• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yang Xiao Long vs Hinata Hyuuga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightning can't though. All the character have gotten injured before with Aura on but it's still a shield covering them

Nico-v11 said:
Lightning can't though. All the character have gotten injured before with Aura on but it's still a shield covering them
but lighting affected ren like a taser in season 3

It didn't drain his aura or anything. Electricity can be sent through your whole body and you feel the impact but it didn't completely affect him.

So basically what I'm saying is that it hurt him but it didn't have the full effect on him. Not breaking the Aura (if it had he would have been out).

Characters get punched and shot at a lot but their auras don't break, they still get hurt but that doesn't mean they got past the aura.

It's superficial damage, not internal.

So they can still be hurt through their barrier is what you are saying. Meaning that Hinatas attacks wil be doing partial damage.

Very partial. Like RWBY characters can take a bullet to the face and the aura will deflect the bullet, however the impact of said bullet is still going to hurt.

Like a bullet proof vest, stops the bullet but you're still going to get hurt.

Hinata's punches will be punches but the chakra won't get across the aura

Nico-v11 said:
Very partial. Like RWBY characters can take a bullet to the face and the aura will deflect the bullet, however the impact of said bullet is still going to hurt.
Like a bullet proof vest, stops the bullet but you're still going to get hurt.

Hinata's punches will be punches but the chakra won't get across the aura
like, what? bullets are actual objects, if electricity got through (and it did, or else ren wouldent have acted like when tasered) than chakra can as well

It did NOT get through. You feel it but it's not actually hurting you. He had no burn marks or lasting damage on him. Electricity flows so he felt pain throughout his body, doesn't mean it got through the aura

Nico-v11 said:
It did NOT get through. You feel it but it's not actually hurting you. He had no burn marks or lasting damage on him. Electricity flows so he felt pain throughout his body, doesn't mean it got through the aura
dude, he reacted like peapole react to tasers, not pai

That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. People feel pain when they are tased. Electricity produces pain, a different kind of pain but still pain.

Nico-v11 said:
That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. People feel pain when they are tased. Electricity produces pain, a different kind of pain but still pain.

yes, and i didnt say anything against that, i said that hes reaction was that of someone being tased, not that of someone in pain

and you do know that for him to feel enough pain to fall from electricity it would need to get to his nerves right?

His reaction was that of someone that was tased, therefore his reaction was that of someone in pain.

The electricity would not get to his nerves due to there being a shield blocking it (aura) but the electricity would still be felt all around his body which means he'd have the same effect. There's no proof that it hit his nerves or not

Nico-v11 said:
His reaction was that of someone that was tased, therefore his reaction was that of someone in pain.
The electricity would not get to his nerves due to there being a shield blocking it (aura) but the electricity would still be felt all around his body which means he'd have the same effect. There's no proof that it hit his nerves or not
first off, somronr that gets tased act differently because they muscles tense outside of they controll, making them fall, and spasm to different exetenct, pain doesent do that

second, if electricity goed around his body hes nerves wouldent have pruduced nowhere near the amount of pain that someone avarage needs to fall backwards while yelping like ren did

if you belive tasers work by pain than let me tell you that you are wrong

The stun gun is designed to key into the nervous system. It dumps its energy into the muscles at a high pulse frequency that makes the muscles work very rapidly, but not efficiently.

Regardless it's not proof that it gets through aura. Since it's described as a force field that blocks. Perhaps it is possible for Ren to have been affected by the electricity, felt the pain and fallen back without necessarily it hitting the nerves.

According to the show electricity should not get through. So the show may not be scientifically accurate but that's how it works

Nico-v11 said:
Regardless it's not proof that it gets through aura. Since it's described as a force field that blocks. Perhaps it is possible for Ren to have been affected by the electricity, felt the pain and fallen back without necessarily it hitting the nerves.
According to the show electricity should not get through. So the show may not be scientifically accurate but that's how it works
first, it is not possible to feel pain whitout something triggering them, second, where does it say that energy cant get through it? they can eat and feel just fine despite those needing direct contact, and the heat itself does obviusly get through the aura.

so, where does it say that energy baed attacks cant get through?

Dust is considered energy (it's in a World of Remnant video).

