• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.-Inside the millenium puzzle, alongside other dark creatures. If anything this supports Atem fighting multiple beings before Zorc, and the PoL being buried alongside Anubis only helps this.

6.-Please do.

8.-I dont know anything about Madoka Magica.

4. That would be circular logic sadly. But it does considerably contradict that sealing Zorc killed him.

6. K, can I give it to ya tomorrow?

8. Really? Then how did know they were Madoka Ma...

Also you explicitly mentioned Madoka's canon in the previous thread...

Screenshot 2018-02-08 at 21.33.40
Marco? Or should I say another name?

4.-Anubis is considered weaker than Zorc, so maybe the sealing was way too one sided to kill Atem.

6.-PLease do.

8.-Geez, i got confused. Sorry.

It would make you change the subject for a bit.

4. Well feats wise yeah, but he is pretty clearly beyond Zorc if we assume they are the same canon, even Zorc doesn't passively banish the Gods by merely existing.

6. K

8. Confused? How so?

Because with more context, it showed a clear understanding of Madoka's canonicity given what Fou said.

4.-Well, its not like Zorc even fought against the Gods, so we do not know.

Also, its an effect, so it might not be direct AP advatange over the gods, specially since the gods easly one shotted Anubis when the Pyramid was no longer on the field.

8.-Geez, you are going to make me say it, wont you?

I said i didnt know it just so i could dismiss that point without even discussing it. A very low blow from my part, i admit.

Now, to actually adress it...

Erm...Since it is meant to continue the anime and no one has come up and said that it isnt, there is a lot more value to say it is canon based on the intention of both of the American and Japanese dub companies.

4. Well in the anime, yes, he did. Only in the manga did they never actually directly fight.

I'm pretty sure the Gods actually tried punching the Pyramid (lol) in the movie. Need to find it tho.

8. That's not what I'm implying. C'mon the jig is up, just say it already.

4.-I havent seen that part, did he really? Gods staying on that Manga thread that long messed me up.

And no, Obelisk just touched it, and the three were destroyed.

8.-I dont know what you are talking about, tho.

And dont derrail, i have adressed that point.

4. That's even worse tho, if it only took a touch to kill them

8. Welp there goes the punchline, gotta do my job now.

Anyways, how did everything get reduced to just two points? Which other points are there to discuss that we have missed?

4. I mean, I guess? Insta-death manip seems like it would be >>> than whatever Zorc has tho

8. There was gonna be a pun, but nvm you ruined it.

I know 6. was due to time, but everything else you dropped for some reason.

I didnt drop anything.

4.-It just means the pyramid of light has hax stronger than Zorc, but the thing is, that is just the PoL. Anubis himself has nothing that is every remotely comparable to Zorc, not to mention it doesnt affect any other monster. Like Blue Eyes or Exodia. So i do think it is quite specific to be an AP upgrade.

8.-I must have missed it. Sorry.

Now, lemme check out the other contradictions real quick.

No. It's a lot more complicated . It is scaling from the World of Darkness [ I thought before it was the Gentle Darkness... I was hella wrong ] being stated to be one half of the full Universe, as well as contexual evidence it created everything within it , which in GX , 5D's , and DM has at least 3 timelines . It also makes sense how Nightshroud knew a lot about everything... He was involved with the Creation of Everything, since he is the World of Darkness .

GX scaling :

Nightshroud also played the card called " Creation of the Universe ", which acccording to the wikia was meant to literally be the power of the Universe and being the symbol of how the Universe was . They always have sources for their claims at the bottom of the wikia [ Which is why i'm willing to quote them more than other wikias ] so i shall recheck it at a later time .

This would also mean the Spiritual Power of Nightshrouds' deck would be 2-C by that point because it contained such a card , plus the World of Darkness [ Which by itself is Possibly 2-C ] , plus all the villians from before in GX . Here are some notable quotes :

- When the universe was created [ Unknown by whom. likely Numeron Dragon ] , it split into Darkness and Light { HEAVILY implied to be the World of Darkness / Gentle Darkness and Light of Destruction .... Nothing else fits unless you're referring to the Gentle Darknesss, which would still make Nightshroud "Possibly 2-C" by default and still allow the Gentle Darkness , Yubel , and S4 Judai to scale to it . } [ Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episode 155 ] . Keep in mind only S4 and above GX would scale directly to 2-C .

