• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@MarcoShark I don't see any evidence provided from you to be perfectly honest and by attitude, I'm pretty sure he meant the "I'm definitely right" type deal when no one else is agreeing with you.

By me? No.

im talking about the novel.

Ari is just confusing topics, i was talking about Yugi´s durability, he brought up canonicity randomly before flat out insulting my argument, and having more "votes" doesnt mean you are right.

I dont really want to add fuel to the fire, but if the novel was aproved by the original author, then it does make sense its canon, right?

Marco Shark said:
Ari is just confusing topics, i was talking about Yugi´s durability, he brought up canonicity randomly before flat out insulting my argument, and having more "votes" doesnt mean you are right.
I didn't bring up the novel's canonicity, I was talking about the Ra blast being thrown out the window before it gets brought up by using the manga scan since its easier (and at least I knew for a fact it happened in both versions) and you not getting the scans for card effects being real effects, which you still haven't done. I never said a damn thing about a vote, votes, or anyone being on my side of any argument.

You're not making it look like I'm confused about topics, you're swapping topics and points on a whim to different discussions entirely.
It's getting pretty annoying man.

Do you think i care if you are annoyed? You insulted my argument and put words in my mouth, no amount of Bold letters will make your argument "better" than mine.

I was saying that MAYBE because Yugi was being possed by Yami, his durability would be increased because we dont know if he would have really died on the "death games" before battle city.

But no, you come right in and be like "Oh! Look at how many people agree with me and how no one agrees with you!", and that is uncalled for, dude.

Read this well, i dont give a dime about you nor if you are annoyed, but i will be indeed be mad if you put words in my mouth and change subjects on a whim.

Saying chill out isn't going to help, it sure as hell isn't gonna magically solve the problem either. The problem is simple: Have you not noticed that both our claims against each other are the same exact shit?

1. "words in mouth" from both of us

2. "i didnt say that you said that" from both of us

3. "wah you're being snarky" from me and "wah you're being rude" from him

If things are gonna work out, we have to start over from the beginning. The very statement I've been trying to push out since the start: What scans prove that card game effects were made real and usable in Pyramid of Light? I don't see it in this thread, and I've searched about two times now, found nothing. I'm either very blind or it hasn't been posted to prove it. I'm sticking with this question, because you keep claiming it's going to be added to the profiles despite, again, the only one who agreed with your own statement out of all of us is yourself. That doesn't mean your argument is invalid because more people disagree with it, it's disagreed with because the scans haven't been supplied. If I don't see it and I say I don't see it, you're gonna have to point to its supposed mention or actually get them.

As for Yugi's durability, being possessed doesn't change his physical durability, but stamina is a different story since Shadow Games affect Yugi in a duel against Pegasus but leaves Yami unaffected (due to their vast difference in experience in playing them), assuming it follows the manga lines hand to hand.

Yugi boy

What are you talking abouut? the movie's finale has Anubis use two magic cards (Inferno Tempest and Flakout, i believe) against Yugi and Kaiba, which made them lose all cards in their hands.

And my fool-proof evidence:

https://youtu.be/ylC-MJjpPiM Movie footage where Yugi uses Shining Dragon's effect to kill Anubis. And he flat out says effects can be used irl.

Hey everyone. Im back.

Lets see here...

Seems like everyone is in very bad blood these days.

But Pyramid of Light does show quite a bit of irl Effects/Magic Card feats, i wish i could find a decent HD rip from the movie, but copyright is annoying.

Ill just watch and see what you guys deem apropiate for the anime verse.

Marco Shark said:
Movie footage where Yugi uses Shining Dragon's effect to kill Anubis. And he flat out says effects can be used irl.
"If the monsters are real, then so are their effects!"

OK but could you explain how they even became to be real in the first place? I have a weird feeling this has relation to Anubis or the Pyramid of Light itself.

Tsk tsk tsk.

I got you now.

First off, there is no indication of Anubis giving anyone the powers to use monsters irl, and even if he did it to Yugi or Kaiba because they were dueling, there is no reason why Jounochi and Pegasus are able to summon monsters in real life as well, specially since none of them were even dueling Anubis and acted naturally while doing it.

If they were getting these powers for the first time, Pegasus wouldnt have known to summon his monsters to protect himself and the rest of the gang as the colloseum was falling down on them, it wouldnt make sense if they were getting powers like this in that moment.

why do you space like that, it's weird.

