• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Vs Yhwach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god... The NLF.... The NLF everywhere. I feared this day would come.

Although honestly I'd give it to the girl who can actually time travel with the spiriting away effect that I argued before, and has reality warping since Gremmy's is incredibly limited and I doubt Yhwach would willingly use his other powers anyway.

Edit - Oh speed equalized. So I guess it's a stomp if speed was unequal huh.

Before anyone else comments on it, Yhwach says he can only copy abilities that he could understand and see. I doubt Yukari's the type to reveal her ability like many of those in a shonen manga. And if Yhwach can't exactly comprehend how boundary manipulation works, it's not going to be fun for him.

Hm...and checking that his Almighty doesn't just anhiliated the earth the instant it's on, and it's actually rely on his quincy power, I said Yukari have some leeway on this.

>Before anyone else comments on it, Yhwach says he can only copy abilities that he could understand and see. I doubt Yukari's the type to reveal her ability like many of those in a shonen manga. And if Yhwach can't exactly comprehend how boundary manipulation works, it's not going to be fun for him.

Whatever Yhwach sees he understands from any given perspective. It's another power of the Almighty. Doubly Handy when you can see every possible future.

And once again the only powers Yhwach has shown copying is the one that's literally where someone is explaining said power to him. Don't see him using any other power despite his claims. It has to be something he knows and recognized. Otherwise we won't have the quote pf

[ Any power of which he "knows" will become his ally]

[Any power of which he "knows" will become his ally]

And if Almighty is so perfect, even if Aizen's power influenced him before Almighty took effect (And barring the amazingness of Aizen in general) it should have detected all the possibilities such as his ability suddenly being cancelled in the future, because that's an existing future right there. Or maybe his claims of seeing every possibly future does have a limit and can't copy a power it cannot understand or comprehend directly...

Edit - Because it's quite a paradox. Seeing every possible future when KS prevents you when in theory it should have allowed you to be able to see the future where the effect cancels out? Yeah. Quite contradictory.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, to be quite blunt.. Are you trying to say he needs his opponent to explain what their doing, even though he sees all,and therefore understands all, in order to negate their powers?? I'm sorry but thats blatant downplaying

Yhwach negated Ichibei's name on him being "Ant" even after it was done, and you cannot explain how ink gives you the power to essentially reality warp your opponent to the strength of a ant.

you answered this yourself, Aizen's KS changed Yhwach's perception of the future by a very small margin so he didn't know KS was being used, and it worked since it was used in the past.

What I'm saying is that he needs to 'understand' the ability at first. How retardedly weak Almighty would be if that was the case, although then again he doesnt' really use the power copying aspect of his power doesn't he?

It's simple. "This is how my power works." done. Yhwach just needs a description. Not an explanation of how it all works. And in Yukari's case she's not going to do that.

Then Almighty isn't so perfect isn't it? Simple. It can be blotted out. It's not allowing him the ability to see the part of the future where the illusion ends.

Meanwhile still waiting for pending buffs.

Lost my response because of a refresh. Gdi.

My point is Yhwach almost always uses his ability. And hell if he would copy every power he sees all the time, then he should've been able to copy Aizen's power in the beginning and become immune to his power EVEN if he was under the effects of it already. Because he'll essentially be gaining the power that's affecting him anyway regardless of him being affected by it or not. Of course this is just a point that Yhwach doesn't basically copy the power of any enemy he sees despite the sheer overwhelming potential and use of said ability. Or maybe that he couldn't comprehend the power in the first place which was why it led to his demise of being killed by that genius plan. Admittedly my wording made it seem like he can't use his power but I'm basically pointing out the flaws of that ability. So I guess I was kinda downplaying earlier and I apologize for that. But there are still major flaws in it...

Tldr

1 - If he can see every future possible then the thought of him being affected by KS beforehand should've been a possibility and would've popped into his mind because EVEN if he's under the effect, it should still have taken every hyopthetical possibility that he might be under the effect.

2 - and that itself would lead to the question, why didn't he copy the power which would've been incredibly useful against Ichigo and Aizen and would've disposed of them at that point with ease.

