• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yaldabaoth Revision/ Persona Standing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also to elaborate now that I have time: Matt's argument reductionist argument is stemming from a misunderstanding of what the UC is and what Philemon and Nyarl are. Them being "two sides of the collective unconscious" is not the same as Philemon + Nyarl = UC in it's entirety.

The UC is the stream of unconsscioussness formed through the conscious experiences of the collective of humanity. It was birthed by Nyx hitting earth and creating humans via the extreme evolution that occured after the collission. Right here, we can take MAtthew's argument and simply say "Nyx is mother of all shadows. Therefore no other shadow can be stronger" which would also include Narl himself (which by feats is no where near right). The CU isn't just birthed through humans, it is the "same power that created the cosmos" and is thus A priori to creation. Humans acheived it through advanced cognition.

This is important because Nyarl and Phil are two aspects of the Collective unconscious. Phil represents truth, wisdom, and strength, while Nyarl is a manifestation of the darker side of humanity and their cognitions. Representing aspects =/ being the total of the UC.

Yald, Chronos, and the like are also aspects of the UC outside of Nyx. The difference between is that Narl and Phil are fundamental aspects of the UC. They were birthed very early on to essentially guide and tempt humanity.

Yald however is literally the UC's treasure and administrator. While someone like Phil was made to guide humanity, Yald was literally made to not only be the treasure of the UC, but also rule over it as a God per humanities own instruction .

So the argument that phil + Narl = all of the UC doesn't work as they don't equal the UC together. They represent aspects of humanity as a whole.

Well, it seems like Matthew already evaluated this, but you can ask him to comment here again if you wish.

We kinda have a discussion going on about this already on the "Yaldy revision (mostly hax)" thread and I don't like having to discuss the same thing on multiple threads (it's not only counterproductive, it's redundant in general).

But again, I have a blog detailing Persona in fine detail in the works (it's massive in size and not quite finished yet). When I finish it, I'll post it so Matt and I (and everyone else obviously) can determine what to do with these characters.

Okay. Thank you. Should I close this thread in the meantime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back