• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet Another MLP (Mostly Discord) Ability CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, here we are again. I have thought of a few more powers to add to certain members of the cast today, mainly for Twilight, Trixie, and of course, Mr. Infinite Powers Discord.

Ok so first off Discord should get Toon Force as in the show, lots of random stuff seems to happen around Discord without his direct input, that and his RW in general is more akin to Toon Force due to how he uses it to be funny.

Next, Discord should have Natural Weaponry due to both of his hands having claws at the end of them.

Another easy one, Discord should have Type 3 Immortality due to having Mid-High Regenerationn.

Discord should also possess Durability Negation due to several of his powers like Matter Manipulation, Transmutation, Existence Erasure, etc. all naturally negate durability on their own.

Next up, Discord should get Morality Manipulation since he was able to turn the Mane 6 to the opposite of their true selves and slowly make them turn on each other.

A simpler one, Discord should get Ice Manipulation for freezing a lake in Keep Calm and Flutter On.

This is probably the trickiest one, but Twilight, Trixie, and of course, Discord should all get Non-Physical Interaction. Twilight was able to turn other ponies intangible and interact with them in Inspiration Manifestation, Trixie grabbed a rainbow RD made and wrapped it around her, and Discord could affect Sombra's magic during their battle and was able to grab and hold a piece of magic before giving it to Tirek.

Welp, that's all I got for now. If anyone else knows of any powers that could be added to this list, feel free to say so below.

All seems good although I'm quite iffy Discord's Non-Physical Interaction. He was more so transmutating/negating Sombra's magic, and the part where he summoned magic was more so energy manipulation.

EMagoIorSouI said:
All seems good although I'm quite iffy Discord's Non-Physical Interaction. He was more so transmutating/negating Sombra's magic, and the part where he summoned magic was more so energy manipulation.
Yeah, but he's still transmuting raw energy. A better example is Starlight shooting Discord's ghost and giving him his body.

I suppose that this seems fine to me, but more input wouldn't hurt before applying it.

Can you summarise the discussion and the conclusions please?

Antvasima said:
Can you summarise the discussion and the conclusions please?
Basically I think the Rainbow Power should be given the same abilities as the Magic of Friendship.

Twilight Sparkle: You're wrong Tirek! I may have given you my Alicorn magic, but I carry within me the most powerful magic of all!
She's pretty obviously referring to the Rainbow Power as the Magic of Friendship. Referring to it as the same power she used every other time she used it. It fires the same Rainbow Beam, it uses the exact same magic, is stated and considered to be the exact same magic, and is activated by the Mane 6 using a key which corresponds to the Element they embody, which directly implies a strong link to the MoF. Really, the only difference is that it's a transformation and maybe more powerful than normal. But other than that, it's literally described as the same power.

Then you have Luna's Nightmare where the Mane 6 purify Nightmare Moon with the Rainbow Power. Now yes, this was a dream but consider the following: Luna clearly came to the conclusion that Rainbow Power can do what the MoF can do. The fact that the writers had them used in such a way, even if only in a dream, suggests that they also think of the Rainbow Power as not much different from the MoF in terms of ability. They could have had the Mane 6 use the EoH but they had them use Rainbow Power instead. Authorial intent plays a big role here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back