3 - Which.... leads to the question if he sees all, then if he couldn't comprehend being under KS then that means incomprehensible things for him are too much.

So basically.... this leads to my argument that he's not gonna copy every power he sees in existence nor make full use of it. Otherwise he would've made full use of Ichibei's power too against the others instead of making traps and breaking weapons repeatedly. Of course that cuold be PIS but it's still a contributing factor.

Tldr tldr - Yhwach is probably too proud to use power copying extensively and dimensional power alongside possibly time travel would be too much.

I don't really understand why much emphasis is placed on Yhwach being able to copy powers. Doesn't he negate power/hax? Using the Aizen argument as a reason why Yhwach wouldn't be able to understand his opponent's powers or see all possible futures (well I'm iffy on this one too) is not really fair or something (don't know how to put the word) as it has been established that illusions are one of Yhwach's weaknesses in canon which is why Aizen was able to perform impressively against him. He doesn't come into versus battles under Kyōka Suigetsu so why use that argument? It's not like Yukari has prep or something that'll give her an advantage over Yhwach like Aizen's situation.

Okay, so back to the match. Does Yukari go for time travel at the beginning of her fights? Because if she doesn't, I don't see why Yhwach can't negate her power like he did with Ichigo. He broke his Bankai before he could even twitch properly. Can Yhwach do something similar here? Also, this guy has the powers of his Sternritter here. He could use the Balance to transfer his misfortunes or something.

Because frankly from my explanation above it's still the same. His power copying and power negating is basically two branches of the same power that he uses. So if he can copy something he can negate it.

Almight is always frequently made out to be truly absolute. But even if it was under an illusion it foresees EVERY single point of the future, which is frequently used. So why didn't it make a hypothethical situation or future where Yhwach discovered he was under the effect of it? Regardless of being under the effect of KS, it's still something his oh so almighty ability should've considered. And if it did, or if he used it already on Aizen he should've negated it already.

He does not start the match under the effect of KS but if you ignore that factor that really damages the credibility and absolution of his ability then it's quite something. It's not fair basically. We're not going to turn a blind eye on something that discredits the full extent or shows limitation on his future manipulation. That's all I'm trying to do. Point out the limitations and how his power copying and negating isn't that effective. Just like in the case of Ichibei, he was only able to negate it after understanding the power. Same with Aizen once he realized that he was under the effects of it AFTER he died and it was turned off. So from what it seems, even sense delibitating effects or power negating effects are something hard for him to comprehend until he finally fully understands.

No she does not, but if she figures out his ability it should be easy sailing from that point. And I already explained why Yhwach can't just Lolnopenegate everything. When your specialty is negating powers and you can't negate normal attacks it doesn't bode well. By that I mean physical force alone. There are limitations to his ability that people like to ignore for the sake of making him out as absurdly strong, which he is, but he still has limitations. Also from what I see if Yhwach can really negate powers then why didn't he turn all of Ichigo's attacks into something useless? Technically he did but even after his first death, he could've done it but still allowed for Ichigo to do as he pleases when the logical course of action WITH Almighty would be too aim for him. Is it PIS? Arguably but at the same time maybe the guy who's 'freaking out and screaming about how he can't die and you can't kill him' probably has a potential chance of being a bit too cocky with all that power of his..

Also has Yhwach dealt with BFR before? Being tossed into the sun or gapped into it? Cause I don't think he can negate the sun.

Twitch properly? What? And there's nothing to break here. Bankais aren't part of Touhou canon so I don't think you can compare properly unless it's Tenshi he's fighting. The one thing he might be able to negate is the simpler lower use of boundary manipulation but then again I'm not even sure if he can do that to a weaker ability. That's like if he fought a competent version of Gremmy and he had no idea how his power works and Gremmy simply uses attacks that seem like his power is not really subjective power. Helped by the fact that once again, Yukari doesn't boast about her power.

Except in character Yhwach never uses any of his powers so what's the point? And high liklihood of Yukari just reversing that since boundary manipulation had her manipulate the balance of motion and stillness before.

