• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: SOUNDS IN THE SHADOWS

And we're back! As tradition, there will always have to be at least one D&D match for every spammed character. Connor has the Dire Rats, Scout used to have the Animated Armor, Chisato has the Ethereal Filcher, Minamoto no Raikou has Charon and Dread Emperor (Still ongoing), Lizardy had the Hydra and Portal Drake, Austin Theory has the Bonegnasher, and lastly, Yor used to have the Chuul.

I might remake Scout vs Animated Armor with just him and I think I have someone to use against Johnny Test and Yoshikage Kira, though I don't think I have a good D&D match for Jotaro. Oh well, enjoy the show!
● ------------------------------------- ●
Black smoke clouded the hallway, the fire alarm ringing loudly. This would have been a horrifying occurrence to the average person yet for those trapped in this realm, it is nothing of concern. How could such a horrid event transpire so commonly and furthermore, what is this event?

"Would you like to try my casserole, Mr. Drake?" Yor asked, holding a casserole dish with mittens.
"Um, I'm still busy" the portal drake replied before feeling something landing on his shoulder.

"Oh come on! You've been maintaining this place for so long! You deserve something..." Lizardy said, her head resting on the maintenance worker's shoulder. Her hand on the other hand was holding a wooden spoon and had already scooped out a portion of the casserole. "Now eat" she said, her hand shoving the casserole into the portal drake's mouth. He chewed slowly with a pained expression on his face before swallowing, faint sounds of gagging and choking exiting his mouth. A few seconds later he dropped down onto the floor, completely unmoving.

"Heh heh. And his species is supposed to be resistant to poison" Setsuna said while holding the unmoving maintenance worker by the tail.
"Really? It's that bad?!" Yor asked.

"Uh, maybe not? I mean, maybe he didn't faint because of food poisoning, you know. Uh, it's because it tastes really good! Yeah, that's probably why he fainted" Lizardy lied, feeling a bit guilty for that comment. She quickly ate a spoonful of the casserole, chewing it slowly. "See? Really good" she said, trying her best to hide the pain before quickly floating away.

"And she wasn't even connected to her torso" Yor said, seeing right through the ruse.
"Good grief, lady. You are terrible at this" a voice behind a corner commented.

"I know, I know. There isn't much to do here. Would you like to-" the thorn princess replied, approaching the corner before being stopped by a person with a similar voice.
"Ms. Briar? That's not me" Jotaro said, holding her back by the shoulder.

The voices behind the corner became incoherent, a jumbled mash of snide comments and conversations from those trapped. A horrid smell became noticeable in an instant as red eyes peered from the dark before stepping out. A strange quadrupedal creature stood there, voices exiting its mouth as if it was saying all that. But the voices became silent in an instant and only one last sentence ensued.

"The lobsters send their regards".

The creature fled through a nearby portal, the thorn princess following suit.

zd6uovqph_Amazon_River_Hero.jpg

Leucrotta.jpg

VS
dfhe7o6-f5dbb395-9240-4172-a555-eb00e162d728.jpg

Last edited:
If we are considering the Leucrotta with shapeshifthing i guess it has the advantage on the stealth attack

What are the AP's now for both?

Okay, so Yor have a 2.5 ap advantage and seems more skilled

It is interesting how each participant resist to most of the arsenal of the other, i would say that the monster best chance would be to try a stealth attack and use the Adamantine Bite, but considering the instinctive reaction of our assasin this is unlikely to happen, even with Leucrotta having the advantage of battlefield and possibly experience hunting humanoids

So yeah, voting Yor

Okay, so Yor have a 2.5 ap advantage and seems more skilled

It is interesting how each participant resist to most of the arsenal of the other, i would say that the monster best chance would be to try a stealth attack and use the Adamantine Bite, but considering the instinctive reaction of our assasin this is unlikely to happen, even with Leucrotta having the advantage of battlefield and possibly experience hunting humanoids

So yeah, voting Yor
Wait hang on, there's a CRT going on and while Yor is staying as 9-A, she's probably going to be a little weaker. I'll call you back when it's safe

Yes, this thing is a foreign animal so the former is likely a lot less effective
Yikes. Its physiology is similar to a lion right? Yor could pressure point a cow implying she has knowledge of animal physiology, maybe it would still work on it?

