• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
On what scale does scp-2786's hax work?

Albeit atm yuichi speed blitzes, though don't think he can deal with high-godly regen, low-godly possibly.

This match entirely depends on that, yuichi matches are pretty straight forward, if his opponents abilities work above planet level, he losses, if its below, they get negated and he plot manipulates himself to win.

2786 always perceives the reality that he exists in as fiction that his is the main protagonist of. I believe this would mean that his plot manip works on at least a 4D scale.

Then yuichi losses hard, albeit he is still faster here, since speed isn't equalized, but yuichi can't kill it anyway.

Hey guys, I created this profile (first one I've done here actually) so hopefully, I can give a bit more background on 2786's capabilities, particularly as they relate to this battle. Firstly though, any matchup with 2786 needs to have speed equalized because we don't have a great way of determining his speed given available information.

It's not that 2786 perceives the reality it exists in as fiction, it perceives fiction and conventional reality to be on the same level; as in both are reality.

On the issue of its scale:

"Hume readings of SCP-2786 reveal little difference from baseline, yet the anomaly behaves and interacts with reality in a way that warps the flow of events to follow what appears to be standard narrative cohesion. It is unknown how SCP-2786 managed to manifest itself within the Foundation, but there has been some hypothesis on the nature of the subject."

The above quote is taken from [its SCP file]. Hume readings are used as a measurement of the degree to which an SCP warps reality around it. So basically, it doesn't behave as a standard reality warper whose impact can be detected through those means. So, that's inconclusive and likely applies to all of its hax that could broadly be considered reality warping. Next order of business is to try and establish a lower bound which we can do based on the fictional realities in which 2786 has manifested. This includes Amnesia: The Dark Descent which takes place inside Brennenburg Castle, a large castle which should be at least the size of a town. In the case of Amnesia, 2786 took control over the mechanics of the game and the laws that govern how it functions. The castle I'm referring to includes orbs capable of transporting people to higher dimensions (edit: it is possible that this is simply another universe not a 5th dimension although it should be noted that the descriptions of its geometry seem to suggest 5D and the Orbs opening the pathway is implied to be an existential threat to the universe) and a potentially Universe level+ entity.

EDIT: will finish this later, have to get off the computer at work

Bump

TLDR 2786's hax are way beyond planetary in scale.

I hadn't initially considered the implications of how it was stated to progress through Amnesia. It had to have killed an intangible Low 2-C with a durability negating pistol it created as well as prevented likely universal destruction at least once with a highball of affecting 5D (but I mean we shouldn't necessarily take "impossible geometry" or 'incomprehensible structures' too literally but then again, simply looking at it through Orbs is implied to be a threat to the universe so idk)

2786 has only been shown to manifest in one reality at once and erasing that reality along with 2786 itself will only temporarily remove 2786's influence and it will manifest again. If it's not High-Godly, then its nature simulates that level of regen; Low-Godly is just the true lower bound.

If 2786's hax is above planetary, then 2786 Fra. We might have a new contender for the strongest 9-B in the strongest tier thread.

Eclar said:
If 2786's hax is above planetary, then 2786 Fra. We might have a new contender for the strongest 9-B in the strongest tier thread.
Well, as it stands right now 2786 also has a really solid chance at beating an unrestricted Medaka so on the top dog 9-B issue, yeeah

Now that I think about it, isn't this match a stomp? Yuichi can't put 2786 down because of its high-godly regen and his plot manipulation (which is his most powerful hax) is outclassed.

And yea i also think this is a stomp since yuichi can't deal with the regen or hax, and his hax is pretty specific, anything above a certain range is out of his league to deal with, his hax just doesn't work after something is above planet lvl.

In the strongest for every tier thread it should be noted that the match was a stomp for ranking purposes but other than that, I'm not sure where to go with this.

There's also Cain in 9-B but uh..I don't know how battles with him work? lol

It should be noted though that 2786 vs Medaka is legitimately fair. Really weirdly too because both have viable methods of taking the other out and it's really coming down to the little details that explicate the differences between how their hax work (as both have hax in Tier 2 but it can't quite be determined whether there is a deciding factor from a possible advantage there or not; 2786 legitimately could have High 2-A hax, I think it's a somewhat a highball but the descriptions of the 'dimension' the Orbs open access to are very 5D and even viewing said 'dimension' through the Orbs is implied to be an existential threat to the universe so take from that what you will). An actual simulated battle would almost certainly end instantly because once one has control, it will be impossible for them to lose; nevertheless, it can't possibly be a stomp.

Back