Edit -

Once more, if he could just copy everything he sees then the quote -

[Any power of which he "knows" will become his ally]

-wouldn't need to have know and instead should just be 'see'. And I pointed out its flaws already.

We're still forgetting the main point of this match. Yhwach sees the future where Yukari has her head in her hands. Instead of a future where Yukari offs him. By the way, how does she off him? Danmaku won't work. AP difference is massive. Her 2-D to 3-D thing hasn't shown the capacity of what people say. BFR won't work. Almighty can understand that much. Etc.

Multi-continent isn't that far off from moon durability.

Of course with speed unequalized it would be a stomp though.

What do you mean by the second sentence? You saying that he just changes the future where Yukari's head is literally on her hands? Or did you mean Yhwach's head? Just wanted to clarify because he shows no signs of ever eradicating anyone with a thought. Arguably Ichibei but at that point he wasn't manipulating future yet.

Why won't BFR work? Just cause Almighty? Has he shown feats of resisting a BFR?

And once again, pending Touhou buffs that seems to be generally accepted are happening right now.

Also it has been stated that if one has the power to manipulate boundaries then they have the capability to destroy and create boundaries. So there's something.

Kinda is. MC gap is gigantic. And I'm aware. Kinda why I voted for the haxless Frieza when he was against Yhwach.

her head is in her hands. And that's not eradication with a thought. It's the future thing. Causality manipulation.

The dude can undo his own death. He's conscious if he's BFR'd.

Bud, we're cool and all, but please stop bringing up the buffs on every Touhou thread.

@RealCal

Ah. I always thought it was that close. Well anyway I typed the above before my phone alerted me you posted so ignore the above. But I still stand with the planetary Touhou issue that's almost accepted.

Err... maybe it's just the wording that confuses me.

Being sent into another plane entirely is kinda different from death. Yhwach's body was still around there and for all we know he might've just ressurected that way. Ressurecting repeatedly on the sun is going to be a bit more difficult.

Alright I'll cease, but it's kinda a thing when a match is always done when it's still pending. Anyway Yhwach may not be the only one able to revive himself from death. This is gonna be the last one I link.

How does copying someone's power negate it? Though I don't really remember his fight with Ichibē so I don't know how it went down.

Sorry but I don't still understand how the Aizen situation affects this one. If he had tried it on Yhwach when the Almighty was activated, it wouldn't have worked. And Yhwach starts with The Almighty here so I don't see what the problem is. I know you're trying to say that it has a limitation or something but how would we know if Yukari would be able to exploit it when she doesn't know anything about it? Even if we assume he can't see all possible futures, he can still see multiple ones and transform them at will.

Okay, we know The Almighty has limitations since he wasn't able to undo the effects of Kyōka Suigetsu until he rewrote his death. But again, I'm not sure how that affects this match because that was only made possible because Yhwach didn't have The Almighty back then. Now that he has it, why would something like that work? I'm not sure but isn't that like saying Kyōka Suigetsu could work on Yhwach with The Almighty active? The way I understand it, if Yukari had used a special ability on Yhwach before he activates The Almighty, it could have worked out for her the way it went for Aizen. But he starts with The Almighty, so how's all of that going to fly? I don't understand the first one but the power negating one was PIS. I'm assuming you mean the silver arrow.

When you say physical power, do you mean something like close combat or something? Like attacks that don't release energy or something. Because there's no reason Yhwach wouldn't see that from the future. The only times Ichigo got the drop on him was when he didn't have The Almighty activated, when Yhwach was under Kyōka Suigetsu and Aizen created a distraction for him and when Yhwach was hit with the arrow. He casually broke his Bankai and beat him up before absorbing his powers. I'm confused here. After Yhwach died, came back to life and proceeded to start screaming and absorb Aizen, wasn't that when he was hit with the arrow?

Don't see BFR working because of The Almighty.

Why the question mark? Didn't Ichigo's Bankai get broken the very next page after he activated it? And he was still in the same position and had the same posture he did when activating it. Also, I didn't mean to imply that he was going to break anything. Just that he would be able to do what he likes to her like absorbing her or taking her powers away with Sankt Altar. Also, it's not like Ichigo boasted before he got his Bankai or horn broken. I'm not referring to Yhwach negating Yukari's powers because I'm confused about that one.

