• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Changes) II

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Exodia literally 1-shot Blue Eyes like nothing? It was the very first battle of the entire series, actually.

Unless it's filler or something.

That was an actual card game, Kep. Kaiba's holograms in Death-T were specifically made to be so lifelike it could kill you from shock if you had a weak heart.

Blue 1
The first one, will probably find others as soon as I search more but it shows that I'm onto something. For those who don't know Kisara is Blue-Eyes.

"The manga came first, anything the anime did that wasn't a part of the original is essentially a big throw into the trash can"

I really don't agree with this logic. Just strikes me as obssessive towards the original canon. Plenty of franchises don't do that. Either going composite or Keys.

Yes Matt, we're very aware. We're discussing the manga Zorc.

No Matt, we already discussed this argument about 20 - 30 minutes ago. I'm sorry being obsessive to the original canon contradicts with your heart, but again, #4/5 on the Canonicity Guidelines. Plenty of verses don't do it, well I guess they're just violating the alternate canon rules until further notice, and we can't do anything to help that. Make the canonicity CR first before you try pushing anything further. It'll save a lot of trouble and a lot of caps lock.

But can you at least provide an argument as to why you agree with the rules? I don't even see why giving Anime Keys violates the current rules. The feats are so different I'm quite fine with it.

Two reasons.

1. Never said I agreed with them, I follow them. Following the rules is very simple Matt, I don't know why you ever attempted violating them just for the sake of disagreeing with them. If you're gonna disagree with it, get it changed. And that takes time. Take that time, and then accomplish whatever you wanted out of it granted you get it accepted in the first place.

That's Staff Management Theory 101. Actually I made that term up, but seriously it's not hard to follow.

2. Says it on the fine print, I'll quote it one final time. Third time's the charm.

"If the alternate non-canonical version of a character is notable enough in the sense of being different, containing their own feats, a different role and purpose, and a new design, then it is possible that profiles for them can be created."

That bolded word there, and. If you can't write rules correctly, you're gonna have this exact problem. If we follow this, it needs all three (four?) requirements, not one, not two. Do they have their own feats? Sure, that checks out. Notable enough to be different? Eh, that's debatable, but let's say yes. A different role and purpose? You and I both know that's a nope. Design is also a bit odd for a choice when it can just be varying clothes, but we could assume yes. Still, one missing out of the requirements.

Is that easy enough to follow?

That isn't what a typo is at all. Also calm down, I'm just explaining. No need to point characteristics at me.

Guys calm down...this is literally just talking about they keys to files about a children's card game.

You have absolutely no reason to treat those who disagree with you as dumb people or irresponsible rule breakers. Nor no need to be so strict about things that are a set of guides to help people, and not a bible.

Ari isn't treating you as a dumb person. He is pointing out you are contradicting your position as a staff member.

What's allowed and not allowed on the wiki is a very big rule here, calling it a guide is downplaying its importance.

@Dragon

I'm pretty calm, just standing my ground

@Matt

I'm not trying to demean you, calm down man. Rules are pretty much a bible's commandments, aren't they? You follow them accordingly and you don't get banished to Satan's fun land with free tickets. I wouldn't call them guidelines if we have to follow them and go by their way to accomplish things.

"Rules are pretty much a bible's commandments, aren't they? You follow them accordingly and you don't get banished to Satan's fun land with free tickets."

No.

SomebodyData said:
Ari isn't treating you as a dumb person. He is pointing out you are contradicting your position as a staff member.

What's allowed and not allowed on the wiki is a very big rule here, calling it a guide is downplaying its importance.
Not my point. That page is a guide. It was intended as such. If it was an absolute rule it would be in the rules pages.

I'm assuming you misread what Ari just wrote, but the implications of your response are quite... not good.

Well it looks like we have contradicting beliefs on leniency. Nothing can be done about it, though.

If you switched it from and to or then we don't have a problem, I'm just preferring split pages of characters than a weird key considering these fellas already have keys on their profiles already.

SomebodyData said:
I'm assuming you misread what Ari just wrote, but the implications of your response are quite... not good.
What I mean is that comparing rule violating with literal Bible Commandaments, which in the context of the Bible are "Rules set down by God Himself which you have to follow or else you're thrown into Hell for eternity" is... Absurd.

It's a gross exaggeration. And it's best to not be so self-important to attribute religious significance to the site's rules. Even through metaphor.

My guy you're taking the shortcut of it and exaggerating what you call an exaggeartion, in fact arguing about it could be an exaggeration in itself. This isn't a time to argue about what we believe these things are, but if you want a complicated explanation of what I meant, I'd be more than happy to give you one if you don't know the ease of forgiveness that is in biblical stuff.

Are we done yelling at each other now?

The piston only continues with him, not me. Like I'll leave myself defenseless. I'll try hurrying up with Bakura before I get distracted with more posts in this thread.

EDIT: Before I forget, Blue-Eyes (or kisara's ka it flipflops) is referred to as a God instead of a ka. That probably solidifies its rating, but if you guys need the scans for it I'll deliver.

Marco you of all people should not be saying that

And he's not being condensing.

Anyways, assuming the new rules are applied, should we seperate profiles on the verse like so:

"===Canon==="

"===Anime Canon==="

"===Card Lore==="

"===Miscellaneous Canon===" (Manga of 5Ds, GX, duel terminal etc)

Not trying to be.

No but seriously do you need the Kisara scans of them calling Blue-Eyes god?

Do we even have Misc. Canon pages? Also, it'd probably be different because for pages like Yugi and Marik, who already have keys, they'd need a split page. But Blue-Eyes or Exodia can easily be split into keys.

Yeah, one or two tab only pages can easily have their other canon side.

As for the misc canon, it would be more of an eventually, considering how different and nice it would be to have them. (Ie, I'll probably add some)

Nah I mean stuff that doesn't fall under the other three canons, like Duel Terminal for example

Back