• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Naruto's starting move is Shadow Clones, Yuji's is punch

I’d say Yuji is more skilled and has the combat intelligence advantage enabling him to use his physical advantage (I.e. speed and physical strength) and environment very effectively. That along with massive endurance, should help him deal with Shadow Clones.

Of course, there’s the fact that Yuji was chosen by the black sparks so… a one shot can happen anytime in this fight via Black Flash.

Can Naruto deal with cursed energy effects? It takes just some minutes to kill a non sorcerer
This too seems like a problem ^

So while Naruto may have some abilities that might give him the win, I would say Yuji seems to have more advantage in this fight given all that’s mentioned.

I’ll be arguing for Yuji, but I won’t vote until arguments are fleshed out and consensus is clear.

I’d say Yuji is more skilled and has the combat intelligence advantage enabling him to use his physical advantage (I.e. speed and physical strength) and environment very effectively. That along with massive endurance, should help him deal with Shadow Clones.

Of course, there’s the fact that Yuji was chosen by the black sparks so… a one shot can happen anytime in this fight via Black Flash.

This too seems like a problem ^

So while Naruto may have some abilities that might give him the win, I would say Yuji seems to have more advantage in this fight given all that’s mentioned.

I’ll be arguing for Yuji, but I won’t vote until arguments are fleshed out and consensus is clear.
Also Yuji can damage the soul with his punches.

Well I don’t think people feel like arguing for a game version of the character. Just change it to third key Part 1 Nardo and restrict anything above 8-A. I’d probably give a few thoughts too.

Well I don’t think people feel like arguing for a game version of the character. Just change it to third key Part 1 Nardo and restrict anything above 8-A. I’d probably give a few thoughts too.
storm Naruto doesn't have any matches.

Can Naruto deal with cursed energy effects? It takes just some minutes to kill a non sorcerer
This is just JJK Zero nonsense btw. This never happened to pre-awakening Maki after that specific incident and she fought way stronger Curses after that. She was in a special grade (Dagon)'s domain too and no weird "cursed energy ggs all non-sorcerers" stuff.

He probably can't bypass durability with normal punches, the only upside to his soul punches is that the damage dealt by them can't be healed with soul manip. It doesn't work like the Soul Liberation Katana for example.
Whatever you saying just Contradicts with Narrative. I suggest you to re read Mahito fight. He wasn't Harming Mahito physicals.

This is just JJK Zero nonsense btw. This never happened to pre-awakening Maki after that specific incident and she fought way stronger Curses after that. She was in a special grade (Dagon)'s domain too and no weird "cursed energy ggs all non-sorcerers" stuff.
Heavenly Restrictions users are Resistance to curses. You can't just say Current Maki didn't got affected so Previous feats are not valid when There is a year time gap between that version.

Whatever you saying just Contradicts with Narrative. I suggest you to re read Mahito fight. He wasn't Harming Mahito physicals.
I suggest you read literally any other fight Yuji has partaken in. His "soul manipulation" amounts to Mahito being unable to no-sell his attacks because they can't touch the soul. They deal regular damage, they just happen to hit that specific niche vs Mahito, compare and contrast with smth like SLK which also attacks the soul but is always shown to dura-neg.

Heavenly Restrictions users are Resistance to curses. You can't just say Current Maki didn't got affected so Previous feats are not valid when There is a year time gap between that version.
The only HR user that has that resistance is Toji and awakened Maki. What evidence is there to suggest that Maki, who hasn't broken free of CE yet, is resistant? She is still considered a non-sorcerer.

I suggest you re-read the profile and every fight with Mahito involved. Mahito takes damage from the physical attacks, and Yuji's soul punch stops him from mutating his soul back into place. He couldn't damage the soul if he couldn't damage Mahito.

