• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Defender vs the Psychic

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
"Upon request from an anonymous donor, we are pleased to welcome a bonus match!!!" The announcer yelled through the microphone. The crowd cheers on as they await who the contestants are.

"With nearly as many wins as he has ties, this man has climbed the ranks to get where he is today... On the left side of the arena we have the one, the only, LINX RIFELSON: The Defender of Gyrohem!!!" The crowd goes wild as Linx enters into the arena.

"On the right hand side we have a newcomer, but his adventures and exploits make him a more than worthy foe for our returning warrior! Give it up for ARK COVENANT: The Adamant Spirit!!!" The crowd goes equally as wild, expecting great fight of mighty proportions.

Ark enters the arena and stares Linx in the eyes. Right before they get into a fighting stance, a familiar voice to Linx yells in the crowd, "KICK HIS ASS LINX!" Yoshimitsu screams out. Likewise, another yell can be heard next to her, "YOU BETTER WIN ARK!!" Miko screams just as loudly.

The two men simply sigh and look back at each other, waiting for the bell to be rung.
The announcer starts the countdown,

"Three..."

Linx raises his hands up in a fighting stance.

Two…"

Likewise, Ark does the same.

"One…"

The two mighty beings stare each other down.

"FIGHT!"

In an instant, the sounds and sparks of clashing began.

Linx Rifelso

vs

Ark Covenant

Rules:

• Epilogue Final Form Linx vs Final Generation Boost Ark (If this is a stomp then we can switch it to Semi-Sealed Ark Form).
  • In-character.
  • Win by incapacitation or K.O. (No death, since this is a tournament match).
  • The match takes place in an arena, with both characters standing on opposite sides of each other.
Music:

Neutral Battle Music

Linx's Battle Music

Ark's Battle Music

Score:

Linx: 0

Ark: 0

Inconclusive: 0

NewLinxRifelson
UpdatedArkFlipped

Just to make sure, how many of Ark's abilities is he getting here?

Is it up to Part 4 or somewhere before that?

Considering this is 2-B one, wouldn't this be a stomp, then?

His hax would correspond to his tier and under his part 4 abilities he seems to have nearly every Boundary Manipulation listed, plus Omnikinesis. Now I don't know the extent of that but if he legitimately has manipulation of...

Like, everything on top of 90% of every boundary out there, along with what seems to be Willpower Hax of his own, I may be overanalyzing this (and do correct me if I'm wrong) but he would both resist Linx's stuff while also definitely finding one hax or another amidst all that that does not fall under the resistances Linx has.

Linx may also be in for another problem because I assume he wouldn't be able to make use of the 2-A blades without caring much as there's a no killing rule involved in this match.

Hmm, it appears that Ark is the perfect counter for Linx. If it's a K.O. only match, Ark knows what abilities he should and shouldn't use against an opponent, therefore limiting his power level. I listed his Ark Knight / True Cyberai form as Variable for this reason. It applies to everything except for his durability, which I'll clarify on his page.

Linx's hax and Willpower Defense actually can affect up to 2-A beings. This is because in-verse, the the highest amount of willpower possible allows the user to resist anything shown in the verse, so long as it resides in their dimension, and Linx has the highest level of will.

Boundary Manipulation is resisted by Willpower Defense, is Omnikinesis basically a version of Telekinesis? That would be resisted too. Willpower Hax actually is still resisted at this level, as you can't affect another Supernatral's will. From what I see on Ark's profile, he doesn't resist most of Linx's potent abilities.

Linx wouldn't need the 2-A blades in this match, and his Chosen Armor allowed him to take a few hits from the Core's Avatar, who is 2-A. This means Linx has possibly 2-A durability on-top of 2-A Willpower Defense.

Linx would also know which abilities he should and shouldn't use against his opponent through Absolute Precognition, and Linx can also limit his power as well.

The thing is that Ark himself also seems to have Willpower which would end up cancelling at least a portion of Linx's powers out.

Omnikinesis *apparently* covers all manipulations.

But if Linx' defenses are 2-A and he resists everything Ark has then he simply tanks everything long enough to wear Ark out with his own powers and abilities and win.

Isn't it NLF to have that power? That's like Complete Arsenal, and that isn't allowed here anymore. Gonna need clarification on that, or an explanation, like maybe only abilities shown in-verse.

Will need more clarification on whether Ark can resist all of Linx's attacks through his own will or not.

I would think your Willpower Defense system is different than mine, since both were likely of different origin, and they're two completely different verses...

Aye, but they work in the same manner, effectively countering each other. The physics might be different, but the idea remains the same. Kinesis in the CYBERAI Verse is based off of an ESP scale, which is the equivalent to Gyrohem's Willpower and Aura scaling system.

Gyrohem has been a big influence on the scale I'm developing.

Back