• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cobra Kai Additions & Mild Content Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Kai Additions & Mild Content Revision​

So recently got back into Cobra Kai and I think there should be some type of revision to Cobra Kai.

Minor Additions/Removals:

• It's shown in the skills matchup in the second All-Valley that Demetri has skills with a Scythe, Sam has skills with Sai's, and Tory has skills with a Katana. This should mean that this would pass onto Miyagi, Kreese, Sliver, and Daniel who passed on these teachings with likely mastery of them.
  • Removing the feat that Miguel bent a small part of a metal bar of a railing with a kick. It was said behind the scenes that the actor did that accidentally and shouldn't qualify for something even ahead of Athlete level. He also only broke it off its hinges.
  • Removal of some details of characters being tired in their fights. Originally I had written Kreese being "Weakened" in his fight with Daniel after fighting Johnny, though he shows no signs of tiring. Terry in his fight with Daniel the second time also shows no signs of tiring and just seems to be something to nitpick (However you could add the fact that Terry's outbursts and the fact he was losing control meant he was off-balance).
  • Adding the feat of Johnny and Daniel fighting in Season 4 in a point match (With the notable fact both were able to hurt each, tie, and knock each other out temporarily)
  • Removing the comparison of Mike Barnes and Johnny and possibly being superior. Mikes Barnes was randomly brought into the Valley to beat Daniel and only went under Cobra Kai to enter under their name for success. So Kreese wouldn't consider Barnes a student
  • With Season 4, adding the fact that both Johnny and Daniel learned their latters style to "Standard Tactics."
  • With Season 5 adds to Johnny's durability, higher with Whiskey and White Claw. Notably in Episode 10 where Johnny notes how the Senseis couldn't hurt him with their attacks (Until about mid-way into the fight till their strikes actually started hurting). These same senseis being the one who could take down a sober Johnny Lawrence in a few critical strikes. Sub for stamina
  • Being drunk should be removed from being notable "Setbacks" to certain fights unless clearly shown. It is noted in the finale fight that they are drunk but barely shows signs of slowing down. Johnny and Chozen put up a better fight against all the Senseis than they were sober against one. Johnny's first fight with Kreese's setbacks was not because he was "Slightly drunk" but because Kreese notes how he taught him everything. There are also no signs of him being drunk or slowing down.
  • Kreese was not being more exhausted throughout his fight in S3 with Johnny with no visuals shown of this (Other than nitpicks). Johnny just managed to counter and get the drop on him.
  • Possible pressure point addition to Terry Sliver. The "Sliver Bullet" technique is a specific strike, like a counter to Chozen's pressure point that could "Take your breath away." This could relate to the definition on the VS Battles Wiki page for "Referring to special parts of the body, that, when struck, can cause intense pain."
  • With the obviousness that Kreese cares about Johnny and his Cobra Kai philosophy, there are two changes here. Removing the "Unknown if this is a lie" to Kreese unintentionally trying to kill him. Then adding his weakness being Johnny and sometimes exempting him from the Cobra Kai philosophy (Also adding that he's arrogant due to Cobra Kai philosophy).
  • Adding Pressure Points to Chozen for obvious reasons and adding a "Precise and focused" like for Miyagi and Daniel.
  • Adding more detail to sections on Chozen's and Terry's page
  • Adding to Kreese's fighting style of his dirty fighting nature like Sliver (ie, striking to the throat), and his flashback version style (With Turners fight, Prison Fight showing an interpretation, and spar with Terry it's safe enough to make his own category for fighting style)
  • Addition to skill and AP for Terry that Hyan Woo (The one that beat up Johnny in Ouroboros and stood his ground against Chozen) says to Johnny that he believed "it wasn't possible" to beat Sliver because he believed Johnny couldn't even beat him. Which shows that he believes Terry is superior.
  • Miyagi's technique of healing should be a reverse pressure point. Since it's just putting pressure on a certain point of the body and fixing the point of the body like that. It's not magic, it's just like Chozen's pressure point, except instead of disabling, it's enabling.
  • Better keys for Kreese. Flashbacks should be Post-Training Turner, aka after training with Turner. Scales from Turner, being a Military Karate Champion, makes him easily stronger than any adult that are able to hurt Johnny, that are just some regular adults. Post-Training Kim, which is basically 1980s and Karate Kid. Then Post-Time Skip, which stays the same. Keep things simple with pre and post time skip.

Scaling and new calculations:

Now the scaling has been off with their support feats not really being consistent with the original of relying on Miyagi's reactions of catching an arrow and Chozen breaking stone all the way from the original Karate films. Now I could go on how it should be Street level+ possibly Wall level for mostly scaling to Johnny almost breaking the front of a car windscreen by throwing a man on it, though recently there's been a recalculation by the same person which brings the feat down to Street level.

However, there has been another Wall level calculation however not accepted (Due to splitting the cylinder block in the middle and some percentage problems), so it is to be re-evaluated.

Despite this Street level should be able to be reached.

Things in bold should be calculated.

In terms of who it scales to it depends on the feat, however all the characters scale to each other in the show.