I suggest you read literally any other fight Yuji has partaken in. His "soul manipulation" amounts to Mahito being unable to no-sell his attacks because they can't touch the soul. They deal regular damage, they just happen to hit that specific niche vs Mahito, compare and contrast with smth like SLK which also attacks the soul but is always shown to dura-neg.
  • Everyone in the verse who are Grade 1 and above Subconsciously protects their soul with their CE which is already in the profile Downgrade it then talk if you disagree.
  • We don't even know if Cursed Spirits who are naturally born has souls apart from mahito so idk which other fights you are refering.
  • The argument of "check other fights" doesn't work. Unless you show the scans where it's stated his Soul interaction gets stopped. Also if you disagree make a Downgrade for his NPI.
The only HR user that has that resistance is Toji and awakened Maki. What evidence is there to suggest that Maki, who hasn't broken free of CE yet, is resistant? She is still considered a non-sorcerer.
Show me where it was stated only HR who was resistance to Curses is toji?
  • When Yuki meets Geto she literally points out Maki
  • When again Yuki mentioned Something about HR resistance after Shibuya arc when they were trying to contact Tengen.

I suggest you re-read the profile and every fight with Mahito involved. Mahito takes damage from the physical attacks, and Yuji's soul punch stops him from mutating his soul back into place.
What?
He couldn't damage the soul if he couldn't damage Mahito.
😭😭😭 what are you talking about? Have you even read the chapter properly? Yuji hit his soul to damage Mahito. Idk where you get the idea of Only Mahito got damaged.
rkfoOpJ-0027-016.png

Anyway make a Downgrade if you disagree with whats accepted in the profile. I'm not gonna entertain this shit which is already a thing.

She probabily got some resistance after one year, since her lack of tolerance against curse was still something. Beside, one of the main features about Toji's body is his resistance

• Everyone in the verse who are Grade 1 and above Subconsciously protects their soul with their CE which is already in the profile Downgrade it then talk if you disagree.
The "soul protection" has consistently only worked for a few touches against Mahito's idle transfiguration, most of the time only one. Want to go count how many times Yuji punched Todo or any other Grade 1? What about characters under Grade 1 like Junpei or random fodder transfigured humans? By the way, was "Grade 1 and above" ever stated? We know Nanami can, we know Yuji can, and we know Todo can. Common factor is that all of these characters have used Black Flash and understand the core of cursed energy. How can you say for certain that every single Grade 1 can do that, rather than just the ones with deeper understanding feats?
We don't even know if Cursed Spirits who are naturally born has souls apart from mahito so idk which other fights you are refering.
I don't really see why Mahito would be an exception here. He's just a curse like any other, only difference is high potential and a particularly strong technique. I don't think the site assumes "no soul" by default.
The argument of "check other fights" doesn't work. Unless you show the scans where it's stated his Soul interaction gets stopped. Also if you disagree make a Downgrade for his NPI.
Show me any situation where Yuji dura-negged somebody.
When Yuki meets Geto she literally points out Maki
Uh, in Hidden Inventory? No, she just mentioned that other cases like Toji exist, but all of them are inferior and have some amount of cursed energy left. I don't recall Maki being mentioned by name.
When again Yuki mentioned Something about HR resistance after Shibuya arc when they were trying to contact Tengen.
She probabily got some resistance after one year, since her lack of tolerance against curse was still something. Beside, one of the main features about Toji's body is his resistance
This scan says that the only reason she's still alive is her own physical durability, rather than any amount of tolerance to cursed energy. This just shows her ability to recover. Again, Gege has never brought up that thing about Cursed Energy instantly GGing non-sorcerers ever again, at least not to my memory. In fact, in Shibuya, people were exposed to a shit-ton of Cursed Energy as a result of Gojo opening his Domain (and the residual energy left afterwards) in the train station and the only casualties were from direct hits from either curses or transfigured humans.

