• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xianxia/Xuanhuan General Discussion: Junior, you dare?!

Many verses are gonna be pumped full of curated scans free of obvious counter-evidences to get those sweet, sweet, Tier 1 ratings as the profiles look more and more like a fanfiction version of the verses.

As always I'm here with a new read:
Pushing the Martial Arts: Starting from the Tiger Roaring Golden Bell

This is a new novel and it is only at 195 chapters currently. The main character in this, Wei Fan, has a pretty ruthless character but he is one of the few MCs in these kind of novels that has a very strong moral character and beliefs.
This is mostly a novel about fighting demons rather than a pure cultivation novel so it is very action heavy with tons of 1on1 battles as well as large scale battles occurring.

It's also a "Fast Cultivation" novel and the main character gets strong very quick by killing demons or demonic cultivators.
Once again, this is a novel with a unique cultivation system rather than another repetition of foundation establishment, golden core, nascent soul, nonsense.

Cultivation System
Inner Training

1. True Qi Realm

2. Splitting Acupoints Realm

External Training
1. Horizontal Training
  • Peak - 10,000kg of force in 1 hand
  • Maximum - 20,000kg
  • Horizontal Training Innate (Hengliang Tianxiang) - Supreme Qi, Force - 100,000kg of force

2. Body Refining - max strength: 300,000kg of force
- For someone who reached Horizontal Training Innate, the max strength is 700,000+kg of force

After the 3rd level, the stages of cultivation between internal and external training become unified.

3. Heaven and Man Stage - Celestial Master

4. Divine Realm/Wu Zun - [soul cultivation]
  • Mind over Matter - strength depends on the power of one's will and soul
  • Practicing martial arts into the soul

5. Martial Honor Realm/Wu Zong - Master of Martial Arts
  • Golden Body (the more the colors on the golden body, the stronger the master)
  • 1 Colored Golden Body to the Legendary 7 Colored Golden Body
  • There are 9 levels in this stage

6. Martial King

Demons
Demons also have their own cultivation levels with First Level 1 and Second Level Demons corresponding to humans of the True Qi Realm to Acupoints Opening Realm

1. First Realm Demon
2. Second Realm Demon
3. Core Condensation Demon
4. Concentrated Spirit - Demon Lord
5. Demon King
6. Great Demon King/Demon Lord

[In fact for demons, the title of Demon Lord or Demon King is used interchangeably
for any Demon Clan leaders between level 4 to 6.]

The power system especially after reaching the 4th level of Soul Condensation/Concentrated Spirit/Divine Realm becomes much more interesting since some elements of mind over matter are introduced while maintaining the martial arts aspects.

The strength also skyrockets at this point since this is where casual mountain level feats start appearing using raw physical strength. Experts of this realm also have limited reality manipulation but only in the radius of their soul control which is usually a few feet. They also have soul hax to the point that they can even kill experts below the Divine Realm with a gaze.

Overall, this is one of the few novels I have thoroughly enjoyed reading.

I mean its an english novel of an author that got inspired by multiple comics/novels who tries to stay consistent with its power... even if earlier chapters context got retconned later in the novel so if you try to scale it then read just the qidian version of their website as on auxiliar websites these early chapters didn't get updated with the new retcon which is sad.

Not gonna lie, I am surprised a lot of stuff for AWWP hasn’t been added.

Also we still need that “volunteer” for Li’s profile.
I am more surprised that Wang Lin isn't finished yet. I mean RI was completed on WW years ago. Though, I would like to see Su Ming and Xu Qing. It might be early for XQ though since it is still ongoing.

curious question, what tier would someone like nephis and sunny from shadow slave be? I just recently started the novel and wondering if anyone have a clue.

I am more surprised that Wang Lin isn't finished yet. I mean RI was completed on WW years ago. Though, I would like to see Su Ming and Xu Qing. It might be early for XQ though since it is still ongoing.
We have a finished profile for WL since the time when the references were added as mandatory (we finished the profile before that period of time but were waiting for some changes to apply and then the new rule for references was added so we kind of stopped from posting it). Planck is nearly done or has finished step 1 of WL for an update with references but real life got priority.

I was working on SM at the same time as WL but the references becoming mandatory killed my will since I would have had to re-read the story once again when I just finished a re-read to gather the scans.