The teens are shown to be roughly comparable to the adults but notably weaker.

In terms of the Karate Kid Teen characters, they'd scale to Modern day teens that did the above and Mike Barnes breaking bricks.

I think that clears it enough that a comparison at least rough should be made. For all characters, the rating should be at least 9-C, assuming that the Wall level downgrade is completely accepted.

Speed:

I feel there isn't really anything to solidify that they are peaked at human speed, though however, Johnny does keep up with a professional MMA fighter so perhaps staying at Peak human should be fine for now. Some support feats are Julie Pierce reacting and doing a move at point-blank range of a vehicle coming at her, along with Daniel and Miyagi catching a fly. However, their running speed has never shown to be through running and have no where near Usain Bolt speed. So Athletic Human, with Peak Human combat and reaction speeds is more fitting. The VS Battles Wiki does have Superhuman for Boxers so that can maybe apply to adults, the teens don't keep up to the same pace but still roughly do so. So backscaling to Peak Human is fine for them.

In terms of scaling the same thing for AP, Robby dodges attacks from Terry, Daniel reacts to attacks from Miyagi, Sam reacts to an attack from Kim Da-Eun, and Miguel attacks the adults, the same adults who could land blows on people like Johnny. The Miyagi-Do and Eagle-Fang students keep up with Chozen dodge and block attacks from him, notably Sam and Miguel. Denis and Snake keep up with Sliver, whom Daniel and Barnes can quickly overwhelm.

However, a thing that should be noted is Subsonic reaction speed scaling with Mr. Miyagi and why it should be removed from other profiles and turned into a possible for Miyagi.

The thing is this is a feat Miyagi did once in a later made movie for Karate Kid. However, the thing is Miyagi shouldn't be relatively far faster than the other characters. The point of Miyagi in the original Karate Kid movies was that his style was the right way and that he mastered it, not that he was so ungodly faster that no one could land a hit but that he was good at analyzing the room. So because of that, he SHOULD be on the same speed level as the other adults and relative to that speed. However, nothing really counters that other than the original intent for his feat of reacting to an arrow, so a possibly.

The original scaling was that Daniel was able to react to a fly that Miyagi had a hard time catching; however, the speed of a fly is not relevant to an arrow so no one should scale to this.

Untrained and Minor Character fighters should roughly scale to the major, main, and recurring characters.

There's more in Seasons 4 and 5 but I feel that's enough. The main narrative is the reason they are able to dish out much better is that they have more precise shots and technique, while they are able to take it since a critical part of karate is endurance. However, they are not to a point where they cannot scale, aka one-shotting and tanking. The narrative is that they NEED to use precise karate to take down these opponents and need to block their attacks because they get hurt. The Miyagi-verse kind of has it where everyone can hurt the other, but brutes like Shawn and people who are strong enough in karate are much better but still not to a large extent where they aren't roughly comparable. So even minor characters should get the rating but probably without the "At least" in 9-C. Which would mean someone like Sato even if they don't scale to anyone or Stringray should have the rating due to their role and beating up minor characters.

Far higher with Focused and Precise removal:

It should be noted that technically it's just them striking at their best so it should just be added to the normal AP. The reason they one-shot is a specific technique that is targeted towards the head. Kenny isn't far higher with Silver bullet purely because he hit the sternum.

Karate Kid Page update:

The page is outdated with character placement with dojos, and we can't do modern day since everyone has left Cobra Kai except a few. Characters have been switching dojos throughout the show. There are some things that we can do. I do prefer the second one but the others are fine.
  1. Format the characters into what eras or generations (Modern Day, Vietnam, Late 1900s, WW2)
  2. Keep the dojos but have the characters show up in what dojo they've joined (So Hawk wouldn't show up thrice)
  3. Have them be identified as the first dojo they've joined
  4. Karate Kid Series, Cobra Kai/Miyagi-verse, Remake categories.
Repeating what I said, the dojo idea I think should be formatted with Eagle Fang, Miyagi Do, and Sato's dojo together, as "Okinawan Miyagi-Do & Eagle Fang" and Cobra Kai and Kim's Dojang, as "Cobra Kai & The Fist"

Overall:

• Several additions and minors removals from profiles
  • If wall level downgrade is accepted, then all characters get "At least 9-C."
  • Characters have Athletic Human running speeds, with Peak Human combat and reaction speeds. However, their Subsonic reaction speed is removed, and Miyagi has his as a "possible."
  • Reformat Karate Kid verse, although there needs to be discussion on what to do
  • Remove focused and precise
  • Several minor additions
I'll also make blogs for the new characters for Cobra Kai profiles.

Last edited:
Why exactly are the wall level feats not valid?
The original person who calculated the Chozen breaking statue, recalculated it to be Street level.

If you're talking about the Cylinder block. I was looking at the replies, and there were some issues with the concrete percentage and the original calc being on breaking the entire thing when it was originally split in the middle by Johnny.

The original person who calculated the Chozen breaking statue, recalculated it to be Street level.

