• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An android faces a giant rat

Connor, among other things, has all this:
Master Martial Artist, Pressure Point Strikes, Acrobatics, Weapon Mastery,
Just HOW skilled is he? & would/could his skills be relevantly applied against a giant rat?
Genius Intelligence, Information Analysis, Analytical Prediction, Precognition and Retrocognition (Can create near perfect emulations of how things happened or will happen), Enhanced Senses (Can see things invisible to the human eye)

This is especially concerning. Can he like, auto-predict the rat's movement to basically do a no-hit run of this fight?
How do Connor's Precognition & Retrocognition work?
& what is meant by "things invisible to the human eye". I assume it's something related to androids, but being able to see anything not normally visible is probably a No Limits Fallacy, right?

Immortality (Type 1, 4, and 8. Cannot die as long as he transferred his memory data to CyberLife), Resurrection (Should the active body be destroyed his memory data in CyberLife will automatically be put into an inactive RK800 android),

How does this work? Can he resurrect here? Does he need bodies? Does he have bodies available.

Memory Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation and Morality Manipulation (Can share his memories and feelings with other androids to influence them)

I assume these don't work on organic beings, especially non-human organics like big rodents?

Disease Manipulation (Their bite inflicts[2] Filth Fever[2]),
Are androids like Connor able to experience diseases?

Anyway, let's look at the stats.
Connor:
Attack Potency: Street level (Capable of overpowering multiple armored soldiers and policemen. Even normal androids are superior to most humans. Slammed Hank hard enough to smash a metal grate. Can fight with Markus in some endings), higher with Equipment (Has access to weapons that can easily incapacitate and kill other androids comparable to him)
Striking Strength: Street Class (Can injure a clone of himself with his blows)
Durability: Street level (A hit with a chair from another android can barely daze him)

Connor scales to Markus? Markus?
Attack Potency: Street level (Can tear a metal pipe off its hinges and physically take down numerous armored soldiers in quick succession)
Striking Strength: Street Class
Durability:
Street level

That's straight from the profile; AFAIK, Connor & Markus have no calculations linked on their profiles. They have justifications, which is good, but just a scaling chain to each other.
Thankfully, they have justifications.
Maybe 1 of them has a feat that falls under 1 of the calculations here?

Anyway, without a Calc, I think I'd have to assume they're baseline.
So what about the Dire Rat?

Attack Potency: At least Street level (A rat posed a threat even to guards in cities), possibly Wall level (Theoretically capable of harming characters who can survive Burning Hands)
Striking Strength: At least Street Class, possibly Wall Class
Durability:
At least Street level, possibly Wall level

The only calc for the rat is.... Burning Hands: 8,118,935.25254 Joules, Wall level
Concerningly, some of the newer comments on that Calc Blog seem to suggest that there may be flaws to 1 or more of the Calculations in it.

Anyway, the Wall Level end is probably inapplicable, because this match has the two at Street Level. Street Level ranges from 300 to 15,000 joules. Even if Baseline WASN'T assumed for either of them, Wall Level ranges from 15,000 to 20,920,000 joules, & that Calc Yield is over 8.1 million joules. So even if the rat downscaled, it's only Calculated Scaling point is well in excess of Connor's tier.

So.... Baseline Street Level for both of them?

....What prevents this from being a Skill-Stomp by Connor against the rat?

....What prevents this from being a Skill-Stomp by Connor against the rat?
The rat also having martial arts?
Memory Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation and Morality Manipulation (Can share his memories and feelings with other androids to influence them)
I assume these don't work on organic beings, especially non-human organics like big rodents?
Yes
Are androids like Connor able to experience diseases?
Nope
Anyway, without a Calc, I think I'd have to assume they're baseline.
Yes, that's correct
Attack Potency: At least Street level (A rat posed a threat even to guards in cities)
I'm using this one which implies that it is 9-C via killing off Athletic warriors which is around baseline, the same feats Connor has
Retrocognition work?
Not combat applicable
This is especially concerning. Can he like, auto-predict the rat's movement to basically do a no-hit run of this fight?
How do Connor's Precognition
Here's an example of his precog. There are 2 time marks. 3:12 and 4:31

The rat also having martial arts?
But not the Precognition, nor Connor's Intelligence.
Yes the diseases do work on them, or yes they do not work on them?
Not combat applicable
I'd assume the Precognition is, though.
Here's an example of his precog. There are 2 time marks. 3:12 and 4:31

Thanks.

