• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Aight so place ya bets everyone. What cha think will happen?

*Personally I got my cards on either Rex, Shulk or both dying. Like a big heroic sacrifice moment for them.

*Ontos either dies or leaves again.

*Riku is revealed to be Riku. Common variety nopon. Also Lucky Seven stuff but its just a magic sword.

*(Hopefully) Some elaboration on this 'Far-Flung Dimension' that The Conduit came from.

*Personally I got my cards on either Rex, Shulk or both dying. Like a big heroic sacrifice moment for them.

*Riku is revealed to be Riku. Common variety nopon. Also Lucky Seven stuff but its just a magic sword.

*(Hopefully) Some elaboration on this 'Far-Flung Dimension' that The Conduit came from.

One thing I hope we see as an easter egg is the main game cast appearing as enemies. Why not take advantage of everyone being reborn by having to fight people we know?

I'd wager that N is where Shulk and Rex's injuries came from (idk about you, but I don't think Alvis's big **** off blast would just create one measly cut scar).

Speaking of Shulk and Rex, my bet is that they would become mediators for the Trinity Processor after Alvis calms down at some point in the plot. Not dead, but not part of Main XC3's plot either. Some sort of higher existence imo (and no, I don't think Alvis would be dead either, given his nature).

Somewhere in the interim, Z has to be playing these guys, hard. Or again, it's a temporary thing, hence N fighting the party.

Oh, and try to remember: at the end of XC3 main, Nia says into an image of Rex 'I'll see you soon, then', and much like with how the older Noah returned to his younger memory again (not to mention Joran being alive), it's safe to assume that Shulk (and maybe Rex) became retainers within Alcamoth, with the High Entia having the technology to house the Trinity Processor within it (or at least something similar that allows them to hold up their end of the bargain with the Alrest/Agnus side).

I'd wager that N is where Shulk and Rex's injuries came from (idk about you, but I don't think Alvis's big **** off blast would just create one measly cut scar).

Speaking of Shulk and Rex, my bet is that they would become mediators for the Trinity Processor after Alvis calms down at some point in the plot. Not dead, but not part of Main XC3's plot either. Some sort of higher existence imo (and no, I don't think Alvis would be dead either, given his nature).

Somewhere in the interim, Z has to be playing these guys, hard. Or again, it's a temporary thing, hence N fighting the party.

Oh, and try to remember: at the end of XC3 main, Nia says into an image of Rex 'I'll see you soon, then', and much like with how the older Noah returned to his younger memory again (not to mention Joran being alive), it's safe to assume that Shulk (and maybe Rex) became retainers within Alcamoth, with the High Entia having the technology to house the Trinity Processor within it (or at least something similar that allows them to hold up their end of the bargain with the Alrest/Agnus side).
Hmm, maybe. There is likely more to that cutscene than we've seen though so we can't say for sure.

Akin to Mary Madeline? Its possible, would be weird considering these are recreations of them (given that the actual Shulk and Rex are suspended in time outside of Aionios).

Z is humanity's will to survive given form (ironically the same thing that Meyneth said the Monado is) so Alvis showing up to erase everything likely as an attempt to undo Aionios and resume time like Noah and co did later by destroying Aionios. So I'd presume that they just have a common interest and are allying for that purpose. We'll see how it develops on Wednesday.

It makes me wonder if Shulk or even Mikol worked on Origin. If Riku originates from Shulk's world then I presume he would have as well unless he is actually the bestest nopon archsage out there (which would create some big questions considering what we see the other Archsages do like have contact with Monolith Soft themselves)

Akin to Mary Madeline? Its possible, would be weird considering these are recreations of them (given that the actual Shulk and Rex are suspended in time outside of Aionios).

That comparison wasn't quite my point, but now that you bring it up, you might not be wrong. The time between Z appearing and Origin failing might explain some of the stylistic changes too.

Welp. The Fog Beast rifts are back and unlike before where we had to channel massive amounts of ether energy and bend the very space-time to close the rift. You can just punch it and it'll go away.

Welp. The Fog Beast rifts are back and unlike before where we had to channel massive amounts of ether energy and bend the very space-time to close the rift. You can just punch it and it'll go away.

Is there some footage of that I don't know about?

Not quite finished with FR yet, but...

