. Not being able to die=/= can't get beaten up.

This is a stomp so stop dragging this.

I don't actually care about dragging it on, I'm putting my piece of mind out there and responding to what you say.

While it may not be on profile, the ability to destroy someone's time is an ability of the Susano'o Unit, thus it should logically carry over to Susano'o. Beerus says this too, earlier in this thread.

Do you know what a stomp is? In your wording, the match is inconclusive as neither can be a true victor. Regenerationn is a non-factor due to Eye of the Azure, you need more exotic hax than she can pull out to deal with it.

Alpha, i believe you should make a CRT (Content Revision Thread) to add it to the profile.

That is if you wish to do so :p

Actually how about this, since Terumi can become stronger by being feared, how about we say that a large amount of people fear him to the point that he reaches High 4-C to make this more fair?

It wouldn't matter because of his ability to always exist and he has an instant kill button by the ability to cut time, I've already explained this. Only thing it does is make him more capable of swapping hands, which he doesn't really need to do.

Shooting please close this. I feel like it's unsighty to keep a vsthread just because one of them has a hax that 'makes them unkillable' when his opponent AP and Dura is 100x his. Not only is there nothing that confermes that he has Time Killer, beyond him using the susanoo suit, Yuki's hax makes him apparently impossible to kill regardless what his oppenent does, which makes the entire VS thread obsolete in my personal opinion. It's just like when ever Tiamat(fate) what picked she could never loose because of her 'lack of death'.

I would like it if this closes due to miss match(if I spelled that right).

Susano'o has "can cut through time through the susano'o unit" on his page, so he definitely has it. More experience than Hakumen has with it too, so more than likely the technique to pull that particularly attack too.

I reasoned that he does and should, people familiar with the series agree with me too.

The ability to cut time is not an ability of the Power of Order, neither is it an ability of Nox Nyctores Ookami (Hakumen's sword). It's an ability of the Susano'o Unit, the time killer specifically is a technique that attacks the time a target possesses.

And if Susano'o couldn't use the technique, his purpose is basically null which would not make sense in the story.

so there's no proof he can use it yet we accept it anyways? apparently I'm the only one that finds this weird.

Regardless this still proofs that any vsthread that yuki is apart of is a miss match or obsolete.

There's no instance in the story (where he appeared by the climax of the story) of Takehaya Susano'o using the time killer technique, but we know the ability to slay someones time is apart of the Unit's ability and Hakumen has used it. He can use the unit effortlessly as it is his original body. It's only logical.

And Yuki has been around for like 10 years now, no doubt he'd have a lot of threads and updates making those obselete as time goes. It's just that CF gave him the most hax, then there's always shit like observing every possibility in CS.

Yuki appaerently can only defeated a very specific way that is only possible from within the series he is from, how on earth is that fair for anyone that is chosen to fight againts him?

It's not a very specific way only possible in the series he is from, it's just that you have to nullify his survivability, which just happens to be a form of very strong reality warping operating on low 2-C levels considering who he fused with. Blazblue also just happens to have an ability that counters reality warping in general. After that is done you have to go an extra mile to get past his own stuff. Layered protection and all.

Both you and Beerus were beascially stating that Yuki is invinsible though his self-observation(or whatever it is, I don't honestly remember) and that the only way to work around it is through the Power of Order and whenever we brought up a similar methodl; such as reality and fantasy BM or truth anf false you both still say that it wouldn't be enough to get pass the Self-observation.

Your basically saying that even againts someone that can manipulate concepects via bounderies with things like life and death, reality and fantasy, or truth and lies and he's still not going to lose or even get damage at all, regardless of the method of attack, then he a completly unfair opponent to anyone.

That's because observation and phenomenon intervention like Eye of the Azure is some of the strongest in Blazblue, it operates on a scale that BM has never operated on by factor of Amaterasu and Takamagahara's feats where they act on entire worlds and timelines directly and not by mere action.

And no, he's not unbeatable, just pretty bullshit.

I admitted he would lose to Kharn the Betrayer because he had an anti-reality warp (although the feats of this anti-reality warp was something I forgot to ask about) that would get past Eye of the Azure because the warp gods in 40K are 1-B or something, along with their blessings. Which meant they trumped Eye of the Azure.

Bounderies are the very core of all things to the point where if everything didn't have any bounderies then nothing would exsits at all. Everything has a concpet/s that makes them unique to another and BM can manipulate that. I doubt I can explain this properly so I suggest you read the explanation thread for touhou if you want a better explanation on bounder manipulation because I certainly can't.

If the only way to beat him is through a method that no one outside of Blazblue can replicate or can only be effected via RM againts tier 1 characters then yes he's unbeatable and unfair because with the rare exception of a few people, no one can beat him.

Boundaries being the very core of things in touhou do nary matter, we are talking about Yukari's boundary manipulation. Her power as a character. She hasn't been confirmed to affect things on a universal scale like either of the feats I'm comparing her to. Reseting the world back 100 years casually many times over or creating entirely new worlds (and destroying them just as casually) by observing their existence.

This is the power of phenomenon intervention.

And you don't need to be tier 1, one only needs matching Eye of the Azure. The Power of Order could likely only nullify it since it scales to what threatens the world in Blazblue, and Yuuki Terumi was particularly disordering. Considering the limits of Blazblue (the Azure) it's probably around the tier 2 range.

I want to apologies right now if I"m starting to sound rude. I was starting to get a littte peeved when the only reason he can't loose is because apparently no one can replecate the method that was used to beat him. I'm saying this because I didn't want to sound rude or out of line so my apologies.

thank you for that, I Was just getting a bit annoyed when you said that the method couldn't be replicated despite claiming he can still be beaten, becausue if the method can't be replicated then he is invincible. And if the only character that can effect him are tier 2 level then what's the point of making a tier equal thread?

IMO thread are best when their Tiers are similar and if you need to be a full 3tiers above in order to get past his Self-observation then the whole battle becomse obsolete and pointless because tier 2 can manipulate universes and arn't bound to a single one. Both you and Beerus were making him out to be this invincible character that need to be tier 2 in order to defeat him because the ofical method can't be replicated makes the battle obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back