• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New SI Prefixes But They're OFFICIAL This Time: Ronna- and Quetta-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So I just found out that they recently expanded the SI prefixes to include ones for octillions and nonillions: Ronna- and Quetta- and opposites thereof: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units

And yes, this is officially supported: https://phys.org/news/2022-11-earth-ronnagrams-metric-prefixes-voted.html

Since we strive for accuracy, I think we should apply these to our stuff now. Basically...

1000 yottatons=1 ronnaton
1000 ronnatons=1 quettaton

So yeah, I think this should be accounted for now. Pretty sure this might throw off the entire calc group, but that's a small price I'm willing to pay for accuracy.

I would appreciate if you are willing to handle it. You can also ask Damage3245 or Mr._Bambu for practical application work help if you wish.

We can probably go around and updated those number names.
We would need to create a new table of prefixes then, as the extended prefixes beyond SI would be different too, I guess?
5-A​
Large Planet​
2.7 Yottatons to 16.512 Ronnatons
High 5-A​
Dwarf Star​
16.512 Ronnatons to 7.505 Quettatons
Low 4-C​
Small Star​
7.505 Quettatons to 136.066 Quettatons
4-C​
Star​
136.066 Quettatons to 760.516 Quettatons
High 4-C​
Large Star​
760.516 Quettatons to 22.77 Foe
+​
3-B​
Multi-Galaxy​
8.593 YottaFoe to 2.825 QuettaexaFoe
3-A​
Universe​
2.825 QuettaexaFoe to any higher finite number

Time to replace Pre-Stellar and Stellar Lifting Strength with Class R and Class Q

We would need to create a new table of prefixes then, as the extended prefixes beyond SI would be different too, I guess?
No idea. So far, Jim Blowers (the guy who had made the wonky fanmade SI prefixes people had been using) didn't respond to the changes made. Doubt he ever will since both sites that originally contained his prefixes are now defunct.

We can probably go around and updated those number names.
While you're at it, why not try to make a list of all the TNT prefixes and show what joule level they refer to? Would save a shitton of time for conversion purposes.

Something like this (I don't support Omniversal Battlefield Wiki BTW)

While you're at it, why not try to make a list of all the TNT prefixes and show what joule level they refer to? Would save a shitton of time for conversion purposes.

Something like this (I don't support Omniversal Battlefield Wiki BTW)
We have that already for the ones we use (had that since 2015), although those list needs updating too when we change prefixes.

TBH Ninatons and Tenatons sound way better Phonetically

I don't see the need to make a Wiki wide change if the community agreed upon names work just as well

Seems like alot of work for no real benefit (More like a detriment IMO due to the way they sound)

TBH Ninatons and Tenatons sound way better Phonetically

I don't see the need to make a Wiki wide change if the community agreed upon names work just as well

Seems like alot of work for no real benefit (More like a detriment IMO due to the way they sound)
Except that they're phonetically inaccurate given how ninatons (nine) describe octillions, while tenatons (ten) describe nonillions.

Plus, none of the official SI prefixes try to sound like a number, so the unofficial Nina and Tena stick out in that regard.

Granted, this is also just IMO- what isn't opinion though is that Ronna and Quetta are the official SI Prefixes while Nina and Tena are not.

Last edited:
@DontTalkDT @Damage3245

Would either of you be willing to apply all of the required changes? DontTalk, you can give Damage3245 or other knowledgeable staff members instructions if you wish.

@DontTalkDT @Damage3245

Would either of you be willing to apply all of the required changes? DontTalk, you can give Damage3245 or other knowledgeable staff members instructions if you wish.
I can probably take care of it myself, unless it's more than I see right now.

To gather everything that needs changing before I do: The Attack Potency page, obviously. And the before mentioned TNT table.

Anyone got an idea which other pages list tnt units? I guess a bunch of calcs, technically, but those should all also give the result in other units so that should be no issue.

What further extended system of prefixes is concerned: The lowest value not covered by the official ones is 1 x 10^34 tons of TNT now. 1 Foe is 2.39 x 10^34 tons of TNT. So technically there is a small gap of things between those having no units.
However, I believe such a value doesn't appear on any official page and, if one needs it for a calc or so, one can always just say 2000 quettatons of TNT or something.
So we probably don't need to make an in-between one, right? With SI prefix and FoE everything is sufficiently covered?