In case it wasn't obvious im voting Yor HIGH DIFF
I'm unsure. Most of her tactics (Poisoning and fear) are not working against this thing and she's at a massive AP disadvantage. A stray clawing can be very dangerous for her well-being

I'm not sure how fast she'll go for neck-snapping

I'm unsure. Most of her tactics (Poisoning and fear) are not working against this thing and she's at a massive AP disadvantage. A stray clawing can be very dangerous for her well-being

I'm not sure how fast she'll go for neck-snapping
Pressure points (although they have 50% chance of not working thanks to it physiology ) is still available. She is a great fighter and will eventually try neck snapping

Her acrobatics can allow her avoid its attacks

Well that's the problem, she needs to grapple to get that kill and that means spending a few seconds being dangerously close to her opponent
" spending a few seconds being dangerously close to her opponent"

Buddy thats close quarters combat. Also Yor with her acrobatics, Enhance senses, Instinctive reaction and skill means she van eventually pull it off

" spending a few seconds being dangerously close to her opponent"

Buddy thats close quarters combat. Also Yor with her acrobatics, Enhance senses, Instinctive reaction and skill means she van eventually pull it off
Unfortunately, the Lucrotta is a CR 4 creature. It can fight 4 people, each of which can fight 4 people, each of which can fight 4 people that have those skills and tactics (while also being of comparable AP, with the creature upscaling for each CR from 2 up to 4) and still give them the fight of their lives.

She has no advantage here, quite frankly.

Yeah, can source something real quick, gimme a bit (not a stat, but a skill in 3.5)
So basically, by CR 4, an adventurer could reasonably do all of the below mid combat at once without any effort:

Note: The game doesn't care if you do summersaults, spins or whatever. It only cares about the surface you balance on, the distance you jump and how many enemies you are avoiding.

All of that takes a single Movement action (a turn of combat is divided between movement and attack), which let's them then use an attacking option. Some creatures/enemies can do all of that, while also using a range weapon like a bow and avoiding being hit before launching an arrow. Some are even able to attempt all of that and go into stealth. (source)

Rogues are able to do all the above, and also have pressure point strikes (in the form of Sneak Attack).

I meant similar to a mammal like creature at least. Yor seems to have a massive LS advantage meaning she could easily bear hug the beast and snap its neck
This, btw, would 100% be her wincon.

However, given the above, and alongside the level of experience some adventurers can have by these levels, and the fact the creature can still win, I will vote it.

This, btw, would 100% be her wincon.

However, given the above, and alongside the level of experience some adventurers can have by these levels, and the fact the creature can still win, I will vote it.
Yor still has a massive Skill advantage

Gifted. Yor is an undeniably gifted assassin who is revered among contract killers as a legend. When she takes on an assignment as the Thorn Princess, her demeanor is noticeably different from how she normally acts. In terms of "getting rid of the target," it is said that she has a success rate of probably 100% as the Thorn Princess.

When assigned an assassination by the Shopkeeper, she is often given pre-knowledge of a target’s capabilities and defenses.

Since she was a child, the essence of combat has been drilled into her brain, and murder appears to be the only thing she is good at as a result. She is regarded as especially powerful, even amongst the Garden, an assassin group whose members are each capable of wiping out an entire military troop. She has also dealt with trained animals in the past, such as attack dogs.

She has a remarkable capacity to quickly assess situations and make thoughtful judgments in the heat of battle, as proven when a bladed opponent manages to disarm her right stiletto, she exploits the split opportunity in his guard to stab him in the stomach with her other stiletto before snatching the disarmed stiletto as it falls to the ground to do a neck stab, or even by using the bodies of others nearby as meat shields. She also demonstrates tactical planning when she catches a fleeing cat by tossing something in its direction to obstruct its escape and then sprinting after it while it gets startled. When a bola is wrapped around her ankle, she manipulates her leg to pull the bola handle out of an assassin's hands and moves it to KO another assassin around a corner, demonstrating how she can use her adversaries' weapons to her advantage. Should be capable of hiding her malice until the moment she attack just like the boat assassin since Matthew McMahon stated that while talented, they are hardly in the Garden's league. She understands human anatomy well, which she uses to ensure that her humanoid opponents die quickly and painlessly.

She is capable of eliminating large groups of armed enemies such as gunmen, terrorist organizations, and even a whole host of renowned killers, some of them being masters of their weapons and all of them capable of hiding their presence from her.

Could that just be a result of his intelligence score?
It's actually a result of his Multiattack ability.

Edit: Ah, I got what you meant. He is below CR 1 because he's not an adventurer nor a special monster. His two special abilities barely put him above the average commoner (CR 1/4).

Back