• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yang Xiao Long vs Nami

Summary: Which one of these fiery tempered girls will win a all out battle to the death, Nami the Navigator or Yang the Puncher.

Mindset: Bloodlusted

Speed: Equal

Distance: Melee

Versions: Vol 5 Yang and Post-Skip Nami

Votes:

Yang:

Nami: 2

ill give this to nami due to yang having to cross several houndreds of meters before nami makes illusions and a thunderstorm

Yeah aftertaste thinking about this I'm voting for Nami via much higher AP and a pretty big experience advantage and this is evident from East Blue all the way to Whole Cake and being able to fight CP9 agent's.

As soon as she gets any feat during the Whole Cake arc she's supposed to be upgraded accordingly, at least thats what ive been told

Well Whole Cake is ending soon so I'm unsure if she'll get any feats and it really depends on the magnitude of the feat. Who told you about this?

Ah, well I can't say for sure but I strongly doubt she'll get any good feats in Whole Cake. Buuuut this might be a one shot since Name should be well above 300 tons.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dont namis attacks take time to set up though?

her thunder attacks take a few seconds to charge after which she can make them stronger with more time, plus mini tornado to keep yang away and a few hounreds to cross should give enough time

Dozens? Why is it only listed as dozens? Her gauntlets have an effective range comparable to Crescent Rose, everyones weapons from team RWBY does, team JNPR too

WeeklyBattles said:
Dozens? Why is it only listed as dozens? Her gauntlets have an effective range comparable to Crescent Rose, everyones weapons from team RWBY does, team JNPR too
hell if i know, darui had at least dozins of meters range and homing attacks and he was a few meters. still, i doubt yang uses them for long range and nami could dodge them

Yes, Yang uses them for long range, her fight with the Malachite Twins, the Nevermore, and Team FNKI all show that she does

I'll fix her profile

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes, Yang uses them for long range, her fight with the Malachite Twins, the Nevermore, and Team FNKI all show that she does
I'll fix her profile

but she was whitin dozins of meters range there, and she first went into h2h

Then whats stopping Yang from hitting her with one of her ranged attacks?

Edit: Wait, theyre in melee range to each other, why is everyone saying theyre starting far away from each other?

From what ive seen of Nami, Yang would dominate her in cqc

Also Yang is fast enough to be able to dodge her lightning

WeeklyBattles said:
From what ive seen of Nami, Yang would dominate her in cqc
Also Yang is fast enough to be able to dodge her lightning

the second, its aoe attack, covering range, and speed is equal, so dont bring up speed

Unless they can be cast instantly theyre not going to be of much help, even less help considering her partner on team RWBY specializes in making illusory copies

WeeklyBattles said:
Unless they can be cast instantly theyre not going to be of much help, even less help considering her partner on team RWBY specializes in making illusory copies

namis illusions are capable of moving around and can make fake attacks

and are instantenius

Back