• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yang Xiao Long vs Zoro Roronoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this Zoro have precognition?

Anyway, I go with Zoro because of better skill, intelligence and stamina. Also, does he have his ranged slashes here?

Zoro at this point is not that skilled. He's experience fighting different enemies is not good.

Yeah Roronoa can use his 108 Pound canon in this version I believe, but Yang can also shoot ranged projectiles with her Celica.

She also has very high stamina and has better fighting skills from up close.

What seals the deal for me is that Yang's Semblance will become a great problem for Roronoa as the fight continues. Every hit she takes makes her stronger and faster. She has attack advantage over him and soon he'll become overwhelmed.

Yang wins this for me.

Okay, Zoro definitely seems like he has better stamina and tenacity. I don't think punches are going to put him down. And where does Yang have better fighting skills come from? Zoro utilizes three swords, which are all sharp objects and will make any attack inflicted on her more damaging than the ones she does to him. Coupled with Yang susceptible to running out of her semblance (or is it aura) and Zoro's better intelligence, I still give it to him.

Not really on the stamina. This Zoro was getting downed by Cabaji with a kick and against Mr.1 he had a lot of trouble.

Yang can deflect his sword strikes with her gauntlets. She's also way more maneuverable than him since she can position herself with the kinetic energy released by her gauntlets. Also he lacks range attacks at this point.

Going with Yang.

Against RWBY characters sharp objects are basically blunt objects until their aura falls so Yang doesn't even need to always reflect the attacks with her gauntlets.

So I got

2 Votes for Yang

Burning Full Fingers do you change opinion based on what was said? How about the other commenters, would you like to give vote?

That sounds like the reiatsu stuff from Bleach. Does that mean that Ruby can't hurt characters on her level with her scythe?

Anyway, I didn't know Yang could deflect strikes with her gauntlets. Though Zoro uses three swords, so if he attacks at the same time with them or in very quick succession or in an unpredictable manner. He was able to defeat someone who had six swords and landed hits on him taking his arms off so I don't see any particular problems with Yang's gauntlets. He could probably break through them with sufficient force. Also, I read Zoro's page and he does have ranged slashes with his pound cannon. I don't know about what you said of Zoro getting downed with a kick but his page says he took several attacks from Bones and Enel. I remember he fought against the Takohachi Black dude while he was injured and feeling feverish to the point that he couldn't catch the swords that those fodders threw to him and he still managed to defeat the dude even when he attacked him in the same spot that re-opened his wound and almost caused him to faint or something (can't remember but I know he was in a bad shape). Now, if I'm correct, his personal swords should be much better than the ones given to him to fight the octopus dude and he managed to deflect his attacks and destroy his six swords taking him down shortly after while weakened. So, I still go for Zoro. He was also capable of dodging strikes from the guy in the air or something while successfully landing a hit on him (correct me as I'm pretty much relying on the little details I can remember from the fight). In his peak condition with his normal swords, he should be able to be capable of doing much better than this. I think he can hold out until Yang's aura depletes and she becomes incapacitated or sufficiently weakened enough for him to take her out. Also, doesn't Tatsumaki count as a ranged attack?

@Josif

I still go with Zoro.

He didn't have ranged slashes up until he got the 108 Pound Canon (the Zoro used here doesn't have that) and the Tatsumaki he used against Hatchan was for close range.

Bones almost killed him and Zoro collapsed after the fight. The Enel period isn't included here since OP said this is Zoro up to Alabasta. That's why I'm saying he doesn't have sufficient experience and training at this point.

Zoro had a lot of trouble handling Bones' martial skills that's why I'm saying he'll have difficulty fighting Yang.

Ruby can hurt people her level with her scythe, what I was saying was that because of aura, every attack against a Rwby character is a blunt attack until their aura falls. Ruby's scythe is a sharp weapon and acts as one, but if it hits someone with their aura on then it's a blunt impact and not a slice. Sorry if there was any confusion I did state that a bit poorly earlier. And really if aura falls they just lose their semblance, but their ap, speed, and Dura remain the same. So my example earlier with Ruby hitting someone with her scythe, it will cut them like a normal scythe with their aura down, but she won't one-shot them (unless she like cuts them in half or hits a vital obviously). So really Yang losing her aura just means she is still a normal fighter, but can take grievous wounds. This means for Zoro to beat her he has to take down her aura without receiving any fatal wounds (the closer he gets the harder, as Yang with low aura will hit incredibly hard), and then inflict a fatal wound on Yang. I don't see that happening.

The last time I saw Yang deal with someone with a blade she got her arm cut off. Just want to point that out. And Zoro should be more experienced than her anyway and more ruthless. Range isn't really an issue since last we checked Zoro deflected bullets before. At least from what I remember

@COB Thats not really a fair comparison considering not only is Adam much stronger than Yang without using his Semblance, but Yang's Aura was low and Adam's Semblance was active as he used it to somewhat enhance his attack by absorbing the energy of the bullets he blocked when Blake shot at him...

They're just bullets and I doubt they're on that much of a level since I recall Blake being surprised by Adam's arrival. Unless they're CB to MCB bullets they shouldn't be big enough to really enhance his attack unlike that one in the trailer. It would be more believable if he blocked something like the likes of a huge energy blast like that robot in Blake's trailer or direct attacks from Blake. And Yang only took down several Grimm. Not an entire army. Either way Zoro has the advantage of not running out of aura either.

This is Zoro up to Alabasta arc, their experience in battle is very close. And he's not ruthless as well, he has shown pity to opponents and it's not like he kills without a thought.

Isnt the standard conditions for a fight being to the death? Ruthless may not have been the right word. But either way Zoro started off training as a kid and he's pretty old compared to Yang. Thats why theres kinda a big difference between their age and exp. Gtgrn

@COB Bullets that can damage MCB level characters...

Yang still has a decent AP and durability advantage since she scales to Weiss' 227 tons feat vs Zoro who scales to Luffy's 167 tons feat on top of her power increase with her semblance, better range game, and until her aura goes down Zoro's blades might hurt a bit but they wont be lethal, and his attacks will just be making her stronger.

Also just a heads up, Zoro is only 19 in this fight, Yang is 17

Anyways, i'll give this to Yang with mid-high difficulty for the reasons i listed and the reasons above

So there is

1 Vote for Zoro

5 Votes for Yang

I need to confirm CoreOfimBalance(COB) vote before adding it.

Oh I'm not voting, personally think it's a tie and I just wanted to inform both parties of the above issue. Anyway the same argument for me still stands regardless anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back