If you're talking about the Cylinder block. I was looking at the replies, and there were some issues with the concrete percentage and the original calc being on breaking the entire thing when it was originally split in the middle by Johnny.
Despite this, I believe Wall level lower-end is still possible since Wall level borders are from punching a hole through a cylinder lock, two of them as well.

I did recently find this calc for Miyagi catching an arrow though, maybe that can solidify their speed when it's evaluated?

I did recently find this calc for Miyagi catching an arrow though, maybe that can solidify their speed when it's evaluated?
Sorry for the long response time, week went by fast. About the arrow, it’s what all characters scale to possibly right now. However with the thread I want to change it to a possibly for Miyagi, and removed from other characters mainly because the arrow thing is a one time thing that is never consistently shown.

Sorry for the long response time, week went by fast. About the arrow, it’s what all characters scale to possibly right now. However with the thread I want to change it to a possibly for Miyagi, and removed from other characters mainly because the arrow thing is a one time thing that is never consistently shown.
What about the fly-catching feat of Daniel?

What about the fly-catching feat of Daniel?
I originally was the one who got that added, however Miyagi shouldn’t mainly scale from a fly then have other characters scale for an arrow since catching the arrow hasn’t been consistent for a long time since the Next Karate Kid.

Bump.

Also would like to add Stealth Mastery to Chozen since the episodes Eggs. He manages to sneak up on Mitch and Chris undetected till he shows himself and sneaks up behind Robby without him noticing (Robby is also experienced in robberies). Somehow sneaks into the water right by Bert and Nathaniel without them noticing. Then Chozen sneaks into a room without Sam or Miguel noticing and also steals the egg from Sam's backpack.

Bump. Another addition would be adding Post-Kim Sun Yung Training for Kreese and Terry. That being Karate Kid and their 1980 flashback. It gives better scaling with Kreese and Silver and only takes place 4 years apart.

He didn't break the entire windshield, only a small portion of it at the left corner of the car. This wouldn't be anything higher than 9-C (Unquantifiable for a crack like that given that it didn't shatter and make a hole), but nowhere near close to the original 9-C.

Johnny didn't shatter the entire volumes of the bricks, only what his hand was in contact with. You should try and measure the portion that actually got fragmented instead of using the whole volume, and preferably use HD scans for this, the video is very blurry.
Same deal as Johnny, entire thing didn't get fragged, only the middle portion here this time.

Same deal as above, the crack widths are surprisingly thin here, but also very visible.

Once again, the same as above, he isn't shattering the entire brick, just the middle portion. Measure the volume of that broken part instead.

Depends on whether those car windows were once made out of old glass types. Modern car windows are incredibly strong, with only sledgehammers being able to shatter them if they are not well protected.

Same thing, old car, old glass, except this time, look at how Johnny punches close to the corners where the glass is at its weakest.

So far, only the middle portion seems to be truly fragged, while there are still larger pieces with only crack lines.

All of the assessments seem reasonable. Would you recommend updating the potential calculations with what should be noted or just putting them all as support feats assuming none of them reach anywhere near Street level. These feats are mainly supposed to support Street level rather than just go off Chozen kicking a statue and that's it (I would have actually supported a downgrade if the Chozen feat was still Wall Level since there hasn't be a feat in Cobra Kai at all to support it at the moment).

In terms of calculations, I could get the videos HD but it'd be easier to get the 9-C downgrade from Chozen first since everyone scales to him.

All of the assessments seem reasonable. Would you recommend updating the potential calculations with what should be noted or just putting them all as support feats assuming none of them reach anywhere near Street level. These feats are mainly supposed to support Street level rather than just go off Chozen kicking a statue and that's it (I would have actually supported a downgrade if the Chozen feat was still Wall Level since there hasn't be a feat in Cobra Kai at all to support it at the moment).

In terms of calculations, I could get the videos HD but it'd be easier to get the 9-C downgrade from Chozen first since everyone scales to him.
Using them as supporting feats is fine. They'd definitely be within that range for sure.

I think since the calc was accepted, you can go ahead and apply the changes, especially since KLOL who did the calc itself approved it and the whole 9-B rating was from that one feat only.
Fair enough. Although I need Terry's Silver page unlocked.

Another thing that should be noted is how the characters on the Karate Kid page are formatted into dojos. The problem is it's outdated, characters have been switching dojos throughout the show. Heck even Daniel was in Cobra Kai at one point. I do have some ideas.
  1. Format the characters into what eras or generations (Modern Day, Vietnam, Late 1900s, WW2)
  2. Keep the dojos but have the characters show up in what dojo they've joined (So Hawk would appear 3 times unironically, although I think this is my preferred one since it'd make sense to have Eagle Fang Johnny and Cobra Kai Johnny)
  3. Have them be identified as the first dojo they've joined
If we do go with the dojo idea. I think it'd be best to incorporate Eagle Fang, Miyagi Do, and Sato's dojo together, as "Okinawa Miyagi-Do & Eagle Fang" and Cobra Kai and Way of the Fist (Kim's style), as "Cobra Kai & Korean Fist"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back