Said it felt like it, not that it was. I never watched the movie, or I did a long time ago and just forgot. They're still ka on paper, the spirits are still within the cards, but it's definitely not as powerful as ancient Egyptian days. The fact that the spirits still remain is factual for both versions.

Zorc mad
I can understand why you believe them "already knowing" about summoning gimmicks and how its like instinct, but I still have reason to doubt. What does the novel have to say about all of this? We argued before about which of the two we're doing, and IIRC the canonicity of the movie itself was debated. Don't remember if there was a conclusion, SD decided to vanish from the face of the earth these past few days I guess.

Blue Eyes Shining Dragon could use his tcg effect without problem, and the magic/trap cards do as well.

So, please dont try to just downplay all of the monsters in some random amount, because YOU say they are somehow "weaker" than the egyptian tablets.

And, i have not read the novel, obviously. But the movie is pretty clear cut about its tcg feats, and, if you have not seen the movie, i really do feel that you shoudnt be taking about something you dont even know.

Here, i found you a link for you to watch it, then come back. Alright?

https://***************/yu-gi-oh-pyramid-of-light-dub/

@Macro I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm pretty sure that the novel is the one more likely to be canon to the anime, not the 4kids movie.

Well then, does anyone have a transcript of the novel around?

And well, since both are based on the movie, we can assume (for now) that card effects are indeed used by Anubis and by the protagonists to kill anubis.

If the novel changes the very last parts of the film, then we'd have to discuss what happens.

Found it.

https://archive.org/stream/manga_Yu...Oh! Duel Monsters - Pyramid of Light_djvu.txt

Yugi using Shining Dragon's effect to kill Anubis: "You're the one who should say their prayers, King of Destruction! Come forth! Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon!"

A dazzling light arose from the card in Yugi's hand. The light soars into the Dome's air above Yugi and Dark Yugi's head. The mass of light little by little takes form of The Blue-Eyed Dragon of Light—The Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon. "Farewell, King of Destruction! Now our circle of friendship will stretch into one and your evil designs will be crushed!"

"Shining Nova!!" Kaiba and Yugi shouted at the same time.

The Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon was wrapped in a supernova-like radiance. The radiance of the Shining Nova reduced the monster-transformed Anubis to cinders. The Anubis monster faded awa and the red eye left in the airspace exploded with a thunderous roar. The Shining Nova also burnt the Shining Dragon to nothing and the light faded away.

Looks like this has reached a conclusion. Now, any last reasonable doubts left for not having irl duel monsters with Anime Yugi?

Just read it since no one responded for 40 minutes, but it mattered because it would still be under a shadow game, not that it matters now, given that this was after the duel was over.

However several things must be noted:

According to Yugi, Pegasus, and Kaiba, it was impossible that it could have happened.

Yugi states that it was born out of their friendship (Probably flowery language, but if taken literally its not good)

It destroyed the card in the process.

Ye, which means it isn't normally. (It would also restrict that ability to Anubis but also affect everyone else [That has Yugioh cards at least])

I'm not saying it didn't get real btw

Anubis is not the only one who have used it as real tho (check out the argument for the 2-C scaling)

To be more specific, I was referring to out of the Yugioh Duel Monsters (With abilities that are accurate), Idk about GX and etc.

@Crzer I will check it out soon

The Shadow Game was already over by then.

Geez, even with the novel contradicting you, you still push foward just to avoid Yugioh from having irl Duel Monsters hax. Im impressed.

Sorry pal, but the novel shows Yugi summoning a monster irl to kill a monster irl after the Dark Game ended.

Should we hold a vote count? Because i really am getting annoyed by how long this is taking to be accepted.

Also, there is no indication that the card got destroyed afterwards, just that Kaiba doesnt use it anymore.

Hell, it is also good to note that they summoned it without sacrificing a Tree headed Blue Eyes Dragon, so it would also allow them to disregard the TCG Rules to some extend, which is VERY good for vs battles.

Marco Shark said:
So, please dont try to just downplay all of the monsters in some random amount, because YOU say they are somehow "weaker" than the egyptian tablets.
Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon isn't even in Millennium World, we wouldn't even have known what it would've truly been if that statement was remotely true. I just got home, so I'll start on that movie.

Well if Pyramid of Light as supposedly after 4 but before 5, it's not like it matters much in DM when the next arc is barely any card games that isn't Bakura or the last battle. Movie just started for me, so I don't have an opinion. I will agree with what SD and Seed say though, the way he words it assumes it wasn't that way before.

Or you could just read the novel.

And, its after Season 3.

