• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Antvasima Difference is Archie Sonic comics make it clear that they're nigh-unstoppable with several people in-continuity commenting on their invulnerability, I even have the scans listed with it. The two continuities are vastly different.

Dark649 also seemed to agree with it.

The only times Super Forms were harmed (As in lose rings for context) is only if a character has the same power source as them. Hence why Egg Salamander and Solaris was able to harm the likes like Super Sonic. And Chaos Energy is very dependant on the user too. Some of which like Shadow who supposedly died from his Super State, Emerl overclocked when he had all 7 seven and Sonic had to go all out to stop him (only time Sonic didn't hold back), or Chaos who only absorbed the negative energy of the Emeralds and positive>negative. Plus most of the time, it has shown that the Super Forms are invulnerable more than not being invulnerable. So giving the Super States nigh-invulnerability isn't a stretch.

Also the Perfect Dark Gaia fight was extreme PIS just to make the game harder than it should be and to give us a sad ending for Chip.

Well, the problem is that invulnerable means that you cannot be harmed at all by anything whatsoever, not just beings that are roughly comparable to yourself in terms of raw power.

@Ant I can't speak for the games, but I'm pretty sure the Archie Comics specifically don't contradict invulnerability whatsoever aside from a non-canon dark timeline.

Antvasima said:
Well, the problem is that invulnerable means that you cannot be harmed at all by anything whatsoever, not just beings that are roughly comparable to yourself in terms of raw power.
Should this only apply to tier 0 characters or be a no-limits fallacy otherwise?

I am uncertain. Games sometimes have modes when a character genuinely cannot be harmed by anything within the game in question, and it seems like the Sonic comics have adapted this attribute.

Under Dark649's permission, I've added notes onto both Archie Sonic pages clarifying their invulnerability to avoid issues.

I think that shows that people with comparable/stronger power can harm them, but those that are weaker can't.

We might need a CRT later on focused solely on that, but everything else aside the Game Land stuff seems to be accepted.

Yeah a CRT should be made only for the invulnerability. I believe they should be invulnerable since the only times they were shown to be hurt was by people utilizing the same power source as them.

What do you think Dark649? If characters with comparable power can harm them, it does not seem like invulnerability to me.

Wait...so what you're saying is that even though both, let's just say Sonic and Shadow, uses the Chaos Emeralds to go Super, they can't be invulnerable cause they can harm each other and while nobody else can't via lore?

Archie Metal Overlord likely can harm them, said being is not powered by Chaos Emeralds.

@Dark Wouldn't that be game mechanics? Rings are only mentioned in-canon once for a throwaway line in Generations.

The thing with Archie Metal Overlord seems like speculation. If anything, that would be a Post-Gen only sort of thing due to Metal Overlord not even existing in the Pre-Gen continuity.

Wow, good to know. Still, we don't really know what happened between them. I think it's as simple as a line trying to reference the games, but I think it's just not detailed enough to really assume anything from it.

So should invulnerability be removed from the profiles, and if so, is somebody willing to handle it?

Thank you for being so constantly reliable.

While I'm neutral on the Game continuity, I do still think Pre-Genesis Sonic should keep the invulnerability due to constant in-universe statements as well as his fight with Enerjak. Post-Gen is more debatable.

I have done the changes, i also think the whole Invulnerabilty stuff should be discussed again and revised.

@Dark649

You can start a thread about it in the staff forum if you wish.

So, is this particular thread finished now?

@Ant Everything in the OP still needs to be added, but I won't be able to help right now. I can help later though if it's still not handled.

Dark649 said:
In most games when the Super char. like Sonic and Shadow are attacked, they are simply pushed back losing rings.
Pushed back is in a sense of challenging the player to play "catch up". And only like a few games is where the Sonic characters lose rings when getting hit and when they do, it has to do something about the context of the story or PIS.

Back