Not a staff member, however I would like to say that regarding the TNT table it should be directly linked in the AP page because currently there is nothing in the page that indicate how to convert joules to the conventional TNT terms.

To gather everything that needs changing before I do: The Attack Potency page, obviously. And the before mentioned TNT table.

Anyone got an idea which other pages list tnt units? I guess a bunch of calcs, technically, but those should all also give the result in other units so that should be no issue.

What further extended system of prefixes is concerned: The lowest value not covered by the official ones is 1 x 10^34 tons of TNT now. 1 Foe is 2.39 x 10^34 tons of TNT. So technically there is a small gap of things between those having no units.
However, I believe such a value doesn't appear on any official page and, if one needs it for a calc or so, one can always just say 2000 quettatons of TNT or something.
So we probably don't need to make an in-between one, right? With SI prefix and FoE everything is sufficiently covered?
Well, I took care of modifying the "Ninas" and the "Tenas" in five verse pages (MCU, Godzilla, Ben 10, God of High School, and Sonic (Main Continuity)) figuring that's a good starting point. Wasn't too hard; I just searched "ninaton" and boom! There they were.

Beyond that, yeah, the Attack Potency and TNT Measurements chart would be good targets. I personally don't want to do anything about the Lifting Strength page since the ideas of a "Class R" and "Class Q" might cause more confusing than there needs to be, especially with how similar those hypothetical classes are to "Pre-Stellar" and "Stellar".

Well, I took care of modifying the "Ninas" and the "Tenas" in five verse pages (MCU, Godzilla, Ben 10, God of High School, and Sonic (Main Continuity)) figuring that's a good starting point. Wasn't too hard; I just searched "ninaton" and boom! There they were.

Beyond that, yeah, the Attack Potency and TNT Measurements chart would be good targets. I personally don't want to do anything about the Lifting Strength page since the ideas of a "Class R" and "Class Q" might cause more confusing than there needs to be, especially with how similar those hypothetical classes are to "Pre-Stellar" and "Stellar".
Changing it should wait til after this thread has concluded I said, having just done the same thing for the OPM Verse Page which got instantly reverted

Ninaton and Tenaton have been made up this entire time? Anyways, agree with the change. I assume every calculation blog using ninatons and tenatons will be updated to those new terms as well?

@Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @DMUA @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @CloverDragon03 @KLOL506 @M3X_2.0 @Dark-Carioca @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Aguywhodoesthings

I am not against this change as these are the official SI prefixes.

But what exactly would we be doing rn (while we all know what to do in the future)?
I believe that all that is left to do now is to make the Foe values for the Calculation Introduction Pages and list the prefixes for the various TNT to joules value in a table format and preferably put it in a place where people can easily access it for conversions from joules to TNT values and vice versa.

Since a lot of blogs and maybe some profiles will still be using nina/tenatons, we should probably add a note in the page that that is what we used to call them
Yeah, that seems like the easiest solution. So I will update the AP and Calculations page, but will leave a note regarding old prefixes in both.

Things like verse pages and blogs can be updated at their own pace then.
Have the new Foe values also been added in?
New Foe values?

You know, Foe, kiloFoe, megaFoe, all the way to TenexaFoe
Oh dang, I forgot those also need units. Specifically, we're going to need to replace Tenaexa with something on the AP page...

So we still have to somehow make composite prefix, I guess? Looking at what we are using right now I guess we could go with:

10^33 = Quettakilo
10^36 = Quettamega
10^39 = Quettagiga
10^42 = Quettatera
10^45 = Quettapeta
10^48 = Quettaexa

I guess? I think that's what people had suggested earlier in the thread.

I do wonder what'll happen if more Prefixes after Quetta/Nonillion are added in the future, since that would end up changing the whole base of the prefix stacking idea

I am not aware of the discussion, so what does it need to be replaced?

@Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Jvando @Zaratthustra @Just_a_Random_Butler @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Dereck03

Are any of you willing to help out by searching our verse pages for now outdated prefixes to be replaced, please?

Preferably the blogs associated with them as well, if that is possible?
I apologize, but I may need clarification just to be sure. Could you please specify which specific outdated prefixes we should be searching for within our verse pages and/or the associated blogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back