Since the Dark Game had just ended, it implies they are still able to use monsters in real life, and Season 4 has Knight of Destiny be above High 3-A, alonside infinite Obelisk.

And thatts for Attack points alone.

Since magic cards and trap cards should also be counted for this feat, Yugi should have access to their in game hax, and the opponent should be considered a monster, since he used Shining Dragon to destroy Anubis, even if he is teachnically also a duelist.

Some things like "Destroy the Moon!" would make Stone Soldier Multi Continent Level.

@Marco you do realize everything I just said came from the novel right? I can quote it all right now if you want.

Oh, you mean the translation I posted for you? Unless you know Japanese and found a random online version of it around.

Anyways, this shows, beyond any reasonable doubt, that Anubis, Yugi and Kaiba used real life Duel Monsters Mechanics, so i dont see any reason not to finally put an end to this charade and agree that the anime verse can indeed use those mechanics in real life.

While Yugi said that it was a "new" thing, it doesnt change a single thing.

The dark game was over, Anubis had no reason to give any of them powers, there are no indications that the power has gone away.

If anything, Yugi saying it was a new thing only implies he didnt know it was possible before, which does not change a thing in terms of finally giving them the hax uprade they deserve.

Anything to say? Anything that could possibly contradict the Movie, the Novel and the wordin of said novel?

Come on, lets hear it or just admit that YGO has irl DM mechanics and lets discuss other things about the anime verse.

""Brother!" Mokuba ran over to Kaiba. Kaiba had turned his head and tried to move his lips, but a hand jutted from the bottom of the ground and seized the ruby laid out on the ground. What had grabbed the ruby and menacingly rose from the depths of the earth was Anubis, who had turned into an enormous monster.

In the form of the God his name implies, Anubis stared down at everyone with the face of a jackal. The faces of everyone, who were standing still in amazement, were reflected in his beast-specific black eyes.

"And Game of Darkness was supposed to be over already!" Yugi exclaimed.

"That's impossible! This is the real world!" Kaiba too exclaimed.

The voice of Anubis, having turned into a monster, rang throughout the Dome.

'I will never give up...Not until I take the two Pharaohs, Light and Dark, with me to a world of darkness!'Anubis opened his shut eyelids sharply, and his beastly eyes, which were black, were shining crimson. His resentful crimson vigor was flowing in swirls. The beating of his giant jackal heart rang through the Dome.

Crkle crkle crkle crkk! While the ground on the field cracked, Anubis revealed his gigantic body, which falls short of reaching the ceiling.

"Unbelievable!" Pegasus exclaimed."

"The Shining Nova also burnt the Shining Dragon to nothing and the light faded away. "

Bruh, did you not read the very novel you linked?

Dont "bruh" me, punk.

The way he says it implies the game already ended, and you have no evidence that it didnt end, do you?

And even if, even if it hasnt, it still shows that he can use those powers in Dark Games, and Millenium Item users can easly trap their opponents in them. Hell, all it would be required would be a High 3-A "In a Dark Game."

And the novel came out after the american movie, where the game indeed ended, so it doesnt matter what you think. The movie and the novel are both canon to the anime, since you dont have any proof that it isnt.

Not that it matters, hell, all of your efforts in downplayin Yugioh are in vain thanks to both Season 4 and BBT. (Paradox modifying the entire universe with Malificent World and Jaden using powers in the real world, and Leviathan.)

You lost, Data. Just admit to it and lets move to another topic, since you have beun to actually annoy me. You make me repeat the same argument and post the same proof over and over again yet you just disreard it.

Yugioh has shown Duel Monsters irl feats.

No amount of abuse of admin power can chane facts you dont like, accept that your argument is faulty and move on.

"And Game of Darkness was supposed to be over already!" Yugi exclaimed.

"The movie and the novel are both canon to the anime, since you dont have any proof that it isnt."

That's how canoncity works, you have to prove it is canon to it first. Heck, this entire debate has been under that very assumption. You can't also have two different interpretations under the same canon to cherrypick.

I think I can safely say, that given your behavior in the previous yugioh thread, Antvasima's warning, your behavior to Ari, and now calling me a downplayer, you should just be banned at this pointed.

Well, thats over.

Anyways, what are the conclusions here?

Is duel monsters combat aplicable? Does it have to be a "Dark Game" for it to count as hax or Ap? What about season 4 and BBT?

i have no idea, all of these arguments were based off of his claims.

now that he's gone im pretty much lost of what we were even doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back