• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

YOU THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A NORMAL LINX MATCHUP, BUT IT WAS I, DIO!

Good thing Linx's Willpower Defense defends against 2-A abilities and his hax can affect 2-A beings. =D

(Imma wait for more replies before I make a vote though)

Isn't his willpower defense only 90% effective though?

It is, but Willpower Defense works like this:

Say you're in the 3rd dimension. This means you can resist everything up to an infinite 3-D scale, no matter what percentage of Willpower Defense you have. Ex: You resist something that harms Large-Planet level beings by 50%, but you can also resist something that harms High Universe level beings by 50% as well.

This same principle is the same if you're in the 4th dimension. This means Linx can resist everything up to an infinite 4-D scale, aka Multiverse+, even though his Willpower Defense is 90%. This means he can resist DIO's attacks by 90%, since none of his attacks are 5-D (At least, not that I know of).

Well, tell me, what's 90% of infinite power negging?

Huh... funny thing is, when Linx fought the Core's Avatar, it used most of the hax you see on its profile, including power null, and since it affects 2-A beings (infinite 4-D), then it should've negged Linx's power right? Welll... funny thing is... Linx kind of resisted it anyways.

This happens multiple times in the epilogue (Kiir at 2-A can powernull at a 2-A level, and Linx and her sparred with all they got), soo.

An explanation I can give is once you're at the point where you can resist to an infinite scale (in your dimensional level), it would find a way to make that percentage work for infinity. Orr you can suspend your disbelief, but I don't think that'd fly...

Oh.

Dio can still neg 10% of his stuff, which could include Complete negation.

Even if he did, Linx would still be able to neg 90% of DIO's stuff. It would just mean Linx's attacks are 10% less effective. This situation isn't new to Linx either, since this happened both with Core's Avatar and Kiir, so.

Dio is vastly superior to the infinite spin and Giorno Giovanna's GER.

Thing is... Willpower Defense accounts for everything in that dimensional level. As long as the ability isn't in a higher dimension than the user, they'll be able to resist anything on their dimensional level.

This means that, unless DIOs hax can affect 5-D beings, his hax will still be resisted.

What do you mean by that? Like if two people both have tons of willpower, can one overpower the other with their will? The answer to that would be yeah... kind of. They'd be able to physically overpower them, but not mentally, if they have similar levels of willpower.

What I'm trying to explain is that Willpower is completely personal to the user, and it can't be taken away unless they don't have that much, or the enemy has an ability that manipulates the person's Willpower (granted that would only work if the person that has Willpower only has a little bit of it).

Maybe I'm missing the meaning of your question though.

Like, if A character has willpower manipulation and they try to manipulate X Character's willpower, and character A has slightly more willpower, will Character A be able to overpower character X?

Hmm.... What do you think 90% of a never-ending timestop looks like? Linx is going to have to deal with that.

@Akreious oh, then in that case no. This is because Willpower Defense resists everything up to infinity (in the user's dimensional scale). This means even if character A has more willpower, they won't be able to overpower character X's Willpower Defense, unless character X doesn't have Willpower Defense at all.

@DMUA is it a type stop that can pass infinite speed? If it is, then Linx would basically just be moving 10% slower in it. If it isn't, then he'd still be at his full speed.

It stops people who are immune to timestop, IE, Jotaro.

It seems as if that ability still is 4-D, so Linx's Willpower Defense still resists it, and it'll only make him go 10% slower.

If DIO punches him over and over again to overwrite him, does that mean he'll eventually have no abilities left existing?

Nope. If someone tries to spam an ability against Willpower Defense, it wouldn't work. Once you make an attack once, and do it again, it'll stay or do the same amount of damage it did the first time. That means if DIO were to repeatedly attack Linx with power null, his Willpower Defense wouldn't go any more down, so he'd have to use another type of attack.

Well... Reality overwrite is his main thing... So.....

Yeah this is probably a stomp. I thought being an infinity higher in power would have different results.

It's probably not a stomp more of a decisive victory I guess. DIO still is physically stronger (being 2-A and all).

No, he's 2-A via reality overwrite. Hes only 8-B physically.

Back