• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Fan translation on top, Viz under

Toguro's aura absorbs a bunch of souls and the cast can withstand it.
v3IPM1M.jpg
RBvJtIW.jpg

0107-003.png
0107-004.png

And the full force of his aura would've drove Kuwabara insane.
DLoJYWj.jpeg
0106-009.png

Younger Toguro should get fear manipulation.

Yusuke, Hiei, and Kurama get resistance to fear and soul manipulation.

Last edited:
I thought Toguro already had Soul Manipulation, but I'm iffy about Fear Manipulation. Also, iirc, Yusuke was the only one who actually resisted it, everyone else was shielded by him, and before that Koenma and Genkai possessing Pu were shielding several others as well.

Last edited:
I thought Toguro already had Soul Manipulation, but I'm iffy about Feat Manipulation. Also, iirc, Yusuke was the only one who actually resisted it, everyone else was shielded by him, and before that Koenma and Genkai possessing Pu were shielding several others as well.
Younger Toguro already has soul manip, I didn't include it in the OP. The others just don't resist it yet.
Fear Manip is up to interpretation, but I say it should go because Kuwabara, who couldn't even sense his energy at that time, was scared.

Koenma and Genkai only protected them from his aura that dissolved people, not the other inducements, and Kurama even said that he'd be able to resist but his wounds prohibited him from it.

That doesn't seem like fear manipulation, only that Toguro's mere presence is terrifying.

Pardon me for the lack of knowledge displayed here since it has been long time since I last watched YYH
Toguro's aura absorbs a bunch of souls and the cast can withstand it.
Didn't Toguro soul absorption only absorbed the souls of weaker demon which is actually a weakness for Toguro soul absorption ability rather than cast having resistance to soul manipulation due to it?
Younger Toguro should get fear manipulation.

Yusuke, Hiei, and Kurama get resistance to fear and soul manipulation.
That doesn't look like fear manipulation but as a consequences of Toguro demon energy being so massive that it would drive Kuwabara insane due to him being scared of how strong he is

So I dont really agree with Toguro getting fear manipulation nor any cast getting resistance to one.Because no demon nor anyone else was afraid of Toguro's aura to extent that they would be driven insane

Also by the way is this fan translation or Viz translation?

I'll answer @My_area's first cause he has a lot more, and I just found the Viz ones.
Pardon me for the lack of knowledge displayed here since it has been long time since I last watched YYH
I haven't read/watched it in a while either, we're in the same boat.
Didn't Toguro soul absorption only absorbed the souls of weaker demon which is actually a weakness for Toguro soul absorption ability rather than cast having resistance to soul manipulation due to it?
It was even absorbing Rinku's (a contester) who is not weak in the slightest, which he could seemingly negate by boosting his energy.
That doesn't look like fear manipulation but as a consequences of Toguro demon energy being so massive that it would drive Kuwabara insane due to him being scared of how strong he is

So I dont really agree with Toguro getting fear manipulation nor any cast getting resistance to one.Because no demon nor anyone else was afraid of Toguro's aura to extent that they would be driven insane
The demons were shivering, and we know his Aura actually did something since it vaporized people, plus Kuwabara directly says (using viz now) that his aura's directly causing his insanity.
Also by the way is this fan translation or Viz translation?
Fan translations, I'll send Viz below and edit the OP.
That doesn't seem like fear manipulation, only that Toguro's mere presence is terrifying.
He directly says it's his aura, and he saw Toguro the entire fight and he watched him power up without batting an eye, but only when he released his aura did he feel fear.

I haven't read/watched it in a while either, we're in the same boat.
Glad to hear haha
It was even absorbing Rinku's (a contester) who is not weak in the slightest, which he could seemingly negate by boosting his
Okay,I checked the chapter just to revise and Toguro 100% as in your own Viz translated scan mentions that he will start absorbing starting from the weakest chi meaning Rinku turn would come anyways,he also said that in the Viz translated scans posted in op that he is consuming the souls of the demons he killed by using his aura meaning he could just only absorb souls of those demons after his aura basically vaporized them otherwise he would be absorbing souls of the other living demons at that moment when he was absorbing the souls of those who died from his aura.Rinku focusing his ki would just delay his process of getting absorbed at most as Toguro aura would kill him later on
The demons were shivering, and we know his Aura actually did something since it vaporized people, plus Kuwabara directly says (using viz now) that his aura's directly causing his insanity.
They were scared and shocked after seeing Toguro goes 100% form,it doesn't seem to give me indication that his aura induced fear on them like that of fear manipulation hax.Yeah his aura vaporizes demons it comes in contact of.Actually Viz translation supports my point even more,its more clear with the dialogue of Kuwabara saying that his 6th sense isn't working otherwise sensing his energy would fry his brain due to how powerful it is.
Fan translations, I'll send Viz below and edit the
That works.I also checked and got to know that what you send before is Fan translation and read the Viz translated chapter.

