• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you taking sides, tho? Data also said stuff like 'Bruh'.

But lets leave that in the past.

And, the movie does show Anubis using Magic Cards
Imagen13

And Shining Dragon used its anime effect to kill Anubis.

So, he wasnt wrong there. I think that the problem is the canon.

Ironically enough I agreed with him for the most part, his behavior is just pretty terrible.

Like he said, in a Game of Darkness, the monsters become real, however, this isn't really new. I've already agreed to that. The issue is that he believed that the abilities of the card themselves are real, citing PoL as the example. However, the novel lacks that (he accepted that as canon too, until he started to believe that both the anime and novel were canon? Despite being by 4Kids for the movie and being different interpretations.) and outside of that, the only time the cards actually had their game mechanics effects was with sparks in 5Ds... though sparks is literally just fire so its not like it would have done anything else.

who said i was taking sides i was just explaining what was going on at my end lol

Yeah, the canonicity is the issue. I think that 4Kids being behind most of the movie (at least I think it was) is a pretty big false flag. I wouldn't immediately shoot it down, but it's something to note at least. The novel may still be usable tho.

Yeah, we're aware of that, but Marco's argument was (I think) the effect being permanent after that point in time.

I tought he meant that it didnt matter if it needed to be a Dark Game because in his words "In a "Dark Game"" would just make it all valid.

Or, do you mean that the effects of the card are permanent? Because, i dont think they are, in the card game, you activate the card, it does its thing, then dissapears.

No, I mean that the effect of having the power of the card's actual effects being kept across the series or something. I honestly didn't get much of Marco's arguments at all; would rather start back at square one.

I am not taking his side since he was confusing me halfway thru the thing, but, why would they lose the effects?

I mean, we have a Mario page that has him have all of his powerups at once even if he doesnt have access to them in certain games.

And, if the novel is accurate, the only thing needed is that its a Shadow Game, which Yugi can also create with his Millenium Puzzle.

There is no side, a side doesn't exist, you don't understand the words I'm spitting out here. I'm on Earth, you're on Saturn. Let me give you an example so you can realize what I'm talking about:

superman shoot universal big beam

activate magic cylinder

superman hit with universal big beam

That's what Marco was talking about, not about Shadow Games, not about the Puzzle, just literally Marco's arguments. I'm not saying I agree with them, but that was the topic of the argument.

EDIT: Canon Yugi made the monsters realistic by using Shadow Games, but since that wasn't in Duel Monsters anime, that wasn't really common knowledge. But take it what you will

Ah, i understand now.

I mean...maybe? Shining Dragon used its card effect to kill anubis. Anubis used to magic cards.

Why wouldnt magic cylinders work?

But, i might be wrong.

Sadly there are only real in a shadow game

Shining Dragon's Shining Nova is actually different than the card effect, if anyone noticed.

And so were the spell cards ironically enough.

Well, some effects are different in the anime. For example, Beserker Soul allows you to make adittional attacks instead of just dealing 500 damage to your opponent.

Since this is Anime yugi, Anime effects should be used, yes?

That's not what I meant, the effects in the anime =/= the effects of the cards when manifested.

So what's the conclusion on this part? Because I still got a bone to pick with Yugi "9-C from a 5-A" Muto and his friends after the card bit.

That solely depends on exactly how far you take the " Because it's a shadow game, all their effects are now buffs and/or/and or hax " . Because even their Battle City versions scale to such high-ends if you use that.

Just need to point out that Shining Dragon Card effect in movie =/= Shining Dragon effect once it became real.

Not to mention it would still have to be in the middle of a shadow game.

That's offtopic my guy, but if you want an answer: The Arc-V dub isn't even finished. Poor scheduling on Nickelodeon's part had led it to shit, and then Teletoon in Canada (which was way after they started airing the dub but had kept going consistent unlike Nick's eon-long breaks) has about 20 or so episodes left? Nicktoons has about 50 or so now. This is just going by their scheduling plans listed.

so i don't know, maybe at the end of this year if they're lucky.

I was mostly referring to the lack of tributing. @Rapid

@Mega inconsistent and not really supported outside of Shining Nova, which in itself is debatable. Actually how did it go down in the novel?

Well, at most, it means that Yugi can bend the rules a bit.

Which, for Vs Battles doesnt really matter.

Its not like the OP of the fight or anyone voting for Yugi is going to describe a full on game plan. Most are gonna say 'Yugi because of hax" or "Yugi because infinite obelisk"

@Rapid that or the game effect =/= the actual ability. I also have to point out not only did it ignore the tribute requirement, but it also destroyed the card after use, when it only should have killed Shining Dragon.

@Megaboy It is contradicted by every other time (except Sparks, but Sparks is Sparks) a card became real actually. Heck its contradicted by the spell cards he used a moment earlier in the movie.

I would also like to point out this would be if he gets his enemy to agree to participate in a Shadow Game (Not only unlikely that they would join, but also extremely OOC for Yugi, and to a lesser degree Marik [Outside of card games that is])

@Data If we set the condition : Bloodlusted Yugi , he would do that. Otherwise, In-Character he would never do it. He's mentioned as "Pure of Heart" at several moments, only highlighted when the Orichalcos couldn't take his mind over because of it.

Its possible blood lusted Yugi could work, but we would also have to set up that the shadow game is already taking place, and I'm not sure that would be accepted in any battle outside of fun and games.

Do you guys have any moments when the cards actually have their effects, all of them? Because there are a few off the top of my head, but none with their actual effects.

( Keep in mind this means Yugi's will is stronger than the Gods.. Considering they fell to Level I Orichalcos. Atem fought Level III Orichalcos and deflected it, Yugi resisted Level II Orichalcos )

That is true ... Hmm...

Not off the top of my head no ... None with their actual effects... They usually are slightly altered.

if yugi is hardly bloodlusted as a character or a peaceful dude, then that could just be remedied by specifying it as part of his weakness. Don't we already do this?

It is a weakness, a reallllllly bad weakness.

I'm currently looking for something that could help him, because this weakness nerfed him pretty hard.

Why would it not be cobsidered for regular battles?

Not to mention that Yugi has put people into shadoe games before. And Orochalcos Yugi is also a thing to justify dark games and soul hax.

@Rapid Extremely OoC and would need to enemy to duel him (any game works in the manga, not sure about the anime) to use it if I remember correctly.

In anime canon? Wait does Orochalcos Yugi's monsters / spells + traps become real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back