They can turn they're aura on and off. Yeah that's explained in Volume 5

Nico-v11 said:
Dust is considered energy (it's in a World of Remnant video).
They can turn they're aura on and off. Yeah that's explained in Volume 5

as explained by them eventualy it becomes passive once you get good enough with it, and where does it say it blocks energy, dust is an enegy source, and the only times they were faced with actual energies are when ren got electrocuted, and i already explained tha, when qrow was, and he was swatted away before we could see his reaction, and nora, who absorbed it (though withher bones were visible during hasel fight)

Nora doesn't count her semblance is literally about electricity. Electricity in terms of physics is not energy, it is matter. No aura does not become passive; it can be used as if it were but that's been proven over and over again to not be true. Vernal getting killed by Cinder, was surprised and her aura did not protect her (you still have to turn it on).

Nico-v11 said:
Nora doesn't count her semblance is literally about electricity. Electricity in terms of physics is not energy, it is matter. No aura does not become passive; it can be used as if it were but that's been proven over and over again to not be true. Vernal getting killed by Cinder, was surprised and her aura did not protect her (you still have to turn it on).
and if matter can get through aura than enrggy cannot on what basis? and they define it as a second nature, i assumed that it can. vernal isnt even close to cinder, and as adam has shown, aura can be overpowered easly.

and again, if it couldent stop kinetic energy, why could it stop chakra?

It stops kinetic energy all the time and I keep telling you that it electricity did not get through. Unless broken nothing in RWBY gets through.

We never saw Vernal's aura break. Oscar turned it on/off. Sun got hurt by Ilia and his aura wasn't broken (meaning he didn't have it on in that moment), was again surprised. Sienna Khan (possibly had aura) was surprised then killed. Hazel was stabbed from his back by Weiss yet no aura broke, later stated that he still had plenty of Aura left.

You have to manually turn it on or off so if they are surprised then they can possibly not have Aura on in that moment

yeah, thats why it hurts when they are hit, or yang was knocked out, or why ren yelped when electrified. oh, and what happened to the only lessened dammage?

to the second point, yes, i said "i assumed", i meant that i was wrong but assumed.

It does lessen damage. It would be much worse it Aura wasn't there. Stopping kinetic energy, well it stops it like how a shield would. The damage will be inflicted on the shield and the shield can recoil back and hit the person with the shield. That's how it lessons the damage but there will still be damage.

Like how our skills protect our brains. No direct damage but we can get concussions when are brains slam against our skulls.

It can do both....stopping the bullet from penetrating while lessening the damage it inflicts on the person. Aura is still a force field so I don't know what attacks can penetrate that.

Nico-v11 said:
It can do both....stopping the bullet from penetrating while lessening the damage it inflicts on the person. Aura is still a force field so I don't know what attacks can penetrate that.

electricity and headbuts could, and hinata scales to 350 ton, which should be more than enough

Electricity didn't penetrate and Oscar's headbut didn't but still left damage. Aura is more useful for like swords or bladed weapons so they don't cut the person. Cutting and stabbing turn to blunt hits.

If Hinata continually hits Yang then yeah Yang's aura would eventually break

Nico-v11 said:
Electricity didn't penetrate and Oscar's headbut didn't but still left damage. Aura is more useful for like swords or bladed weapons so they don't cut the person. Cutting and stabbing turn to blunt hits.
If Hinata continually hits Yang then yeah Yang's aura would eventually break
first, electricity could only have said effects by entering the body and to feel pain your nerves have to be reached

and gentle fists whole thing is striking faster than your oponent can recover, they mostly do it up to 64 times

Speed equalized. I already said that I doubt that the show considered how electricity actually works but within the show it should block electricity, or else they wouldn't allow electricity to be used in the tournament

Nico-v11 said:
Speed equalized. I already said that I doubt that the show considered how electricity actually works but within the show it should block electricity, or else they wouldn't allow electricity to be used in the tournament

they dont do it with speed, they attack, you get stunned by the wonderfull feeling of your organs being exploded from inside, and they keep going

and aura doesent have shows of it, ren reacted in a way that would prove otherwise, and they regen would have negated most pf the problems. they also werent the very best at thinking through the tournament (they even called annual)

It's every two years actually but I really don't feel arguing this further. Pretty sure that the whole electricity argument won't pass anyway.

Nico-v11 said:
It's every two years actually but I really don't feel arguing this further. Pretty sure that the whole electricity argument won't pass anyway.
it is two years, they put the annual on the posters despite it being every 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back