- This card is referenced in the Duel by Dartz in Yu-Gi-Oh! meaning the timelines are definitely connected here, and GX and Waking the Dragons... Are actually canon to each other.

- Yubel is able to resist Nightshroud's power, when Nightshroud has his base power [ World of Darkness + ALL the previous villians, including the Full Light of Destruction ] . Keep in mind that Nightshroud removed Yubel's spirit , so Judai and Yubel were far weaker than before. They should scale easily to Nightshroud once together, because once they were together they oneshotted him . Post-Season 4 should be well above Nightshroud by an Unknown margin.

How does 5D's [ Signers/Dragons ] scale ?

- Bonds Beyond Time shows us the power of Judai's spiritual Deck post-Season 4. It wasn't capable of defending against Malefic Stardust [ Litterally just a bloodlusted Stardust, even just using game mechanics shows us his attack power never changed in that form ] and nearly killed Judai and Yubel if it wasn't for Neos. Keep in mind both Yubel and Judai took spiritual blows against Nightshroud. So everything scaling to the Signers and the Dragons scale to "Possibly 2-C" as well as the Signers , even BoS, being 2-C via scaling [ Because Stardust never got "stronger" , he just has stronger forms , which he didn't need against Judai ] .

How does the original Duel Monsters scale ?

- Yugi Mutou : Stated to have the most powerful spiritual deck in his Battle City variation [ Both GX and Bonds Beyond Time heavily support it { Yami oneshotting Paradox Dragon , a monster Stardust was struggling with } ] , which obviously would scale him to Nighshroud and post-Season 4 Judai . Since Yusei had the Full Signer Dragon inside of him and used it in the battle, and BBT takes place before the True Graduation Duel , this would mean Yugi Mutou's Battle City spiritual deck is well above that of the Full Crimson Dragon, which was used later to bring about Shooting Quasar . Shooting Quasar is many leagues above Shooting Star, and Shooting Star is well above Stardust power-wise . This would make Waking Dragons Arc Yugi and Atem well above that level, as well as everything after Battle City .

Scaling :

So the scaling is like this : Yugi's [ Battle City] Spiritual Deck [ Stated to be leagues ahead of EoS Yusei by Konami according to a What-If Duel between the, ] >>>>>>>>>> Shooting Quasar >>>>>>>> Shooting Star >>>>>>>>>>>> Stardust >>>>>>>>> Post-Season 4 Judai >>>>> EoS4 Judai >>= Nightshroud . Also supports the fact is that in a What-If duel posted by Konami between Shooting Quasar Yusei and Yugi from Battle City, Yugi curbstomped and was stated to be leagues ahead of him.

Conclusions

Any questions... Sorry it was so long. I need to get my thoughts together before making this. And yeah i have a blog on this, but i need to edit it to replace G.D [ gentle darkness ] with W.o.D [ world of darkness ] .

We just have to wait for Data or someone along those lines.

BTW: Each of the Sagas are supposed to be their own timeline, but at the same time due to BBT GX, 5D's, and DM are treated as Past, Present, and Future simultaneously .

I am actually unsure how big the Spirit World is... It is treated as it's own Universe/Timeline... Albeit there are some things i am sure/somewhat unsure of :

- Dartz is canon. He was going to end Duel Monsters History and both the Spirit World and Real-World using Atem's Soul [ A possibly 2-C feat in and of itself ] but was stopped by Zorc and Bakura . That was in the episode " A Duel with Dartz - Part 4 " . How i did not notice that... I am absolutely unsure.

- Also this :Dartz summoned The Great Leviathan to destroy and reconstruct both the Human World and the Duel Monsters Spirit World in his own image [ Yu-Gi-Oh! A Duel with Dartz - Part 2 ] . Whether this is tier 5 or tier 2... I am unsure of.

Going back to the PoL discussion (Just temporarily @2nd, don't worry)

@Crzer and Prime, because it was created by Aknadin, who created the millennium items for Zorc, meaning they would need it to summon Zorc.

@Marco found something interesting. While PoL was in fact made by 4kids and dubbed in Japanese, there was a light novel made by the producers of the anime that tells their version of PoL. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Duel_Monsters:_Pyramid_of_Light_(novel)

From what it sounds, it was made to fit in the anime canon (as it was altered) as opposed to the actual movie.

