• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yamcha vs Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zpikes said:
Kamehameha-this is the difference in strength,or is it not so?
It's not that powerfull, alright? It's not much stronger than the user... at all. It, at best, doubles their power, but that's non-canon databook regardless.

Schnee One said:
That doesn't make her 8x stronger, that makes her able to harm people at that level

She would have to actually scale to that in order to be 8x stronger
She can go up to them, hit them with her weapon, and rip into them. Don't much care how you word it, but she one-shots here regardless.

She also gets casually one shotted by the mech with a single serious attack despite being amped.

She scales scales to 18 Tons which is enough to damage it, but she does not scale to 88 Tons by someone who canonically solo's her and the rest of her team,

She can hurt it regardless... they were the ones that knocked it over to create that earthquacke.

Her weapon sure as hell is strong enough to hurt it, and that's been constantly shown in the fight, they just couldn't penetrate deep enough.

I'm pretty sure Ruby harming a 90 ton character was actually counted as an outlier, but I'll vote Ruby anyways as she still has an ap advantage (why are the dragon ball characters even 8-B when they scale to stomping 3 tons?), has a force field for majority of the fight, can amp her speed (or turn into flowers as I've heard her speed boost was retconned), and has a better weapon for melee and ranged combat. If Yamcha disarms her he would probably still lose as the ap advantage is enough for her limited hand to hand combat to carry her until she picks her weapon back up.

FloweryAlex said:
She can hurt it regardless... they were the ones that knocked it over to create that earthquacke.

Her weapon sure as hell is strong enough to hurt it, and that's been constantly shown in the fight, they just couldn't penetrate deep enough.
No, the Earthquake was caused by the Mech stumbling into the cliff, not the Cast pushing it.

Hurting something is not the equivalent of being as strong as it

By your logic, a cat is as physically strong as a human because it can leave scratch marks.

She also doesn't have a City Block Level+ rating on her file, so until you make a CRT to change this, it's ultimately moot.

Her progile also links the calc.

Regardless, her blade is strong enough to rip into it's metal on hit, so as I said before, one hot and Yamcha is dead.

FloweryAlex said:
It's not that powerfull, alright? It's not much stronger than the user... at all. It, at best, doubles their power, but that's non-canon databook regardless.
Throw off proof that this not the canon

Still not on her file, and she still backscales from it.

Seriously, an 18 ton character can scratch an 88 ton character, that does not mean they scale.

Even if the Kamehameha is a two times boost her aura will still protect her as its a full body forcefield

Schnee One said:
Still not on her file, and she still backscales from it.
Seriously, an 18 ton character can scratch an 88 ton character, that does not mean they scale.
Her scythe went a good meter deep into it.

That might not be deadly to a mecha, but Yamcha gets one-shot regardless.

Except her harming it was considered an outlier multiple times. We've had multiple matches with Ruby characters thrown against people that are 90 tons and they were also closed as stomps for the 90 ton character. (I'll link some of them after I done eating).

And? 18 Tons vs 88 Tons is not enough to tank an attack. Yamaha can harm it as well since, again, the difference isn't big enough to not do chip damage.

Again, moot until you put that on her file.

They cut onto the mech but get one shot by it and it took ruby blowing up the cannon while it was charging to beat it

Hell even the mech its self can hurt itself as it ripped off its arm that its cannon was on

Schnee One said:
@Keeweed

It's not an outlier, she just doesn't scale.
I remember Weekly and Dargoo both saying 90 tons is when Ruby and co get stomped, but I guess that's because they get one shot not that they cannot somewhat hurt that.

Schnee One said:
And? 18 Tons vs 88 Tons is not enough to tank an attack. Yamaha can harm it as well since, again, the difference isn't big enough to not do chip damage.

Again, moot until you put that on her file.
No it's not. A 10-C can harm a 9-B with blades (or stingers, in that case). She can still easily one-shot him while he can't even begin getting around her aura before she simply uses her semblance and cuts him in half.

You say that you agree with me and then you say she can one shot him

I don't get it.

If your point is she can one shot someone comparable to her using piercing damage, that's not true either.

What do you mean not true..?

You could take a small knife, finger long so that it's kinetic energy is still 10-B, and one-shot a 10-B just fine.

One-shotting someone on your own level with piercing damage is perfectly normal.

Not really no, you can absolutely harm a 10B on that level, but that doesn't instantly kill them, in fact that isn't even fatal to a degree.

Yes it is. Sure, if you get them in their hand then it isn't fatal, but a strike to the chest with a knife is absolutely fatal.

A hit with a scythe larger than him, as long as she get anything but an limb, would instantly deal fatal damage that leaves him bleeding out.

Getting an arm would still leave him with severed muscles and bleeding out.

Strike to the chest with a knife is only fatal if it manages to be long enough to strike an artery or a vital organ, stabbing someone where it doesn't will result in bloodloss but it's not fatal.

Besides, Knives are 9C, Humans for the most part are 10A

Majority of humans don't fit Athletic, and small knives don't have the kinetic energy to be 9-C, they can simply cut past your flesh because of physics.

Again, you know that a 10-C can harm a 9-B because they attack a small surface area right?

And no, a strike to the chest or stomach will be fatal if not treated too. Humans die really easy. Without hitting organs it takes longer, but it's still deadly to be stabbed in the stomach, or your sides, or the chest down to your ribs.

<Knives are not 9C

Yes I even said that to you myself when you kept insisting that Ruby one shots because she harmed a 90 ton character.

No, a strike to the stomach will be fatal if you suffer from blood loss or Organ Failure

Hell even a fodder Dragon Ball character has far better stamina then a normal human, getting a stab wound won't kill Yamcha instant unless Ruby were to literally use her Scythe to cut him in half which isn't in character to begin with.

No, I insisted she one-shots because when she attacked a 90 ton character the attack went a meter deep into it. There is a difference between just damaging and her scythe going deeper than Yamcha is wide.

That is how wounds kill you. You either loose blood (causing your organs to fail) or your organs fail... that is literally the only way to die, your organs failing. Obviously a knife does the same, and a stab to a stomach would do both.

Stamina, as in how long someone can fight, doesn't automatically translate to how well someone can take wounds (there are people with infinite stamina that would die to a stab). Instantly killing isn't needed when a single proper hit will get fall over while clutching wherever he was cut and going light headed. Humans don't have that great feats of getting abused and getting back up, especially at this point in the story, and especially Yamcha.

And... Ruby tries her best to cut her opponents into parts when she can. Aura nopes that, but that's what her fighting style in close range is about.

And an 18 ton character can do that, piercing damage or not, because the difference isn't big enough.

<Stamina doesn't translate to how well they can keep going

That's only partially true, stamina, as in how long you can fight before passing out, absolutely translates to how well you can keep fighting despite blood loss and how deadly the wound is.

One Piece characters, especially Whitebeard can literally take a fatal stab wound and still keep going on sheer will alone for hours if not days on end, because their stamina is simply that ridiculous.

Ruby doesn't do that often at all, especially another human.

Volume 1 she knocked other fighters off balance, same with volume 2 on the train, Volume 3 at Beacon Etc. etc. etc.

>Ruby doesn't do that often at all, especially another human.

I mean...technically she DOES, it just doesnt happen because aura prevents her opponents from being cut apart

AnonymousBlank said:
Ruby swings and makes Yamcha half the man he was previously. Can we close this stomp already?
Yamcha is being downgraded to high 8-C so yeah this is a stomp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back