• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the source on the Orichalcos making card effects real again? IMHO, it needs to be fact checked using the original dialogue.

Given that in the anime, I remember characters reacting as if in pain to direct attacks in duels that AREN'T Shadow Games fairly often, the only instances of support I can think of off the top of my head for the Orichalcos making stuff real is:

1. Yugi inside the Seal during Atem vs Rafael telling Yugi not to sacrifice DMG because the seal makes the monsters real. I only know the dub dialogue, but he specifies monsters. The original Japanese dialogue should be checked here.

2. During the post duel-battle against Leviathan, Yugi uses Multiply on the Knight Form of Timaeus after summoning him, making a lot of copies. This isn't in a duel, but was probably enabled by the Orichalcos.

Also, arugably, yes we could just bloodlust him & say bloodlusted Yugi will use Shadow Games & such, but I would like to point out Yugi normally doesn't have access to the SotO.

If I remember correctly, the Duel Disk duel system is capable of creating real damage, one of the Kaiba Corp. scientist mentioned that the device was designed to inflict real damage on the duelists. (But clearly there is a security system to prevent much damage , I think this was also mentioned, but I'm not sure if it was just in the english version)

I had actually been considering mentioning a couple of those, regarding proof of Orichalcos's effects. My internet went about for about 45 minutes, though.

In any case, during the city's occupation by the Orichalcos, Obnoxious Celtic Guardian was able to defeat at least 1 Orichalcos Soldier.

Maybe of note is OCG also took hits from Orichalcos Giygas when Atem "dueled" the Orichalcos Soldier in the Valley of Souls. Admittedly, a very physical duel, since Giygas broke the ground repeatedly, & spirits had to shield Atem from its attack -I hate those spirits for denying us a chance at a durability feat- as well as I believe, empower his deck so he could fight back properly? Seal was also present there, thanks to Dartz.

Interestingly, if I'm reading the Wiki right, Rocket Hermos Cannon is effectively a rocket launcher, & caused knockback -Joey actually was sent flying to the barrier at the outer area of the Seal's ring- & visible battle damage to the victim both times it was used, & had enough heat to leave Joey smoking.

Pretty sure Big Bang Dragon Blow is the one causing the feat in your screenshot there, Rapid.

Of course, the slight problem is these MIGHT only apply to Joey with equipment that he needs Hermos to summon. And more than that, like how Yugi & Kaiba were summoning Timaeus & Critias to fight off Orichalcos Soldiers, the dragons had physicality & their own feats in the real world.

Ergo, the AP from such collission feats is not only from Joey, & Valon's armored clashes, but likely a lot of it may be coming from the Hermos Equipment Joey has on.

Thankfully, even if we do want to chalk up a lot of the AP of those feats to Hermos, there is at least 1 feat from that duel that doesn't involve equipment formed from that dragon.

When Joey uses Lord of the Red & collides with Valon's Buster Pile, it creates an explosion of considerable size.

https://youtu.be/v08kNNI94E8?t=17m34s (I swear, if I knew of other sources of proper speed & resolution on Youtube, which is well known to be safe & accessible, I'd use 'em. But it's not like everyone trusts the other sites....)

Anyway, unfortunately, if the monsters are real.... Well, Joey used Red Eyes Black Dragon -it hadn't been summoned that duel, though, IIRC- to turn himself into Lord of the Red (As well as Aura Armor.) so it might also be dependent on them. If REBD has any feats....

At the very least though, both Joey & Valon may have the durability for surviving the feats, & at least Rocket Hermos Cannon. Valon also has at least enough AP with Burning Knuckle to damage Joey immediately before Joey's Aura Armor was shown being on him.

Do they have any feats of damaging each other without their equipment on? Should we assume they can scale to one another's equipped statistics?

Well actually it is in character for yugi to be bloodlusted, just under the right circumstances.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - Berserker Soul
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - Berserker Soul

actually i'd just consider that normal behavior because it was weevil tbh Yami isn't really a pure hero, has acted more anti-heroic than heroic in most situations IMO.

@Imag

Without equipment? Ii don't think there would a reason for them to do something of that level without it. Red-Eyes being real isn't that new though, we've had the Zorc fights in the original canon. I'd also not rely on using the wiki and rather watch the show itself somehow IMO, it's better than relying on that because we've had confusions before when someone claimed one thing and it was really the other.