The "soul protection" has consistently only worked for a few touches against Mahito's idle transfiguration, most of the time only one.
Want to go count how many times Yuji punched Todo or any other Grade 1?
  • Jiro has no rank
  • Todo grade 1 Sorcerer shown to be capable of resisting Soul Manipulation of Mahito which is higher than what Yuji does
  • When he fought Higu Yuji didn't had CE so it doens't matter and higu is grade 1.
  • Hakari is above grade 1
  • Panda is cursed corpse.
  • Sukuna Special Grade
  • Choso Special Grade cursed spirit and Grade 1 Sorcerer level character
  • Eso and Kechizu same as Choso's.
  • Grade 2 grasshopper Cursed Spirit which like i already said we don't have anything to back it up it has soul.
  • transfigured humans all got one shot by Yuji so we never know.
What about characters under Grade 1 like Junpei or random fodder transfigured humans?
  • 😭I'm starting to question have you really read the series. They literally got one shoted by his attacks.
  • We don't even know if Yuji used his CE to punch Junpei when he was literally trying to save his ass. So that's a null.
By the way, was "Grade 1 and above" ever stated? We know Nanami can, we know Yuji can, and we know Todo can. Common factor is that all of these characters have used Black Flash and understand the core of cursed energy. How can you say for certain that every single Grade 1 can do that, rather than just the ones with deeper understanding feats?
Make a Downgrade 🗣️🗣️🗣️
I don't really see why Mahito would be an exception here. He's just a curse like any other, only difference is high potential and a particularly strong technique. I don't think the site assumes "no soul" by default.
  1. Cursed Spirits are born from Negative emotions and beliefs. Mahito is human curse. human has soul and We never get any statement for Gojo or anyone regarding the soul
  2. Naoya and Rika who are cursed Spirits are stated to have the Soul. Not to mention Cursed Rika is literally stated to be just Consciousness nowhere stated anything about she having a soul. Still she was previously human
Show me any situation where Yuji dura-negged somebody.
  • Mahito 🗣️
  • Mahito double.
Uh, in Hidden Inventory? No, she just mentioned that other cases like Toji exist, but all of them are inferior and have some amount of cursed energy left. I don't recall Maki being mentioned by name.
Yuki had interest in Toji. Later it was shown in background that Maki is her next target
This scan says that the only reason she's still alive is her own physical durability, rather than any amount of tolerance to cursed energy. This just shows her ability to recover. Again, Gege has never brought up that thing about Cursed Energy instantly GGing non-sorcerers ever again, at least not to my memory. In fact, in Shibuya, people were exposed to a shit-ton of Cursed Energy as a result of Gojo opening his Domain (and the residual energy left afterwards) in the train station and the only casualties were from direct hits from either curses or transfigured humans.
It doesn't states she lacks Resistance to curses. Yuki says she got protected by her toughness. Which is clearly indicating she has resistance but toughness is what saved her.

15-950lBqcgGVEqW.png

At this point you people are deliberately ignoring the feats
Todo uses Blackflash Mahito clearly mentioned it won't do jackshit while Yuji Blackflash was clearly doing damage to him. Why? We know Yujis attacks reaches Mahitos Soul.
11-BRWo91cEnlgy_.png

1. Not dura-neg considering Mahito can eat his hits.
2. That just means he's looking for the real one. I'm not denying he can interact with the soul, it just doesn't go beyond conventional durability.
3. Not dura-neg, just again, damaging the soul with his own brute force. If it was dura-neg he would do the same amount of damage uniformly, he wouldn't deal more damage based on his AP.
Jiro has no rank
Todo grade 1 Sorcerer shown to be capable of resisting Soul Manipulation of Mahito which is higher than what Yuji does
When he fought Higu Yuji didn't had CE so it doens't matter and higu is grade 1.
Hakari is above grade 1
Panda is cursed corpse.
Sukuna Special Grade
Choso Special Grade cursed spirit and Grade 1 Sorcerer level character
Eso and Kechizu same as Choso's.
Grade 2 grasshopper Cursed Spirit which like i already said we don't have anything to back it up it has soul.
transfigured humans all got one shot by Yuji so we never know.
Him having no rank doesn't make him Grade 1, especially considering that he stood no chance (albeit in a 2v1) against two actual Grade 1s.

Todo resisted Mahito's soul manip once. Every other time he used a Binding Vow to sacrifice. Yuji's soul interaction prevents Mahito from soul-manipping himself so I don't see how Mahito's is somehow far superior.