I may or may not have a slightly cursed MU idea for Glimmer specifically

Check Nia on 100 chart

Just finished with my playthough as well. Going to write a Substack article on it to get my thoughts out, because tbh... I have a few words...

And... that's my article on FR done and dusted... hopefully.

Say, anyone able to get me scans in relation to the Imaginary Numbers Domain and Upper Domain from Xenosaga?

Knowing my up-and-coming retrospective, I am the wrong person to ask about that. Also the five points I've put in the article debunking the 'Blade-Saga' links might interest you.

Although if you insist, I have been handed copies of Perfect Works and OAC in the past. Make of them what you will, I sure as hell have.

Knowing my up-and-coming retrospective, I am the wrong person to ask about that. Also the five points I've put in the article debunking the 'Blade-Saga' links might interest you.

Although if you insist, I have been handed copies of Perfect Works and OAC in the past. Make of them what you will, I sure as hell have.
I'm not trying to say they exist within the same universe. More so the same multiverse. Similar to whole thing X and the numbered games have going on. Over the 9 or so years the more and more I've seen Takahashi put more of Xenosaga into the lore of Blade (its legit got to the point where it is ingrained into the lore where all these 'easter eggs' start forming a timeline of events within the XB universe) so I've grown way more accustomed to all this. In the end though all this would mean is that they would share a cosmology with one another which sounds much more reasonable akin to Final Fantasy.

Obviously if we just "Xenosaga is a prequel" argument it wouldn't hold up given contradicting event (though even then that isn't a first for the franchise) so that's why I'm looking at it more at a "alternate world" approach like how X is.

Just tried to edit Alpha in as part of Alvis's page on the sandbox (not the main page), and I kind of want his FR True Form tabbed in as part of the Alpha tab (in the same way that his DE and OG art are tabbed as part of his base form), yet I can't seem to get that to work. Any help?

Just tried to edit Alpha in as part of Alvis's page on the sandbox (not the main page), and I kind of want his FR True Form tabbed in as part of the Alpha tab (in the same way that his DE and OG art are tabbed as part of his base form), yet I can't seem to get that to work. Any help?
I can handle that. I planned to make A and Alpha into their own profiles akin to how V and Urizen from DMC have their own separate despite being Vergil. Plus ya accidently added categories to the page which is a big nono. I'll fix it for ya.

I can handle that. I planned to make A and Alpha into their own profiles akin to how V and Urizen from DMC have their own separate despite being Vergil. Plus ya accidently added categories to the page which is a big nono. I'll fix it for ya.

Oh, did I? Sorry, don't know how I managed that.

And would it be a prudent idea to make A a separate article attached to Alvis? Similar to how Goku has his various interpretations (Or FE main canon vs Heroes etc.)?

Oh, did I? Sorry, don't know how I managed that.

And would it be a prudent idea to make A a separate article attached to Alvis? Similar to how Goku has his various interpretations (Or FE main canon vs Heroes etc.)?
The {{ }} on the profile does that. I made edits tho.

Yeah I was planning on that. I'm also gonna do something similar with N and Noah.

o noice. Thoughts?
I thought it was great. I liked the new characters a lot. Wish we got to see more of these guys but what we got was pretty big. The new gameplay was fun. The music rocked as always. Still some questions but we also got a lot of information. Very curious about the implications for the wider Xeno series.

Alvis really tryna become all letters of the LGBTQ

Addressed that in my article, actually:

binaquo.png

Although with Pneuma being two women and Ontos being made up of a man and a woman... do you ever think about what Malos's second bloke would have looked like?

Although with Pneuma being two women and Ontos being made up of a man and a woman... do you ever think about what Malos's second bloke would have looked like?
Depends on what Malos wanted. Pyra is what Mythra wanted to be. A and Alpha are identical except for their mind.

Depends on what Malos wanted. Pyra is what Mythra wanted to be. A and Alpha are identical except for their mind.

Up to a point, I suppose. If Alvis didn't want his conscience knowing what happened to the rest of the Trinity Processor, A would have been yeeted day 1.

Something I plan to do at some point (probably after I finish my current sandbox for Conduit stuff). I'll have to make a blog for the whole Xeno-Multiverse as to get not only a place to put information but also to connect Blade and Saga to the same cosmology given what we already know. Xenogears wouldn't be included in this for obvious reasons.

Back