Rinku focusing his ki would just delay his process of getting absorbed at most as Toguro aura would kill him later on
I don't mean any disrespect via deleting everything else, but this is the main point.
The fact that it would delay his process (I don't see why Toguro would say "ehh, he's getting stronger, I'll hold him off") means that he still resists it, but Toguro can amp his potency.
They were scared and shocked after seeing Toguro goes 100% form, it doesn't seem to give me indication that his aura induced fear on them like that of fear manipulation hax. Yeah his aura vaporizes demons it comes in contact of.Actually Viz translation supports my point even more,its more clear with the dialogue of Kuwabara saying that his 6th sense isn't working otherwise sensing his energy would fry his brain due to how powerful it is.
The only time that they are scared and shocked from him is when his aura is released, which is why before and after, they weren't shocked because he wasn't releasing his aura. Even when Toguro ran up on Kuwabara he didn't give a damn, but his aura is good enough to make him almost lose his mind?

I understand you and DDM's point, and it makes it seem like Social Influencing almost, but if people are scared once when he's using his aura and not scared when he's not using it, it means that the aura is the external factor. And Kuwabara, who at that time said that his aura sensing didn't even work, it scared him shitless.
That works.I also checked and got to know that what you send before is Fan translation and read the Viz translated chapter.
Gotcha

Can I add spiritual awareness into the OP and resistance to sound and mind manipulation?
They can clearly perceive the souls that Shishiwakamaru can send out, and they should be considered "strong willed", or superior to the lesser demons, which allows them to resist Shishiwakamaru's ghosts.
0085-008.png
0085-004.png
0085-005.png

I will say that "weak demons" is just a relative comparison Toguro makes w.r.t himself...the guy finds everyone weak...
Even weakest demons are stronger than humans...and we take humans as a baseline for soul units.

So soul hax and resistance to it via cast is legit.
Agree with fear hax too.....

don't mean any disrespect via deleting everything else, but this is the main point.
The fact that it would delay his process (I don't see why Toguro would say "ehh, he's getting stronger, I'll hold him off") means that he still resists it, but Toguro can amp his potency.
No issue,I understand you just want to focus on the main point and not at all of the others so its okay.
Well,him focusing his energy would just mean his energy got stronger and hence his turn will come later.As Toguro says in the scan you posted,Toguro aura would start by killing weaker demons and absorbing their souls and then the stronger one.True,he can amp his demon energy.
The only time that they are scared and shocked from him is when his aura is released, which is why before and after, they weren't shocked because he wasn't releasing his aura. Even when Toguro ran up on Kuwabara he didn't give a damn, but his aura is good enough to make him almost lose his mind?

I understand you and DDM's point, and it makes it seem like Social Influencing almost, but if people are scared once when he's using his aura and not scared when he's not using it, it means that the aura is the external factor. And Kuwabara, who at that time said that his aura sensing didn't even work, it scared him shitless.
Actually I checked again just to confirm and the scan you posted about demons giving scared look is just one panel before 100% Toguro is completed so they aren't really only scared of his aura but power of aura basically Toguro's power and transformation in general granted aura from Toguro's transfomation to 100% did vaporize quarter of the demons so they can fear that too,however they are still shocked when they see Toguro's 100% transformation
07_328376_1365_2048.webp

08_484178_1365_2048.webp

As for Kuwabara,he was so shocked when Toguro just transformed into 100% is because his power level went beyond what Kuwabara would have imagined for 100% Toguro strength to be like which is why force as in AP is enough to fry his brain.Now he isn't scared here is because Kuwabara and Toguro understood each other and Kuwabara decided to run on him trying to pretend he died,also he wouldn't be so scared anymore as he has seen Toguro 100% power and not his first time he has seen such a power.

I understand your point too.They were scared of Toguro 100% due to his AP and how powerful he became and them fearing his aura is basically them fearing his AP since we know that AP comes from demon energy of Toguro's.He couldn't measure full force of 100% Toguro's but the transformation alone to a state and energy which he could measure was enough to scare him.

Can I add spiritual awareness into the OP and resistance to sound and mind manipulation?
They can clearly perceive the souls that Shishiwakamaru can send out, and they should be considered "strong willed", or superior to the lesser demons, which allows them to resist Shishiwakamaru's ghosts.
0085-008.png
0085-004.png
0085-005.png
As for this point,I dont remember how Shishiwakamaru's ghost properties were,so I am nuetral.Though yeah I agree with resistance to sound manipulation since its clear in the scan you provided.

Also if possible can you tell me how to send photos which are small,my scans are being pretty large which obstructs the comment flow 😅

The Soul Manipulation should generally work on characters who do not resist soul manipulation yes.

Back