No one plans to work on Xu Qing yet, I know Planck is near at day with the novel while I; 'm barely at chapter 50 of reading. Idk if he plans to add XQ but I'm done with making new profiles for Ergen's MC. Will just update the second part of MH and after that maybe continue SM or stop there (will update the Blood Mastiff and Terracotta Soldier when I update MH as they are part of his skill set).

The fact that Fang Yuan doesn't have a profile yet is blasphemous.
Make it then. A profile is made cause X user liked it, or cause it was a strong character, or cause they liked a power or more from its skill set, etc. If the profile is not made then create it yourself.

Like LOTM fans, RI fans will tell you that RI is actually 1-A at the weakest. Old Man Fang himself at his peak is infinitely above the concept of monads and cannot be contained by the definitions of Tier 0.

Like LOTM fans, RI fans will tell you that RI is actually 1-A at the weakest. Old Man Fang himself at his peak is infinitely above the concept of monads and cannot be contained by the definitions of Tier 0.
Nah Ri fan knows their scaling since they have balant proof of planet to maybe solar system level. Lotm mysteries fan knows their verse isn't that strong but when it comes to hax they are definitely God tier. Theirs just this one dude who keeps on spewing outer lotm characters and keeps on inviting people to his discord in almost every site I go.

Dude is also on this site and still believes lotm > orv 😆

We have a finished profile for WL since the time when the references were added as mandatory (we finished the profile before that period of time but were waiting for some changes to apply and then the new rule for references was added so we kind of stopped from posting it). Planck is nearly done or has finished step 1 of WL for an update with references but real life got priority.

I was working on SM at the same time as WL but the references becoming mandatory killed my will since I would have had to re-read the story once again when I just finished a re-read to gather the scans.

No one plans to work on Xu Qing yet, I know Planck is near at day with the novel while I; 'm barely at chapter 50 of reading. Idk if he plans to add XQ but I'm done with making new profiles for Ergen's MC. Will just update the second part of MH and after that maybe continue SM or stop there (will update the Blood Mastiff and Terracotta Soldier when I update MH as they are part of his skill set).
As expected. It is sad though. SM would have one of the most interesting profiles her due to the nature of his abilities.

Nah Ri fan knows their scaling since they have balant proof of planet to maybe solar system level. Lotm mysteries fan knows their verse isn't that strong but when it comes to hax they are definitely God tier. Theirs just this one dude who keeps on spewing outer lotm characters and keeps on inviting people to his discord in almost every site I go.

Dude is also on this site and still believes lotm > orv 😆
You're talking about that content creator from TikTok who believes lotm is outer 🤔

Speaking of ORV, roughly what tier is it? It should be at least tier 2 and maybe even tier 1, considering The Oldest Dream, right?
Yeah orv is tier 1 due to the fact that reality > fiction is something that has a very heavy proof ìn the verse. Characters from myth grade and upwards are even aware that they are fictional characters an can jump from one reality to another. Orv high tier already have tier 1c scaling at base.

ORV would've been 1-A if not for one contradiction (it might not be because I don't have full info on another novel of the same author but from what I know it is contradiction) HEAVY SPILERS AHEAD FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T READ IT FULL

Kim Dokja dreams the whole multiverse but only his multiverse(I think its called a world in the novel because it's a branching multiverse) because that's the principle by which his multiverse works. He doesn't dream other worlds, in fact he was surprised to find there exists other worlds besides his. One on them is the world of author's other novel The World After the End. There is a scene where MC of that novel attacks Kim Dokja and Kim Dokja is unable to do anything but run. Now If MC of that novel is 1-A as well in his novel then it is not a contradiction but if he isn't then by the current system it is and will not be tiered 1-A. I don't know haven't read that novel.
There are also items that you can collect in the world Kim Dokja dreams which allows you to get to the place he is, but I don't think this is exactly a contradiction because it is implied meeting him wouldn't really be good to say the least.
Orv high tier already have tier 1c scaling at base.
Where did you even get this from? Heck, how do you even get someone to scale to that. There is only one place that I can remember can potentionaly be Low 1-C (not the most ancient dream stuff) but again nobody except one person would scale to it because they can't destroy it or affect it on any scale.
There is a space which contains parts of the timeline as black boxes and affecting them affects the timeline. IIRC It just showed that one part of the timeline but I don't know why that space couldn't contain all of it , nothing implies it can't really.
Anyway ORV isn't powerful verse by any means, but that's fine because this is really a masterpiece of the novel which focuses on stuff that actually matter and not AP or haxes and everybody should read it. 11/10

Back