• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yogiri Takatou vs Lelouch Vi Britannia

Pretty sure Yogiri takes this

ID is faster especially since Lelouch needs his opponent to look into his eyes

It requires Yogiri to look into his eyes as opposed to just using instant death which was fast enough to activate before an infinite speed creature could do anything to him

Paul Frank said:
It requires Yogiri to look into his eyes as opposed to just using instant death which was fast enough to activate before an infinite speed creature could do anything to him
Speed Equal so that speed feat is outta the window.

Looking is again a passive effect. Looking at your opponent is a sub-conscious effect which means it is faster than any thought process.

Looking into the eyes of your opponent is not a subconscious effect and is not faster than any thought process

I brought up that speed thing because that means instant death is basically passive

EmperorDoom25 said:
He still has to activate the Geass via thought
I know, that's why it's inconc. But it is assumed that the opponent will be looking into someone's eyes, because it is a stretch to say that anyone will activate thought based actions without having his opponent in his field of vision at all.

I know, that's why it's inconc. But it is assumed that the opponent will be looking into someone's eyes, because it is a stretch to say that anyone will activate thought based actions without having his opponent in his field of vision at all.

Yogiri actually does that all of the time. In fact, his Low 2-C feat is just him casually using ID against an unknown threat via sensing their intent to harm him.

Yes, but this is not some dude hiding from him. This is literally someone right in front of him. Unless Yogiri is the type to consciously close his eyes or turn the other direction for no reason when his opponent is right in front of him.

According to Lelouch's page, it does mentioned that he need eye contact for his Geass to mind control a person. Even his weakness and notable abilites/techniques clarified on this.

No. The other person has to see Lelouch's eyes. That's why he could use it through a tv screen iirc.

Also, Yogiri could null Geass and kill Lelouch at the same time. If Geass has actually been downgraded from 2-A.

YungManzi said:
No. The other person has to see Lelouch's eyes. That's why he could use it through a tv screen iirc.

Also, Yogiri could null Geass and kill Lelouch at the same time. If Geass has actually been downgraded from 2-A.
It is literally stated this in Lelouch's own profile. So it works vice versa in this case. The opponent need to see his eyes and the same can say for Lelouch as he need eye contact to mind control them.

"Weaknesses: Lelouch is arrogant, volatile, and emotionally unstable. His Geass needs eye contact to work and can only be used on the same person once. In addition, a strong enough will can briefly resist its effects. He eventually is unable to deactivate his Geass, as well. He is unathletic and has very limited stamina and constitution."

YungManzi said:

Looking through a T.V screen isn't Lelouch looking directly at someone's eyes.

I never claimed tghat his power was activated by looking directly into someones eyes. I stated that it's the opposite and it doesn't have to be direct at all.

@Yung

Looking at a depowered TV screen isn't a good example though given how it will reflect the image off which isn't clear per se all the time. Also if the TV is on, then that mean he is directly on the TV screen with Geass activated so that argument is rather weak since the person he intends to mind control will be staring directly at him on the screen while he is broadcasting.

YungManzi said:
I have no idea what you're trying to say @Hammer
The argument you using for Lelouch using a TV Screen with Geass activated is a poor one given how anyone looking at the TV Screen will also be affected just by looking at his eyes. Literally a weak argument as it is definitely a direct eye contact case for Lelouch here.

What?

I think you're confusion is also confusing me.

Looking at a somneone's eyes on a TV screen isn't direct eye contact. It's the complete opposite of direct, how could you even argue against that point?

"as it is definitely a direct eye contact for Lelouch here."

^I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that people have to look at Lelouch's eyes or he has to look at their eyes?

This is a flawed logic given how the eye of the person staring at the TV Screen with Lelouch (Geass Activated) is really a straightforward way to looking at the eyes of Lelouch himself. This is a hasty generalization especially you are proving the opposite of what you just say. I failed to see how that is not a way of direct eye contact given the eyes are not narrow sighted anyway.

In Lelouch's case, it is both. The person has to look at his eyes and if they refuse to look at his eyes, he has to look at their eyes in some way to mind control.

Not the direct eyecontact thing though, but whatever. Don't feel like arguing it, especially since it's not relevant to this battle.

YungManzi said:
Not the direct eyecontact thing though, but whatever. Don't feel like arguing it, especially since it's not relevant to this battle.
Have you ever stare at a commercial with a person in it and the person is looking directly at your own eyes while you watch the commercial? The same thing applies here. It has to do with the eye's field of vision after all.

Anyway I kinda seeing how flawed this logic of yours are with this kind of reasoning.

Hmm there are things contradicting that though. Since glasses, contacts, see through helmets, all block the geass, just the tv screen doesn't.

Didn't all of those feats of geass being blocked by those stuff happen before Lelouch's bullsh*t powerup?

His geass is much more powerful EOS than it is throughout most of season 1.

Given that Lelouch actually required an action to be taken regardless of how quick it is, I think ID would activated before whatever action Lelouch can take? His passive ID activated if an action that could lead to his dead is even going to be executed, like when that one guy trying to determine the limit of his ability and he found out that there's no problem aiming a gun at Yogiri, but the moment one put his finger on the trigger of said gun he is dead, or when the Heavenly Eater about to go Super Nova out of fear and he die before the Super Nova could go off thus cancelled it.

So... I vote for Yogiri

Back