Still, I'm a little nervous that this match might just be Connor Precogging against a rat & shooting it until it's dead, all match, with the rat never getting in a hit.
Run, predict & shoot. The rat can't gain ground with Speed Equalized, & it can't surprise him if he predicts its every move.

Still, I'm a little nervous that this match might just be Connor Precogging against a rat & shooting it until it's dead, all match, with the rat never getting in a hit.
Should I make the match without LoS? Connor does have 1 match where his opponent wins simply due to stealth despite having no advantage in CqC
yes they do not work on them?
That one

Well, it seems kinda even now, but I'm not entirely sure. In part because I'm not 100% sure of the Dire Rat's level of skill.
Both are even in AP....
What's the Stamina match-up like?

Connor is practically limitless and cannot feel pain

As for the rats, you're knowledgeable on them
My knowledge of D&D Characters mostly extends to reading the profiles on VSBW & experience doing that.

With even AP, & 2 rats, Connor needs to make sure he can constantly handle 2 attackers. Given at least their size, I imagine they'd be attacking from different sides; If both rats try to take the shortest route to their target, their wouldn't be much room for either if they both tried to attack the same side, unless it's like, 1 going high, 1 going low.

In theory, the rats best chance is taking apart Connor, which is easier said than done, if he doesn't feel pain, is skilled enough, & they aren't damaging the same points. (Plus, the rats may not focus on the bests/same part, even if they do end up finding Connor appetizing.)

I'm not sure they'd use their Stealth, except maybe after Connor starts shooting them/throwing them off/deflecting them, since then they might try to ambush. I'm unsure.

So long as Connor can keep his Skill consistent, have his Precognition regularly, I guess he wins?
At the very least, feeling pain & their bodies having more points of failure (A broken limb, or a pierced torso means more to either rat individually than to Connor.), so I guess he has the slightly better chance of the 2 sides than the 2 rats in this case?

Match still feels a bit winfarmy to put a guy with a gun against two rats.
Two massive disease ridden rodents which are capable of one shotting certain newer adventurers, if your gonna call the rats weak, least put some respect on their name

guns in dnd range from 1d8 to 2d10, over half of them are worse then the average great sword)
this ain't running on d&d logic though.

And I'd assume that would be because of blackpowder/flintlock nonsense because they're not modern guns.

still feels wrong for this fight.

we're still not running on D&D logic here.
“Dnd logic” isn’t the weapons damage, it’s the rules of their combat, turns, rounds and the like.
A great sword and a revolver being the same damage just tells us that the adventurer can hit with a great sword and deal the same damage a gun would

Two massive disease ridden rodents which are capable of one shotting certain newer adventurers, if your gonna call the rats weak, least put some respect on their name
For what it's worth, @Peppersalt43 claimed in this thread that androids like Connor do not get disease, so the diseases the rats have don't seem like a problem for Connor.

I know, but their my favorite dnd monster I gotta defend their cred against being just “two rats”
That's fair.

I mean, just looking at their profiles:
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses (Have an enhanced sense of smell and have night vision[1]), Natural Weaponry (Use their bite[1] in combat), Disease Manipulation (Their bite inflicts[2] Filth Fever[2]), Claw Mastery (Have the Weapon Finesse[3] feat), Stealth Mastery (Shown here[2]), vary in size from 4 feet [3] tall to Small Size (Type 0; are labelled as a small beast[1]), Resistance to Disease Manipulation (Are immune to their own diseases[2]), Mind Manipulation (All dire animals resist mind manipulation[4]), have all the powers of a Rat (Are oversized rats)

Lifting Strength: Peak Human (A single dire rat should be capable of pushing 350+ kg)

Back