• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach vs Ikora Rey (Destiny)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ikora can't see Yhwach?

What's stopping Yhwach (invisible) to fly up in the air and use Licht Regen (ÕàëÒü«Úø¿ (Òâ¬ÒâÆÒâêÒâ╗Òâ¼Òâ╝Òé▓Òâ│), rihito rēgen; German for "Light Rain", Japanese for "Rain of Light") is a technique used to fire thousands of Soul Destruction Arrows down on her from an unknown location?

Or worst clone himself and to this plus his clones turn into invicible Ikora's with her powers, memories and stats and shot her from the ground while he attacks from the air?

Firephoenixearl said:
Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
"Yhwach can't power null Ikora due to type 4 acausality."

His power-nullification isn't fate manipulation it's an aspect of the Almighty which has a shit-ton of abilities besides fate manipulation, so why would that stop it? she herself doesn't have resistance and power null isn't affected by that since it works from the current moment into the far flung future. So he just needs to physically look at her.
N-no. His power null is basically "im immune to anything i see in the future". He "cannot" see her future. That's what im saying, for his power null to work it needs to see the abilities she uses in the future, which he can't.
It isn't based on his future sight, like I said before Almighty isn't fate manipulation. It's just Yhwach's favorite aspect of it based on what we know. Seeing the future only amplifies it. He can see everything from the current moment into the far flung future. His power nullification is one with his reactive evolution. Also he has 3 other ways to just steal her powers, and has every form of absorption which is an option.

@Apple

- She doesn't need her soul to function.

- I already asked Paul for more information about that.

I don't think the yourself was really explained that well the user is just able to turn into someone else with all of their powers experience and knowledge

@Sigurd

The Light has been depicted as very hard to absorb and/or copy though.

Ghosts are suprisingly hard to kill and he has to find it first.

WHYNAUT said:
@Sigurd
What do you mean? he doesn't need to absorb The Light itself. He could just absorb Ikora and the Ghost in every possible way or even give her a piece of his soul if she somehow touches him even though he's invisible which will be very bad for her... Outside of that the Ghost likely get's passively disintegrated which pretty much already nulls her since The Ghost is her link the light like every other Guardian. Yhwach has way more win conditions and has the massive advantage. He can even just BFR her to any of the locations on Bleach and she dies there lol since physical matter cannot exist in those realms.

> Ghosts are suprisingly hard to kill and he has to find it first.

They're not, especially for an invisible man with Kilometer to Planetary range. Unless you want to argue Ikora's ghost is usually outside of that range because not every ghost behaves the same and you'll need evidence for this.

I'm not saying that Ikora has the advantage I'm just trying to clear up what will and won't work. The Ghost isn't anywhere near the battle so what ability would make the Ghost disintegrate?

WHYNAUT said:
I'm not saying that Ikora has the advantage I'm just trying to clear up what will and won't work. The Ghost isn't anywhere near the battle so what ability would make the Ghost disintegrate?
SBA says they're near each other unless specificed. also like I said above i'm gonna need a citation for that regarding Ikora's ghost because like I said they're not all the same.

WHYNAUT said:
This is false while at the same time true. The Ghost while in combat is either floating alongside the guardian or inside their body.

Firephoenixearl said:
*True he can set traps
  • Uhm...causality manip and precog....against acasual type 4......no.
  • Are you assuming he's gonna see any power in the future?
  • Not if she's the one who power nulls him because you know...her actions exist outside of his control
That's all i had to say about his powers. Just the first 4 ones @Applelord
Yhwach is resistant to fate manipulation and precog after absorbing Mimihagi who had the power of "Stillness" and Yhwach absorbing him and his powers. (He became shock once he realized this guy was immune to his precog and fate manipulation.)

He is resistant to Casuality since the god of death that named everything in the afterlife, Ichibei cloack Yhwach in darkness and remove all of his powers, and gave him the name, stats and power of an ant. Almighty said NOPE and negate his powers. (His powers aloud Ichibei to give power to everything he named. Example He could named you chair and you become as fragile as a chair. Can also cut your abilities and stats in half. Yhwach still said nope without using Almighty.)

WHYNAUT said:
@Sigurd

Ghosts are suprisingly hard to kill and he has to find it first.
If you kept reading, Yhwach can manipulate Darkness & Light with his hands or mind. Bullets and Void attacks aren't reaching him.

It is unknown where Ikora's Ghost goes to when she's incombat. It is however a fact that all Ghosts have durability and resistances similar to their Guardians. Every time a Ghost was killed, it was killed by something that was also deadly to Guardians and they often operate on the field while fire fights are going on and don't simply get shot down by the enemies.

The Rifleman even used a special Hive-related bullet in order to kill Cayde-6's Ghost despite the fact that he should be powerful enough to harm Cayde-6 with his normal bullets.

Void attacks aren't related to light or darkness though. They're literally a void that erases people.

WHYNAUT said:
Void attacks aren't related to light or darkness though. They're literally a void that erases people.
ƒÿ▓ That's the whole context of Destiny Darkness vs The Light. Can your provide a link that describes Void not been Darkness manipulation?

The Darkness and the Light aren't literal darkness and light, they're cosmic (possibly higher dimensional) forces that are in a constant struggle, so that's not really relevant

WHYNAUT said:
The Darkness and the Light aren't literal darkness and light, they're cosmic (possibly higher dimensional) forces that are in a constant struggle, so that's not really relevant
Headcanon or actual info? Give me a link to the grimoire.

Actual info. I may give some links later on, but it has already been established that Yhwach can take down Ikora anyway. So now the more important question is: Does Ikora have any win conditions?

In actually interested in that info since I used to play Destiny, bought Destiny 2 and all the DLC but never play them. To busy. A quick read could bring me up to speed.

Acausality type 4 means she resists precognition. So even if Yhwach chooses a future in which think she's not punching him, she just says "screw it" to Yhwach's precog and punches him regardless.

Powernull also requires Yhwach to actually see her abilities with precog, so it's not going to work regardless.

No he can powernull things he sees in the present as well. He also has like 4 versions of power sealing so

She could probably kill him with Thorn, but I don't think we should give that gun around to every guardian considering how it usually doesn't affect them too well.

She wouldn't. Also I don't think her acausality would inherently stop him from ressurecting, since he could alter his location without altering anything of her.

Not really, I'll cloee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back