• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Finally had enough time to sit down and finish the final boss. What a fantastic DLC. Honestly I enjoyed it more than the base game. Now I just gotta try and 100% it before Zelda releases on Friday. Some lingering questions I have though:

How did the Pneuma and Logos cores come into Matthew and N’s possession, since the former would have no reason to return to their core and the latter was destroyed?

So Alvis’ personality came from Klaus’ regrets when he formed, which is interesting since even if he wasn’t a part of the Blade system since he left, he was still influenced by the one who awoke him like the other cores.

Though why did he return to his core? Did Zanza’s death cause it? Cause we know Aegises can survive without a Driver as seen with Malos, though again maybe not technically being a Blade might have something to do with it.
This shall answer all of this with a simple response.

idunno

Finally had enough time to sit down and finish the final boss. What a fantastic DLC. Honestly I enjoyed it more than the base game. Now I just gotta try and 100% it before Zelda releases on Friday. Some lingering questions I have though:

How did the Pneuma and Logos cores come into Matthew and N’s possession, since the former would have no reason to return to their core and the latter was destroyed?

So Alvis’ personality came from Klaus’ regrets when he formed, which is interesting since even if he wasn’t a part of the Blade system since he left, he was still influenced by the one who awoke him like the other cores.

Though why did he return to his core? Did Zanza’s death cause it? Cause we know Aegises can survive without a Driver as seen with Malos, though again maybe not technically being a Blade might have something to do with it.

First off, that whole thing about Matthew and N possessing two cores of the Trinity Processor is speculative (despite what the Fists of the End would tell you, N was actually just referring to the Ouroboros Power in general). Glimmer has the exact same thing, but outside of Rex being a dad, no one ever pulls her up on it. And let's be logical about this: If there was any relation between Origin (which I remind you, is built off the back of the Trinity Processor (A specifies Ontos, but we all know the entire Processor is implicated here)), Ouroboros and the Processor, then when Alvis decrees 'obsolete life', is he not deeming Ouroboros one of those 'obsolete forms of life'? Is he not shooting himself in the foot when wiping Logos/Pneuma from existence, and then departing with the city for 'new worlds'?

I don't recall this Alvis being formed from Klaus's regret, otherwise he wouldn't be shittalking the fact that his 'consciousness lead him astray' (hence Alpha + A = Alvis). It's also interesting how the events of XC1 and XC2 in relation to what is going on here means that whole 'Shulk is an Aegis driver' thing can be entirely thrown out the window. Otherwise... who awoke Alvis before the end of the Apocrypha arc?

Same applies to this third point, in fact. And if anything, I'd like to propose that the 'blue comet' in the end credits is some remnant of Alvis, instead of the KOS-MOS that everyone is invoking in recent weeks. Blade's don't technically die, and we know that Alvis doesn't really give a shit about the laws of respective universes. Hence, a higher existence.

First off, that whole thing about Matthew and N possessing two cores of the Trinity Processor is speculative (despite what the Fists of the End would tell you, N was actually just referring to the Ouroboros Power in general). Glimmer has the exact same thing, but outside of Rex being a dad, no one ever pulls her up on it. And let's be logical about this: If there was any relation between Origin (which I remind you, is built off the back of the Trinity Processor (A specifies Ontos, but we all know the entire Processor is implicated here)), Ouroboros and the Processor, then when Alvis decrees 'obsolete life', is he not deeming Ouroboros one of those 'obsolete forms of life'? Is he not shooting himself in the foot when wiping Logos/Pneuma from existence, and then departing with the city for 'new worlds'?

I don't recall this Alvis being formed from Klaus's regret, otherwise he wouldn't be shittalking the fact that his 'consciousness lead him astray' (hence Alpha + A = Alvis). It's also interesting how the events of XC1 and XC2 in relation to what is going on here means that whole 'Shulk is an Aegis driver' thing can be entirely thrown out the window. Otherwise... who awoke Alvis before the end of the Apocrypha arc?

I mean when A is revealing everything to Shulk and Rex before Na’el appears they literally say “My original, he was shaped by Klaus, and shouldered the man’s regrets as he was born into that world. Hence he was able to help you.” Which seems to imply that the reason Alvis had his personally was from that.

So I saw it more as Ontos = Alvis + A, Alvis the body and A the personality, and when A was removed, he as A stated became just a machine and renamed himself Alpha.

As for the first point, the fact that Rex was shocked when the core was revealed seemed to imply that it’s the actual one, and later the camera pans towards both N’s sheath and Matthew’s fist when Rex says that “they” wouldn’t even bat an eye at helping. Also, wouldn’t it make sense that the Ouroburos power comes from Pneuma?

Last edited:
I mean when A is revealing everything to Shulk and Rex before Na’el appears they literally say “My original, he was shaped by Klaus, and shouldered the man’s regrets as he was born into that world. Hence he was able to help you.” Which seems to imply that the reason Alvis had his personally was from that.

So I saw it more as Ontos = Alvis + A, Alvis the body and A the personality, and when A was removed, he as A stated became just a machine and renamed himself Alpha.

