• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Vs Yhwach

Status
Not open for further replies.
CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Thinking about it wouldn't Yukari's best course of action is just to flee and get the stuff she needs ot handle Yhwach? He has nothing to keep her still. Just a question I wanna ask before I concede.
Yhwach could arguably prevent that with Future Manip, but who knows. Can't be 100% sure on this one, but it's a fair possibility since his range with the Almighty reached Soul Society, Hueco Mundo and the Human world all at once so it's probably somewhere on the Cross-Dimensional levels.

It's best to go back to debating on the VS thread at hand guys, because making fun of a series that got rail roaded (IMO) by shonen is a perfect example of thread derailment

@Peter We're not derailing as most of the comments regarding it were pertaining to the discussion. We're not bashing Bleach either, the comments just complemented the fact that we can't know the exact limit of stuff such as Balance, Lille's ability and Miracle when said powers were beaten by controversial means in-verse.

Also, we're keeping the discussion on its tracks.

Pretty much what Fate said, though admittedly did had a little too much fun poking fun at their weaknesses.

I honestly think it's limited on that regard, cross-dimensional and all. Or at least Yukari's ability to actually go into dreams and story tales seems better than just regular portalling. Wait a minute. If she can do that, that means Yukari has plot powers. That means she has PIS as a weapon : D

Don't take me seriously. Anyone who does will get bitten.

Oh and honestly the best chance Yukari here is literally just time travel, go into Yhwach's dreams when he's sleeping and kill him off there.

@Peter Yeah.

@COB Wouldn't Yhwach just go "Imma rewrite my death" even if Yukari somehow managed to pull that off? Also, huh, didn't know she got Time Travel. She is definitely in need of some revision threads.

@Peter the conditions for Yhwach are typically Yes almighty, no almighty, has or doesn't have all sternitter powers. So I would assume it's the latter case.

@Fate nah I'm talking about Pre-even getting Almighty or waking up time travel. And yeah it's something related to what Maribel did whose power is a weaker variant than her.

Yeah. It's why I specified in every Yhwach thread I made back in the day about how he got his own powers but not the SR ones.

@Fate nah I'm talking about Pre-even getting Almighty or waking up time travel. And yeah it's something related to what Maribel did whose power is a weaker variant than her.
I know, but Causality would get to present Yhwach and kill him, then he would go "Rewrite!" and stuff. Arguable whether either Yukari could pull it off or if Yhwach could revive if he died like that, tho.

Buuuut Faaaate, he can only change the future, not the past : p

But no seriously, isn't that the primary weakness of his power? I asked a question about that in the past and it seems to be the primary agreement. Well iirc.

Time travel is made of bullshit, as always...Though if you count flow, no way he would be able to rewrite when he isn't there with his power in the first place.

Yup, he can't change stuff in the past. But assuming Yukari pulls it off, Causality would get to present Yhwach and then he dead. Then he goes like that same scan where he died and quote: I can rewrite even the futures where I'm ded!

Like I said, it's arguable. I can't be entirely sure for either side regarding this.

through hax alone yukari has this but through states yukari does lose, but personally I can easily see Yukari just simply running away once she realized that the guy is beyond her, and no I do not think he can follow her nor can he stop her his power does not included moving between dimensions like Yukari does nor would he be able to manipulate it. even those new abilites he got from his subordenets wouldn't give him an advantage.

Let me explain: He wouldn't rewrite Yukari trying to kill him in the past. He rewrites the future where he is dead as a result of that.

JBennett said:
through hax alone yukari has this but through states yukari does lose, but personally I can easily see Yukari just simply running away once she realized that the guy is beyond her, and no I do not think he can follow her nor can he stop her his power does not included moving between dimensions like Yukari does nor would he be able to manipulate it. even those new abilites he got from his subordenets wouldn't give him an advantage.
Elaborate. It has been largely agreed by now that this is mostly stompey. Saying "by hax alone she takes it" without explaining how and why holds as much ground as "He has a billion more hax, he definitely easily wins via hax."

Don't just throw the arguments without giving the basis for them or else they're moot.

"even those new abilites he got from his subordenets wouldn't give him an advantage."

Oh God the downplay.

And the thread was going so well too.

@Andy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDsN5lWLKU0

@Fate Although wouldn't it mean that he didn't even realize it from the start? Actually where did causality even come from? I think I asked that before and whether or not that was answered I'm not quite sure.

Fair enough, but yeah I'm gonna side with the guy whose literal power is only manipulating the future. At least till I get more info regarding his causality's source.

@JBennett

Tbh this is true. Stalemate seems likely too. Or at least a possibility. I haven't seen Yhwach drag anyone through dimensions before.

@Fate 2

Wait wouldn't that mena Yukari can just repeatedly kill him then? And then he does the same. Revive revive revive-.... This is becoming Smosh and the Life Note thing all over again.

ROFL, the Life Note ref was the best thing ever.

Anyways, COB, I still stand for the same point at the beginning of this: Close and wait for Yuka's revision threads but sadly we have no power here to do that. * cries *

For now I'll wait for the OP to read on this if he can close the thread and wait until Yukari's much deserved Revisions are done, so we can reopen this thread or remake the match accordingly. That's all from me on the discussion, peace people.

