• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yoda vs Ozpin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oie transparent Ozpin
But perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten. Things that require a smaller, more honest soul

Yoda Clone Wars
Legends Yoda vs 100,000,000,000 Ozpin's

Just joking, this is Canon Yoda vs Prime Ozpin, High 7-A for both

Speed unequalized unless necessary (it isn't from how I can judge)

Does Canon Yoda even have combat applicable mind hax? Also, Ozpin has thousands of years of combat experience as opposed to Yodas 900

WeeklyBattles said:
Does Canon Yoda even have combat applicable mind hax? Also, Ozpin has thousands of years of combat experience as opposed to Yodas 900
He does, but I'm not sure how effective it is.

To be honest, I don't think experience is a factor here given you can only have so much before it's ingrained into muscle memory. Besides, both of them were defeated by characters much, much younger than them (Sidious is even younger than Dooku, and there's Cinder)

Also, High 7-A Ozpin page is currently being updated, he has all the maidens powers in that form, including telekinesis

/yoda voice

Hmm, good matchup I see.

In all seriousness, this would probably be very close, but that is probably because I can wank both lol.

@Kink Look at Amber's profile. This version has all her powers but better (minus the dust staff stuff)

Okay, according to Ever, Canon Yoda's mind hax isnt really enough to have that much of an effect in this fight

No, at least, not at first. Lightsabers cant cut through forcefields so he'd have to manually get through Ozpin Aura to be able to seriously harm him

Always found it stupid how Jedi could cut through hordes of droids but struggle then with the rolling shield guys.

I didn't know that weakness was a thing out of the verse, it seems like the equivalent of superheroes like Spiderman and > being damaged by bullets.

Yeah but how isn't this just a case of "I have no idea how powerful my characters are"? We also see Jedi wasting time by slowly cutting some metals instead of hitting them and those forcefields have the durability to be broken by having big rocks falling into them. (If I'm wrong, which I probably am, then sorry.)

My pain.

Anyway, Yoda's better experience+Force Precognition as well as having a superior weapon should give him an edge in CQC, but Ozpin's vastly wide area of elemental attacks and the fact that he has all the maiden powers in his possession make him much better at ranged.

Voting inconclusive for this reason.

Eficiente said:
those forcefields have the durability to be broken by having big rocks falling into them. (If I'm wrong, which I probably am, then sorry.)
Droideka shields can take physical forces only to a certain point. They were designed to be effective against directed energy weapons (i.e. plasma based weapons) as well as faster moving physical projectiles. A big boulder falling on them is beyond the tolerance limit for their shielding. And they can stop lightsabers simply due to the property of the shield - strong enough electromagnetic field to repel a lightsaber's plasma blade.

One strange thing though: There is a weak point at the very top point of their shield which will allow a lightsaber to pass through (it's a small point so it has to be a thrust and not a slash/chop).

I know. It's weird. Trying to figure out shielding in Star Wars can give one major headaches.

In fairness, was it ever stated that Ozpin prime has fighting experience with the elemental powers? The story implies that he was a hermit for most of his first life until he gave away his powers.

i will go with ozpin, because of elemental manipulation(what yoda can do to resist being frozen?)

this one's hard, tho.(thats what she said)

BananaMan360 said:
i will go with ozpin, because of elemental manipulation(what yoda can do to resist being frozen?)

this one's hard, tho.(thats what she said)
Yoda can just blow back, Crush or remove the ice from him via telekinesis.

Also, he still has tutaminis which can allow him to absorb, redirect and reflect energy

Vader uses Force stasis at one point in a canon novel (I think it was Battlefront: Twilight Company) and Kylo Ren can use it even though his training is incomplete. Yoda should be more than capable of such. In fact, he once used it on Asajj Ventress and ripped her lightsabers right out of her hands in TCW (first season).

Yoda's mind manipulation in Canon should not be strong enough to be a factor in this fight. He'd need to focus for a couple of seconds anyway. That is time that Ozpin will not grant him.

This is all I could find for Canon Yoda's Force Powers:

He was also able to absorb and deflect Darth Tyranus's Force Lightning with ease and could even absorb and redirect the incredibly powerful Darth Sidious's Force Lightning, although not without noticeable effort.

Yoda was also shown to be considerably adept in Telekinesis as he could easily telekinetically toss aside metal pieces and stone slabs hurled at him by Tyranus in mid-air, catch Sidious off guard with a powerful Force Push as well as stop a Senate hoverpod thrown at him by Sidious and send it back to the Dark Lord. In order to teach Luke Skywalker that anything was possible with the Force, Yoda levitated his student's sunken T-65B X-wing starfighter out of the swamp of Dagobah and onto dry land.

During the trial of Quinlan Vos, Yoda revealed that he could uncover the alignment of a Force-user just by touching them—stating that the Force had permitted him to read the history of a soul. While physically isolated on Dagobah, Yoda was able to see other Jedi that were active in the Force; he could not see one that had forsaken the ways of the Jedi. He could keep in mental contact with the Jedi Temples across the galaxy, and telepathically converse with any Jedi within them.

Yoda was able to actively have Force Visions and was not limited to spontaneous visions. However, he understood that Force prophecy was not absolute and that the future was always in motion.His visions led him to foresee the fall of the Jedi in the Clone Wars and even his own death.

As a Force spirit, Yoda showed the power to summon a strike of lightning.

@Firestorm808

Yoda also hurls a living mountain in a canon comic. Also blocks a punch from said living mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back