As for the first point, the fact that Rex was shocked when the core was revealed seemed to imply that it’s the actual one, and later the camera pans towards both N’s sheath and Matthew’s fist when Rex says that “they” wouldn’t even bat an eye at helping. Also, wouldn’t it make sense that the Ouroburos power comes from Pneuma?

Oh no, I'm not arguing with the whole 'A/Alvis is Ontos' thing, we know that. If anything, it's the fact that A is Ontos is so explicit that makes me speculate if the other two have validity (hell, within the Sword of the End, we don't even see Malos's CC (potentially on a count of it being broken)).

Also no, I don't think it'd make sense for Pneuma to be responsible for Ouroboros, because it's not a power they've displayed previously. You might make the same argument for Alvis being an Aegis, but the entire point of his character is that he was so open-ended that Takahashi could mould him to whatever suited the narrative at the time (double-crossing the Trinity for his own ends). Pyra and Mythra didn't really have that liberty.

Wall level Ouroboros
Jpg Noah

WhatIntheGoddamn.jpg

Also, do we know who is responsible?

Going off of the profile history. It seems to be the user Unlucky. They have made repeated Vs Threads with this Noah, throwing them against Demon Slayer characters.

Aight so I decided to have some fun and made a bonus section to the Xb3 sandbox. Its for stuff that could be accepted but it not vital. If ya got any suggestions on stuff like it then lemme know.

Aight so I decided to have some fun and made a bonus section to the Xb3 sandbox. Its for stuff that could be accepted but it not vital. If ya got any suggestions on stuff like it then lemme know.
Should fix their keys to move them to below their tier section as that's the updated format

Mind if I tweak that formatting slightly?

I just did?
Wait. So you asked if you could change stuff then did it without waiting my response?

Anywho I'll tell ya a few things now though.

That is not the place for that kind of discussion. You don't make something on the sandbox to attempt to debunk something on the sandbox. You make a new thread for that.

I'll also give ya some clarification since is the better place for that kind of discussion. The "Your Aionios" statement from Melia in no way meant there are two Aionios. Melia says 'Your' here because she is not from Aionios. Its the same thing as someone referring to another person's homeland as "your country". Next, to just pin that needle down. Nia also calls Aionios a frozen world. With Z also stating that time has been stopped. Both of which use "this" in regard to the world. There are numerous more statements (like 15 or so from memory) saying the exact same thing. As for Z's "Its been a decade" statement. That can simply be countered by the simple fact that the characters can still count. Think of it like DIO's The World.

As for Alpha, my best reasoning is that he wished to get Matthew and the other city residents before leaving and nuking everything.

Hope that helps clear things up for you.

I legit just saw your thread as you popped in here. Happy to have ya here. And yes, it is indeed peak.
I wanna take my talents power scaling ventures into Xenoblade because I love this series and XB3 might just be my favorite game of all time after it made me cry twice

Also yes I did just make a Blade Physiology page...

I actually made a Noah profile sandbox with what little I remembered from a power scaling perspective, didn't realize Lucky Seven would be = N's Sword of the End but yeah that makes sense

Look I know this is Xenoblade 2 related but it may have some ramifications on Xenoblade 3 scaling.

True Form Jin can blitz Rex even when he's using Foresight, which slows his perception of time such that light appears to be standing still. That should make the likes of True Form Jin, Pneuma, etc. have a rating of "At least Massively FTL", as the aforementioned feat is a MFTL feat

Look I know this is Xenoblade 2 related but it may have some ramifications on Xenoblade 3 scaling.

True Form Jin can blitz Rex even when he's using Foresight, which slows his perception of time such that light appears to be standing still. That should make the likes of True Form Jin, Pneuma, etc. have a rating of "At least Massively FTL", as the aforementioned feat is a MFTL feat

That's a point: if Jin can destroy Mythra's Aegis Sword at Tantal, and Rex can destroy Flame Clocks with something that technically downscales from the Aegis's themselves... does this mean that Jin could have destroyed Flame Clocks were he still around?

That's a point: if Jin can destroy Mythra's Aegis Sword at Tantal, and Rex can destroy Flame Clocks with something that technically downscales from the Aegis's themselves... does this mean that Jin could have destroyed Flame Clocks were he still around?

I thought it wasn’t a matter of strength but the material. Like Lucky Seven is Origin metal and even though it’s technically a replica we have a Monado and Aegis swords.

Well tbf, Rex in FR is a lot stronger than what he was with Mythra. He uses his Pneuma replica for slicing Flame Clocks so its not out of the question for Jin to be able to do the same.

I wouldn't say so

Future Redeemed Rex > Rex with Mythra, hell Rex wasn't even a Master Driver by that point

Also. Something I could do is via powerscaling scale god tiers such as Zanza above the MFTL+ Telethia in Xenoblade X. The link for the calc is gone but it was basically getting around and out of the Samaar Federation in 32 years with the Federation being 6 million light years of space.

Also. Something I could do is via powerscaling scale god tiers such as Zanza above the MFTL+ Telethia in Xenoblade X. The link for the calc is gone but it was basically getting around and out of the Samaar Federation in 32 years with the Federation being 6 million light years of space.
I know nothing about Xenoblade X

Back