• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Changes) II

I am yet to see a single logical reason as to why we shouldn't make Keys for the anime. Just "The rules say so" isn't good enough, I feel.

"Just "The rules say so" isn't good enough, I feel."

Just "The rules say so"

"The rules say so"

Look, Matt, if you really want profiles, can you make a thread to revise the canonicity rules then? Your first thread literally led us back here.

It's exactly sound and good enough. If you violate the rules you're meant to uphold, you're spitting your own position in the face.

How about we actually get more people here. These canonicity issues have been poppong up a lot recently.

Well, its not my fault you havent taken your pride out of this conversation and admit im right.

sorry kid, but its obvious.

Let me address the elephant in the room... DsoD being 3-A . I'm not saying I agree with it or not, but I'd like to at least address it fully to help Marco a bit :

- The dimensional ascension stuff was ignored, so I won't use it, albeit a few people did agree with it... The only one who didn't was Data. The reason why he disagreed was because higher dimensions were never used before in Yugioh... So yeah [ If you don't counter Manga ZEXAL, that implies Astral World IS a Higher world above their own ... A manga example of Higher dimensions being used ... Not anime. If ZEXAL manga & Original Yugioh are somehow connected... I'll be sure to let you guys know . )

- The Movie takes place in one of the universes. We see that at the beginning of the movie . The orbs are each different universes , because when they zoom into one of them, it's the one Yugi and them were on . If we assume world equals totality ( Wouldn't be false considering the Plana and the followers moves to many worlds/universes ), it's possible to assume it means all those universes were affected . The part of them transversing universes comes from the manga TRANSCEND GAME that takes place canonically before DsoD.

- Planet could be used only if the person stating that weren't aware of other Universes. Unfortunately due to the above, that isn't the case.

- The statement coming from one of the followers of Shadi makes this more plain as well, cause he showed them the many worlds in the first place. Her stating it is the equivalent of Shadi saying it.

Keep in mind this is based off my offhand knowledge of the franchise. I shall personal reread TRANSCENDING GAME , rewatch DsoD , and have the scans for ZEXAL having higher dimensions in the manga in my next post. I have yet to post my opinion, only what I remember. That is it. You will get my opinion on the matter in my next post..

@marco did anyone else agree with you? Last time I checked, the entire thread was against it.

@Dragon no.

That would only be derailing this thread, for a wiki-wide discussion.

Marco Shark said:
Well, its not my fault you havent taken your pride out of this conversation and admit im right.

sorry bud, but its obvious.
That's insulting, man. Your argument isn't even brought back up in this thread.

The highlight is nice, but it's not like anyone who isn't already in this thread is interested at all.

Well yeah, the rules say so.

Rules should be upheld.

And you, Arigamy, have some problems with the rules already-

Like, harrasement and biased judgement.

Okay, Marco drop it now. This is your warning. This thread isn't even for DSoD.

@2nd also drop it.

Requested to not be highlighted by op, highlight was meant for a derailing purpose @Assalt.

My highlight was not meant for a derail purpose. The entire opposition right now is deciding whether this is govern by rules or not. It was not meant to derail, but to get other opinions on how to tackle this.

We but of course we need to respect the rules.

If we dont have rules, or they can be ignored when we like them to, then there is nothing stopping any of us from putting our fav characters at tier 1 if we so wanted to.

The rules are here for a reason.

Alright okay stop. Here's the list of to-do so we don't get off-track.

The thing on the chopping block was if the Manga God card calc was going to be accepted, followed by me completing Bakura's test page, figuring out what to do with Exodia and Blue-Eyes (the former having less credibility than the latter), and then confirming changes for Marik and Yugi since they're easy.

@Matt

k have fun with that

Boy I just posted it, I'll paste it again but bold it.

The thing on the chopping block was if the Manga God card calc was going to be accepted, followed by me completing Bakura's test page, figuring out what to do with Exodia and Blue-Eyes (the former having less credibility than the latter), and then confirming changes for Marik and Yugi since they're easy.

Is this up to speed?

Literally just the manga, @2nd, doesn't look like it tho huh, lol.

@Ari Im post it to be checked upon again.

Alright. In the mean time, here's the problem with Exodia and Blue-Eyes:

Exodia: Exodia didn't stand a chance against Zorc, nor was there a scene where Zorc was visibly injured by Exodia's attack against him. In the original, he no-selled the attack and then split Exodia in half rather than Zorc taking some damage and then killing Exodia as in the anime.

Blue-Eyes: Blue-Eyes White Dragon is nothing but a simple downgrade. In the manga, it was described by Seto and [forgot his name] to have a ka that could rival if not surpass the Gods, or in simple terms being God Card tier. I don't have the scans for it at the moment, but I'll post the imgur link once I grab them.

That's okay. I'm just happy that didn't escalate to ridiculous levels. Anyways... How would Atem scale to Zorc ? We know he fought him twice in the manga.. But does he scale directly via having to power to summon them... or only via summoning ?

@Aria

Wasn't this because Exodia was summoned by a weak person or something ? Or is that explicitly the anime ?

I know he was around as powerful as the Gods... But what tier would that downgrade the original manga Gods too ?

Zorc > Gods, another statement from Zorc himself.

Atem never directly fought Zorc nor did he use the Gods, only Horakhty.

EDIT:

No, it was just Exodia. I don't recall the anime using that excuse tho.

Data's calc got Tier 7 I think?

Exodia will have to be "Unknow" for now, or maybe "Possibly 7-C"?

Blue-Eyes could have a "Likely High 7-C" or straight up High 7-C.

(Assuming the calc is correct)

Why Possibly 7-C? There are statements about him wiping out an army of 1,000 in a single blow, but that doesn't sound quite 7-C.

Back