• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mom, the lobsters are starting an uprising again (Yor Briar vs Chuul)

Alright, I put something for Yor and see where it goes

AP: Yor is 5.846 megajoules whilst Chuul is 8.1189 megajoules, so a 1.3x advantage for Chuul, not too great of an advantage tbh

Speed: Combat Speed is equalized so bleh, but from what I seen, Chuul have a much higher reaction as well as a higher combat reflexes and improved initiative, so Chuul has an advantage on speed

LS: Yor's Class 10 is 7753.97122 kg while Chuul is >5400 kg so Yor has the advantage

Stamina: Both got good pain tolerance, Chuul might edge out in this category

Skill: Given the Intelligence section of both, Yor outskill badly in CQC

Range: Both has melee range, although Yor can throw her weapons to increase her range

Other:
  • So Chuul has a resistance to poison, I don't know how effective it is against Yor's poison that can kill an elephant, but Chuul has it. Yor also has Resistance to Poison, being able to resist a martini of blowfish poison where it acted as painkiller for her instead. In conclusion, poison is probably not going to be effective to either combatant until I get some clarification on powerful Chuul's poison is or how good is its resistance to poison.
  • Chuul has Paralysis Inducement, which sounds like a good advantage... until you realized that according to the description, it seems that the paralysis relies on the poison, but since Yor has resistance to poison, I don't think Paralysis Inducement is going to work
  • There is the fact that Chuul is not exactly your typically human and Yor usually does not fight fighters that is not humans. She has fought trained animals such as dogs so that is something, I guess. As long as Chuul as something similar to that of human's vital spots like brain, heart, chin, neck, etc... Yor will be fine going against Chuul although she will have to adjust given it is her first time fighting against something like Chuul
  • Chuul's Extrasensory Perception is useless since Yor doesn't have magic or any energy system at all that resembles magic from D&D. Its enhanced senses would be useful in the night so that's something I suppose
  • Even though Yor has a disadvantage when it comes to speed and AP, but Yor's skill is vastly higher than Chuul, alongside her enhanced senses, extrasensory perception, instinctive reaction, stealth mastery, acrobatics, pressure points (she can knock out a cow despite only knowing human pressure points, I'm sure she can maybe do it with Chuul) and social influencing, she should be fine-ish
  • I don't know anything about the location, so whether either combatant can take advantage of it, I do not know

Overall, I going to vote Best Mom for now, mainly because of her higher skills, higher LS, enhanced senses, extrasensory perception, instinctive reaction, stealth mastery, acrobatics, pressure points and social influencing

• I don't know anything about the location, so whether either combatant can take advantage of it, I do not know
The Chuul is an ambush predator for the most part
A CHUUL lurks in underground lakes, still ponds, dank grottos, and murky cesspools, patiently waiting for prey to happen by.
Chuul Tactics
The chuul hides just below the surface of a murky pool patiently waiting for prey. When the time is right, it emerges quickly, clamps its huge pincers around its foe, and paralyzes the victim with its poisonous mouth tentacles.
The Chuul is meant to get the drop on someone and get them with the claws and poison. But otherwise its basically a relatively smart lobster. Unless the Chuul is smart enough to dip out and hid in water long enough for Yor to try and fight it underwater, it'll behave like any moderately smart animal. Which means its likely going to be utterly rolled by Yor.

I don't know anything about the location, so whether either combatant can take advantage of it, I do not know
Forgot to link it, basically looks like this
The Chuul is meant to get the drop on someone and get them with the claws and poison. But otherwise its basically a relatively smart lobster. Unless the Chuul is smart enough to dip out and hid in water long enough for Yor to try and fight it underwater, it'll behave like any moderately smart animal. Which means its likely going to be utterly rolled by Yor.
Should I remove prior knowledge and line of sight?

This is probably a stomp. Chuul wont get a ambush off either, Yor is going to pinpoint its position via bloodlust sensing

meant that Yor can sense lethal intentions.
Normally I'd argue that something like a Chuul wouldn't have bloodlust or malice since it's a lobster. But Chuul have a geneic memory and an unrelenting hatred for humanoids so it should trigger her sense.

So Chuul has a resistance to poison, I don't know how effective it is against Yor's poison that can kill an elephant, but Chuul has it.
A Chuul is considered roughly on par with an elephant CR wise, but with noted immunity to poison. While I won't NLF it, the Chuul poison immunity would indicate that something lethal or damaging to a elephant would have no effect on a Chuul.
Yor also has Resistance to Poison, being able to resist a martini of blowfish poison where it acted as painkiller for her instead
A giant blowfish (for scale a Large creature is something vaguely horse sized) has a poison rating of 16, while the Chuul has a poison rating of 19.

So in terms of potency it's notably superior to a giant blowfish if that means anything.

As much as it pains me Chuul likely loses this.
It needs a successful melee attack on her for the paralysis and with Yor's skill edge + instinctive reactions she is dodging it.

Heck she likely outranges it in melee since Chuul have below average range for what their size would indicate so she could easily zone it out

Yeah Chuul probably loses if she's got sufficient resistance to poison.

And just to get this concluded

Best Mom FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back