• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yoruichi speed feat question

To me you got it around lad, look at the lightning trail again, there were marks of her footsteps because it served as a bridge to get to that lethal dose dude.

Stein Kovas said:
To me you got it around lad, look at the lightning trail again, there were marks of her footsteps because it served as a bridge to get to that lethal dose dude.
I'm talking about the lightning bolts. Shinigami don't create those types of footsteps when they walk on air. If she ran from left to right (since Askin gets thrown there at last) and that second to last lightning bolt isn't even finished forming yet, then she must create those with her steps right?

Shinigami who use a certain element; their reiatsu manifests as that element. Hitsugaya's reiatsu is cold and can freeze shit around him (though he has mastered it now and controls it), Yamamoto's reiatsu gives off intense heat, Hisagi's Shikai release unleashes a blast of wind element reiatsu. The same is true for even Arrancars (Edrad is a good example).

Those lightning footsteps that Yoruichi is creating would be the result of her own reiatsu manifesting as the element she manipulates.

Soldier Blue said:
Wall of text
What do your examples have to do with footsteps creating lightning when they are obviously passive barriers around the shinigami?

I'm not talking about zanpakto ability in this thread so those examples are useless.

Ezeriot said:
I'm not talking about zanpakto ability in this thread so those examples are useless.
Please don't quote walls of text (more than four lines).

"I'm not talking about Zanpakuto ability in this thread so those examples are useless"

Shinigami and Arrancar Zanpakuto abilities are a reflection of who they are and their own spiritual power. It's not the other way around. Whatever abilities a Zanpakuto has is a result of the Shinigami's soul imprinting on the Asauchi it was before.

A Shinigami has an flame or ice based Zanpakuto? Then their normal reiatsu should exhibit qualities such as intense heat and cold. Proof of this? Hitsugaya long before he became a Shinigami i.e. without an Asauchi to imprint on to make his Zanpakuto, was unconsciously freezing stuff in his sleep.

Back