I thought anytime Yhwach is allowed to use the powers of his Sternritter, we just assume that he would use them because there's no point in giving him that if he wouldn't use that except he's bloodlusted. Anyway, I didn't even know he had Sternritter powers, I only assumed that because you mentioned Gremmy's Reality Warping.

Now, I don't understand Yhwach's powers much and I don't particularly care for him either so I'm not arguing in his favor. I only posted here because I was confused about some things said here so I'll just leave the debate to someone that wants to vote for him.

Sorry for being unclear what I mean was that typically when Yhwach copies a power he negates it too. And hey it was confusing too even today.

Oh? Well honestly I got a wee bit off topic pointing out the flaws in it. It's not something she can really take advantage of but then again she has her own brand of illussions too so who knows Almighty might just be weak to illussions. But then again that's a speculation for me and don't take my word for it. And to what extent though? It's so easy to abuse the power since we don't have a clear description of how many things he can do. Cause honestly someone should compile all of the things he did. Maybe I should do that... And Yukari should be able to understand how he can change the future seeing as she dealt with time based powers from enemies before. Kaguya for example.

Nah it's just me getting off topic. Carry on. I should just do a thread on this anyway. But to answer that basically yeah. You're right on that. Although the point of mine is to point out something else. Nothing really adds up to the match... oh kek. (That one's not directed at you, but to me)

Yes. That's the one. But the power was only supposed to be shut down for a moment or less. My main point either way is that he overlooks things (Even if it's CIS or PIs for him to leave Ichigo instead of killing him or focusing on despair...) seeing as regardless of whether or not the illussion of him being affected by KS, in truth the hypothethical situation of him being placed under a hyponsis spell should've entered his mind because it's a possible future that he could see happening to him. And the power thing, well why would he bother breaking Bankais when the attacks should have no effect on him? Of course you can say it was because he wanted to break Ichigo's will to continue (instead of just killing him off right away) but then again he could've just literally took on everything too or at least negated the attacks to make it more impressive. Or use the Miracle to regenerate- basically, he's vulnerable to actual direct force or masses of energy attack. He can be harmed by those and may not be able to negate something that isn't a 'power' and has to selectively aim for Bankai or use his future manipulation to create traps or break something. Sorry for being confusing, I need to phrase it better.

So wait what. Once he gets gapped to the sun he'll just fly back or something? Is that the consensus?

Because I was confused by the twitch word. And yeah this whole debate is confusing... Kek. And Quincies dodged Sankt Altar before didn't they? Why can't Yukari do the same? Hell she can just gap herself out of there.

That makes sense but even then it's still very in character for him to not use them. Or Almighty is at least better than most of his powers or he's overreliant on it. Funnily enough if you ignore Almighty and give him everything else it could be a fun match for any other opponent. But anyway not the point. If that's the case then alright.

Gotcha.

I want to clear out that Yhwach has resistance to 15 Million degrees with blut vene. The surface of the sun will not do anything to him.

Welp. In that case there goes the sun.

Oh and forgot to respond to that dimension thing but if Yukari can enter dreams and stories as stated in her profile in the wiki(other wiki) then it should be easy enough for her to bring along someone there or send someone there.

And becoming a lower dimension being is not as simple as being weakened to only have a power of an ant.

No problem.

Yes, maybe a thread should be created for Yhwach so his powers can be further discussed because I'm confused about it.

Ah, well dunno about the hypothetical stuff. He broke Ichigo's Bankai because he was afraid of it. I think he broke the others just to show off his powers or something. Yhwach hadn't absorbed Gerard'spower the first time iirc. Maybe the silver arrow stopped all his powers instead of The Almighty, but then again it's not like he would even bother using the powers of his Sternritter anyway.

No, I said it wouldn't work because of The Almighty. Like Yhwach would be able to foresee it and work against it happening.

Okay. No, that was Auswahlen.

Yeah, most likely. I just assumed if he was given access to them, he would automatically use them in a versus thread.

Also, what's Yukari getting upgraded to?