Rest don't really matter. You haven't explained why anyone at grade 1 level regardless of their actual experience and CE knowledge should subconsciously protect their soul.
We don't even know if Yuji used his CE to punch Junpei when he was literally trying to save his ass. So that's a null.
Didn't Yuji hit Junpei's Shikigami? He can't do that without CE.
Mahito 🗣️
Mahito double.
Hurting someone's soul but not bypassing conventional durability = dura neg 🔥 this is so real
Yuki had interest in Toji. Later it was shown in background that Maki is her next target

It doesn't states she lacks Resistance to curses. Yuki says she got protected by her toughness. Which is clearly indicating she has resistance but toughness is what saved her.
She probably didn't know that Maki wasn't full HR yet if that's the case.

Also, how is her getting protected by natural toughness rather than tolerance to curses indication that she does have a resistance? It just means that she doesn't need a resistance despite being a non-sorcerer due to her HR. Btw, I'm not the one who has to prove that lesser HR can have Toji's resistances.

At this point you people are deliberately ignoring the feats
Todo uses Blackflash Mahito clearly mentioned it won't do jackshit while Yuji Blackflash was clearly doing damage to him. Why? We know Yujis attacks reaches Mahitos Soul.
It doesn't do jackshit because it can't damage the soul, and Mahito can reshape his body with his soul, nullifying all physical damage. It is as shrimple as that.

11-BRWo91cEnlgy_.png
Which is also why Nanami hurts him in their fights and then he regenerated. Attacks can hurt Mahito, he just regens.

It doesn't do jackshit because it can't damage the soul, and Mahito can reshape his body with his soul, nullifying all physical damage. It is as shrimple as that.
So you accept Yuji can damage the soul thanks 👍
1. Not dura-neg considering Mahito can eat his hits.
2. That just means he's looking for the real one. I'm not denying he can interact with the soul, it just doesn't go beyond conventional durability.
3. Not dura-neg, just again, damaging the soul with his own brute force. If it was dura-neg he would do the same amount of damage uniformly, he wouldn't deal more damage based on his AP.
Sure buddy hitting a soul and damaging is not durability negation 🗣️
Him having no rank doesn't make him Grade 1, especially considering that he stood no chance (albeit in a 2v1) against two actual Grade 1s.
They didn't stood a chance until they figured out his technique this is completely headcanon.
Todo resisted Mahito's soul manip once. Every other time he used a Binding Vow to sacrifice.
Mahito Soul Manipulation > Yujis punches already mentioned idk why you are repeating same thing. Also when did Todo used binding vow?
Yuji's soul interaction prevents Mahito from soul-manipping himself so I don't see how Mahito's is somehow far superior.
Send the scan where it was stated Yuji interaction makes Mahito technique gets stopped
Rest don't really matter. You haven't explained why anyone at grade 1 level regardless of their actual experience and CE knowledge should subconsciously protect their soul.
Already accepted in the verse so Downgrade it I'm not gonna bothered.
Didn't Yuji hit Junpei's Shikigami? He can't do that without CE.
How hitting Shikigami = Junpei?
Hurting someone's soul but not bypassing conventional durability = dura neg 🔥 this is so real
Wow so he is hurting someones soul without Bypassing conventional durability. Nice makes more sense.
She probably didn't know that Maki wasn't full HR yet if that's the case.

Also, how is her getting protected by natural toughness rather than tolerance to curses indication that she does have a resistance? It just means that she doesn't need a resistance despite being a non-sorcerer due to her HR. Btw, I'm not the one who has to prove that lesser HR can have Toji's resistances.
You still hasn't sent a scan where there is a rule that fully HR only has resistance to curses.

So your only problem is Durability Negation?
So you don't accept just the explanation written in the profile but also the ability added? Fine. Sure I will add that shit in my revisions.
Dear god the explanation does not say he has dura neg. It does not imply he's negating Mahito's durability. Please show one situation outside of Mahito where Itadori dura negs someone. He never does it once outside of your supposed examples with Mahito. For example, in his fight with the bug curse it withstands multiple of his hits which would not happen if he was dura neging.

Back