Cya Fate, then again we could unequalize speed and/or give prep time to Yukari but that flips the tides too much.... To stomp or to get stomped.

It's one of the best Books ever.

FateAlbane said:
Elaborate. It has been largely agreed by now that this is mostly stompey. Saying "by hax alone she takes it" without explaining how and why holds as much ground as "He has a billion more hax, he definitely easily wins via hax."

Don't just throw the arguments without giving the basis for them or else they're moot.
I'm not saying she'll win "through hax" just that the amount of shit she could possibly use through her Boundary Manipulation far exceeds then what Yhwach can do. Yhwach's P&A list does supress Yukari's by a heavty amount but if we can what this: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Boundary_Manipulation

says seriously then yes her hax out clases him. The only way I can see her winning in any means is by sending Yhwach into space flying towards the sun where he can either die, eventually, after running out of reishi or by spending eternity burning alive in the sun.

beyond that I can whole honestly see Yukari just say "f*ck this" and just runs away.

Wait, you actually believe she has all the applications listed on the Boundary Manipulation page of SP wiki with no limits whatsoever?

Huh. Just to make this clear, if she had she would be on a way higher tier than Multi-Continent by now.

well if we take it sereously then yes if by feates alone then no but considering she is title the Mistress of Boundrey then its not totally impossible since it is stated that she can use both physicaly and conceptualy boundaries.

"Boundary Manipulation: Yukari has the ability to manipulate boundaries. The most common application of Yukari's boundary manipulation abilities is opening "gaps" which act as portals between two places. Yukari can create gaps through which only she can pass, or through which anything can pass.

• Aside from that Yukari can also control boundaries in a more general sense. Since the nature of all things is defined by its boundaries - for example, a lake can only exist as it is because there is a boundary between it and the atmosphere called water surface - Yukari's ability can in theory, be used to achieve a huge amount of different effects.
  • In general, Yukari is stated to be capable of manipulating the boundary between any and all things, but this is questionable, because of known exceptions. Specifically, she is not capable of creating gaps to the moon, which is inhabited by beings which are stated to be far superior to any youkai, and she is not capable of manipulating the boundaries near the Moriya shrine, which has two gods as inhabitants. The specific reasons why these boundaries are exceptions was never explained and can only be speculated upon. Even though these exceptions are considerable she is known to manipulate various fundamental boundaries such as the boundaries between truth and falsehood, reality, and fantasy, human and youkai, life and death, awake and asleep, day and night or winter and spring."
while its not specifically stated what her limit is, considering what its says here, its not compeltey impossible.

Like I always say... If we allow speculation for one side, it can also go for the other, locking both sides in an eternal loop of pointless speculation. Wait for the OP and see what is made of this. Best solution.

Otherwise it opens way for NLF, which I really would ask you to avoid as the discussion so far was very healthy.

Both COB and me are very knowledgeable of Touhou and Yukari - so far we are in agreements that it's best to wait and see what is made of her revisions and if this thread should wait.

well thats fine, like I said my vote is that Yukari would just say "f*ck this" and runs when things get to much for her.

that or she sends Yhwach flying to the sun where he either, eventually, dies or just spends eternity buring in the sun or just floats in space with no destination but I'm stiking to her just running.

Actually Fate if you go by SuperpowerWiki Yukari is Tier 0 and below : D

In all seriousness don't use the powers there. Sure we can boast about the vague potential of a power, but we're not here to wank. And still not believing the you only have to be MCB to survive the sun part....

Actually Fate if you go by SuperpowerWiki Yukari is Tier 0 and below : D
Duuuuude, mah Featherine's powahs laugh at your puny Boundaries, I can go 0 and bellow by manipulating the cause of you having any tier causes the effect of me being stronger tier. I manipulate the Cause and Effect of even tiers and make the cause of your power generate the effect that you lost before the thread was even made so don't even think about manipulating Boundary of tiers or weak and strong either because I can counter that all day, GG- (No seriously, that's enough for me, I admit that THIS one was me derailing. LOL)

The normal showings. I'd start off with "too many to list" and then I'd put the common showings like Reality Warping, Portal Creation, etc.

I was actually going to make a thread asking about yukari's feats as don't see anything about what she has done with her boundary manipulation on her page, at the moment it's really easy to wank and sounds like an nlf to me, not downplaying the character or anything but we should limit characters by what they have been shown to do and not make assumptions otherwise we would have characters like Reinhard van Astrea, being untouchable and incapable of being poisoned by anything and basically immune to everything.

JBennett said:
that or she sends Yhwach flying to the sun where he either, eventually, dies or just spends eternity buring in the sun or just floats in space with no destination but I'm stiking to her just running.
I though I debunk this two times already. Was I ignored? Lol

Afer tanking the sun he can just use his shadows to travel back or make a portal. I hope Yukari loves the sun as well because the Earth will be burning.

Question. How does Yukari knows of Yhwach's abilities to go for time-travel? Yhwach will see her decision first and change the future to where she never thinks of that or kill her right there, Ichibe's style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back