Makes sense. I'll have to do that soon. Sorry again xD

Then yeah we can just avoid discussiong the details about Almighty then. And the Miracle I'm pointing out may have been what temporarily fuelled his ressurection. And even when he was taking hits from them if he had that power or the ability to heal himself it shouldn't matter.

But how would he exactly dodge being gapped there? Or if he gets surrounded by portals? Some attacks no matter if you can perceive them or not are undodgeable. Although then again he did make a portal before.

Ah. The one on Ichibei. I still see it as being possible to dodge though.

Fair enough. Then again the portrayal of both seems to be in character here.

Planetary, which would mean this would end up like Frieza vs Yhwach if that was the case.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Maybe the silver arrow stopped all his powers instead of The Almighty
See the correct translation for the arrow effects. [1] It interferes with all of his powers and for a second it eliminates then all. Deux ex machina anyone?

That's on a level of Supernatural PIS weapon that's supposed to kill. Wait.... The Winchester and Ichigo were frequently dealing with inner demons, constantly revealed to be something, alongside gambits with handsome devils....

Okay.

Yeah, but for him to be able to regenerate, he has to activate The Miracle which he didn't bother doing.

I don't know but this guy can transform the future. It might happen the same way it did against Ichigo. Like doing something against her before she can properly utilize the portals.

Don't even remember how it works. Just that it takes people's powers away.

Meaning that Yhwach should get stomped.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
That's on a level of Supernatural PIS weapon that's supposed to kill. Wait.... The Winchester and Ichigo were frequently dealing with inner demons, constantly revealed to be something, alongside gambits with handsome devils....
@o@ I don't know.

@Burning Full Fingers Actually Gerard just does it naturally. Maybe his is like a darker eye filled version?

The portals are instantenous though. And multiple portals may be difficult to handle.

I see, but initially it didn't work on Ichibei didn't it? Well this was pre-Almighty so it's a bit confusing. Should've used it on Aizen early either way.

Pretty much.

@Apple Lord

Supernatural = Bleach confirmed

Burning Full Fingers said:
Yeah, but for him to be able to regenerate, he has to activate The Miracle which he didn't bother doing.
Didn't Yhwach used that power shortly after coming back to life? His body looks huge, then his power were eliminated by the arrow and he shrunk to normal. I could swear that he also used other abilities without the need of saying the letters, however, i can't remember in which parts were they used.

Yhwach was defeated by PIS, people. Bring anything but please don't bring the stupid PIS arrow shot by PIS Ishida with Deus Ex Machina fail ending powers. The whole ending in Bleach was a storm of PIS and CIS where the plot went to hell, bringing that arrow up as an argument is as null as it gets.

@AppleLord That might be the case actually. So his claims of Future Manipulation undoing his death could've been a combination or one of Gremmy's believing he wasn't dead since he was still conscious, or Gerard's miracle ability.

@FateAlbana

We can't lol PIS everything in the end though. It's a special arrow fuelled by PIS alright. But then again that kinda makes it for debating if everything is just judged on that. Also I'm focusing on the things that surround the case of the arrow not the arrow itself.

Also, gotta agree with Cal on this one, lack of Acausality kinda messes up Yukari against the Almighty.

...And before anyone brings up Griffith, don't. I don't agree with that result at all. Lack of Acausality vs anything similar to offensive Causality, Future and/or Fate manip means you're thoroughly doomed or spells disaster in most cases. But I've seen the marvelous argument that she freaking takes control of all Causality he could manipulate there and then wins, among other absurds. So just let me vote Yhwach and be done with it. You can vote Yukari if you want, I won't try to change that. Done.

Your phrasing on Griffith confuses me.

Also where does Yhwach's feat of that comes from? Because frankly it's a very limited type from what I'm seeing so far. And we're starting to show the flaws more here.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
We can't lol PIS everything in the end though. It's a special arrow fuelled by PIS alright. But then again that kinda makes it for debating if everything is just judged on that. Also I'm focusing on the things that surround the case of the arrow not the arrow itself.
Not saying everything or the entire ending, of course, but the arrow situation was largely agreed in every discussion regarding it as PIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back