@SomebodyData: Immediately after you posted about that, I went Googling. After some effort, I found this: https://www.scribd.com/document/14282035/Yu-Gi-Oh-Duel-Monsters-Pyramid-of-Light I haven't viewed much of it so far, but it APPEARS to be a transcript of the novel.

My only concern is Pyramid of Light was a movie made originally in English. And while the LN is separate, the Wiki doesn't say what language it was originally published in. Hence, the document saying it was translated makes me worry some of the statements are questionable.

Although, given that the author listed on the Wiki is Yugioh's original author, Kazuki Takahashi, & the Japanese text on the cover, it does seem plausible that Japanese is the original language.

In any case, I hope that link helps. If it's not a good link, someone could probably copy it into a blog or something.

Lol, sorry, @The 2nd Existential Seed. In any case, I hope it's an accurate translation, & from the original language.

@Imag and 2nd thank you

@Marco as far as I'm aware, there is no "Original author" for the anime. Though, it does sound like a write for the anime did write it, so I think it would count.

@Everyone We should probably first read the novel, so do you want to proceed with that or discuss what 2nd said, and come back to that later?

I've been skimming through it. I may be missing important stuff, though, but I feel the start of Chapter 5 has some interesting text.

It'd be a lot of words to copy paste, so I'll try to summarize: Apparently, Aknadin had decided that, since he might not become King in his lifetime, & hence, he'd go to any means to make his son Seto become King. More than that, using the novel's own words:

"If by any chance my wish goes unanswered in this life, I would like that, thousands of years in the future, Seto's reincarnation become king." Aknadin retrieves a pyramid made of crystal inside of a golden case. It was the Pyramid of Light. "Using the power of the eighth Millenium Item made in secret, the Pyramid of Light."

Apparently, he used that & a special technique to mummify one of his loyal servants so that said servant would live for thousands of years to carry out his ambition. Feeling betrayed, the servant swore revenge, before learning he'd... well....

"You will become a mummy as a messenger of the Gods…the heart, eyes and brain of a jackal—messenger of the god, Anubis—will be transplanted into your body that will live after all of this.You'll be a jackal with a heart loyal to me. You will be a human no longer, having been giventhat body."

Very interesting. BTW, we can discuss this before we head into what i was talking about , as we were talking about Pyramid of Light before i mentioned the tier 2 stuff.

hi

are you guys already discussing preexisting errors of the anime pages or do i need to do that on my own? need to have that answered before i do anything

missing info, false info, that type of stuff that already exists on the page but needs to be changed, like for example being 9-C for no reason

also the lack of proper keys

All of this was discussed in the previous thread, we just didn't go through and edit the profile with all of it as of yet. A calc puts them at 9-B for Yami Yugi and Yami Bakura.

Proper keys ? What keys need to be added ? We kinda need specifics to make any sort of change...

1. if you can do it now why not do it

2. but what calc

3. you realize bakura doesnt even have zorc as a key but his page still gives him all of zorc's specific "powers", right? i'm also gonna delve in and see if RPG mechanics also fall in for the anime.

@Arigarmy: For 1. I'd assume we need to officially confirm the changes are widely accepted & any issues with the changes need to be hammered out, if it hasn't been done so already. If it has been done so already, I'm not sure why.

For 2. I believe I may have tried to mention it to you earlier today in chat, since I have a fair bit of interest in the calc myself. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Assaltwaffle/Yu-Gi-Oh!:_Busting_down_doors

My interest being because: 1. The door was broken down from off-screen, so it'd be good to know if it was performed with physical ability or magic. I think magic is plausible, since Yami Marik has used telekinesis with his Millenium Rod before & he doesn't often punch, kick or otherwise attack so physically with his body.

2. Deciding if it scales to anyone. If it was performed with magic, it may scale to Bakura Ryo (Anime) & thus Anime Pegasus, since Bakura has clashed with what seems to be Millenium Item magical AP with both Pegasus & Yami Marik in the anime.

Also, there's the matter of the AP of Yami Marik's electricity manipulation from almost the same scene. Relevant because possibly magical AP & even if not, it might be a possible upgrade. I'm unsure.

we are discussing the canonicity of PoL and the anime's tier 2 status. of course his tier with capsule monsters is to be determined as well, and with duel monsters he is tier 5 and maybe tier 2 overall. btw why weren't manga Marik Ishtar and Seta Kaiba been made as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back