@Arigarmy: Just been going through the video of their duel now on Youtube, in fact. @RapidMotorcycle19, I hope you'll forgive me linking your screenshots in my calc request.

@Arigarmy: Posted the calc requests. I know you don't calc, but Joey does actually take at least 1 hit while unarmored: When Valon copies Rocket Hermos Cannon, it fires 2 missiles, 1 of which hits Joey's monster directly, & him with the explosion. The other hits Joey directly with both.

Valon also has no Armor on when he uses Extinction Fist; Its effect causes Joey's Lord of the Red -which is armor for him at the time- to de-fuse. The 1st thing Valon does after flipping up the trap, is, while his hand glows white, he punches Joey, while Joey's armor has still yet to de-fuse.

This visibly damages Joey. Admittedly, the glow could indicate Valon's Extinction Fist powered up his punch. Nonetheless, he manages to damage Joey in the same armor that tanked a large explosion.

The one who has the weakness to not being bloodlusted. Also what i noticed before : ( Keep in mind this means Little Yugi's will is stronger than the Gods.. Considering they fell to Level I Orichalcos. Atem fought Level III Orichalcos and deflected it, Yugi resisted Level II Orichalcos )

I think that the orichalcos supports Duel Monsters scaling. Rapid' screenshots ahow that monsters can be summoned irl to attack people and cause real enviorement damage and the Beserker Soul scene shows Yugi doesnt have to be put as bloodlusted or Oeochalcos to use his hax.

Well, i didnt mean it like that, it was just an exsmple that Yugi isnt that pure hearted as arugmented above and can be driven mad by certaik conditions.

But, he did derrail the train by constantly attacling weebil, its not that impresive, but its more coleteral damage proof.

Was probably because the conductor, like everyone else, vanished. Can't really control a train without a conductor.

Not really? The issue is that they don't have their effects outside the battle, not that they can't create them at this point.

My question is (after watching the abridged episode) is that did Joey really defeat a monster by punching it?

Yeah, the orichalchos dude's armor was a monster.

And Pyramid of Light anime and Novel already had them using effects irl, maybe effects in Dark Games is indeed reasonable enough after all

@SD

I'm not caught up on abridged, but I did watch the entirety of Yu-Gi-Oh!, so what scene was this? Who was it against?

No before that. There was another monster in the beginning of the abridged episode that Joey literally punched and defeated. If the same happened in the actual anime...

Yeah, but not accurate to their own anime effect descriptions. Probably the worse offender was Marik using Chain Energy for example.

That means that effects can be used irl regardless. The proboen would be to identify which irl uses are not accurate to their anime effect.

The closest we have currently is Shining Dragon's effect. However, he is not based on an actual monster, rather just a card made by Pegasus to counter the Gods, which could explain it. But even then, Shining Dragon didn't completely follow it.

It also destroyed the Pyramid of Light.

Not to mention it didn't listen to the summoning requirements...

That reminds me, wasn't the pyramid unaffected by card effects? If so, then that would imply in card game >>> irl pyramid of light.

Yeah but that was in the middle of the duel for Kaiba, not for outside of it.

Anubis negated the destruction of the pyramid.

Kaiba ordered shining dragon to destroy the pyramid and Anubis said "That I cannot allow". So, no.

And outaide of the duel, i guess you can summon wathever you want nl challenge, which is pretty good against people who could argument "X character can kill yugi before he can summon him".

Really? 90% sure it was on the card.

That... doesn't seem accurate? Given we have already seen cards who don't follow their effects (Marik example above) or get new ones (Blue Eyes has space-time rift creation). It just seems that it depends, and would be far too assumptive to assume otherwise.

No, watch it again. Anubis is the one who negates the destruction of the Pyramid, then takes over the duel on Kaiba's place.

After all, Kaiba' plan was to use return from the alternate dimension to defeat Yugi with his own god cards, and for that, he needed to get rid of the pyramid.

Well, should we start discussing other sagas or maybe we should define Anime Yugi/Marik/Bakura ´s Duel Monsters hax first?

(Also, could Anime/Manga Kaiba and Pegasus pages be made?)

I know it might be a bit off topic but do you thin kwe can start to talk about yu g oh vrains?

I recently started to watch it again (it has around 40 eps and I watched ep 16). In ep 16 there was an informatic security trap that erase your body if you're touched by it (while you're physically in the network).

Also there are AIs and informatic programs that have their own wills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back