• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Spoiler Discussion Thread

The fate of the XB1 cast is unknown but the XB2 cast is alive and well as evident by Tora being involved in the development of Origin. Also to let ya know, there is a sandbox that I've been working on to make those XB3 profiles, feel free to add to it.
Sure. I’ll take a look when I have time. Though I thought that with something as massive and complex as Origin it would take centuries to built which means he and the others would have died before it was completed? But if they’re still alive, would that mean that Mio is likely her daughter instead of her descendant which was being implied?

Sure. I’ll take a look when I have time. Though I thought that with something as massive and complex as Origin it would take centuries to built which means he and the others would have died before it was completed? But if they’re still alive, would that mean that Mio is likely her daughter instead of her descendant which was being implied?
Remember that Z used Origin to "weave the fabric of the world" as Y put it and created a realm where there would be an eternal proxy war and that Origin contained the data of everyone in the two worlds.
Nia's child was like put into the world but eventually that family line would go down to Mio like how Noah's did.

Remember that Z used Origin to "weave the fabric of the world" as Y put it and created a realm where there would be an eternal proxy war and that Origin contained the data of everyone in the two worlds.
Nia's child was like put into the world but eventually that family line would go down to Mio like how Noah's did.
Guess I could see that. Was just confused that if they were all still alive why were Nia, Melia, and Poppi the only ones in Aionios when if instead the game took place centuries after the other two it would make sense due to their longer lifespans.

at the start of the game we see a kid Noah before the universes merged, meaning Mio is probably a clone of Nia's daughter

Surprised that Blades can even have kids considering their asexual biology. Also Zeke is dripped the **** out wow.
[/spoiler}

It's more than likely that Pyra and Mythra gave their biological data to Nia, allowing her and Rex to reproduce (similar to how Pneuma allowed Azurda to get his main dragon form back, after being given Elysium's 'data authorisations' by Klaus). Remember, Klaus sings a big game about how data received and perceived by blades is handed back to him (and by extension, the world tree), and TTGC even posets the idea of Blade DNA being not all that different to humans (as explained by that one sleezebag who assisted Amalthus into getting Praetor status). It'd explain the different hair colours, being analogues to all of 'Rex's girls', that's for sure. So why Nia? Because she's the closest to being human, while the Aegis's are by definition computers / IPU's.

EDIT: Someone had to be the midwife (/midwives), and I elect Morag and Brighid as the godmothers.

Last edited:
Guess I'll make this a quick one so this thread doesn't die:

Are we applying the same 8-B keys to main heroes as we did to Ethel? 2-C - 2-A ranges for their participation in Z? Or are we giving them our own feat sets (Ghondor fighting Shania as a Moebius, Monica > Travis with Gilgamesh etc.)?

Probably their own feats/scaling

I'm guessing this would be a case-by-case basis, then?

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

Xeno_Matchups_Remake_-_XC3_MU_check.png

As far as XC3's place on my VS MU charts, this is where I'm at. I'm still looking for MUs for:

• Riku & Manana
  • Ghondor Vhandam
  • Triton
  • Moebius D & J

And may want to correct MUs for Eunie and Ashera. And before you ask, yes, these are the characters I decided on for contenders (others have loose DBX ideas, and the ones on this chart may become so in future). I suppose you lot are getting a sneak peak early 👀

Any suggestions?

S I M Ps who can't let go of their lovers

N has more connections with Darth Vader via some evil dude telling him if joins the dark side he can bring back/save his lover from dying and this makes them fall down the path of evil with them killing the people who the were supposed to save (the Jedi and lost numbers)

I mean, isn’t that still technically connected to Klaus’s story? I would think they would make a new story. If they do bring them it might be in a DLC.
Technically its connected yeah but its also disconnected since its just the set up and not what is actually going on. It was never mentioned that characters from the Klaus story can't make an appearance.

Rip I probably won't be touching this for a couple more months since I'm backlogged on quite a few games Xenoblade 1 and 2 included but I hope this one was enjoyable, I want to read all the details but ik I can't or else I'll still remember them by the time I play

Hm. So some things I’m kinda been pondering about. First what happened to those from the City at the end of 3? They’re technically not a part of Keves or Agnus so when the worlds split were they retcon’d out of existence?

Another thing I’ve been pondering is how Nia became Queen? I could understand Melia being one since she’s High Entia royalty and after the world of 1 being remade the people would probably have her be their ruler. But Nia? If 3 is supposed to be like some decades after 1 and 2 instead of centuries, then how did she end up becoming ruler of their world when surely the leaders of the other nations would still be alive like Nial?

Finally, not really a question but something I took note. It’s interesting how everyone in 3 can summon their weapons like Blades did in 2. I could understand people from Agnus doing so since everyone there is probably a Blade hybrid. But apparently those from Keves can do so as well. Perhaps the Power Disks they wear does that for them? Of course I know it’s a gameplay feature but just something I pondered about.

Hm. So some things I’m kinda been pondering about. First what happened to those from the City at the end of 3? They’re technically not a part of Keves or Agnus so when the worlds split were they retcon’d out of existence?

The City's inhabitants are technically a mish-mash of Kevesi and Agnian inhabitants, forming a society away from Moebius (hence the eyepatch and the Alloy within). Grey, for example, is ex-Kevesi, but the twist is that he's a member of the Lost Numbers. Ghondor and Monica, on the other hand (and idk if this carries into story, I'll have to double-check), are interpreted as Agnian for Gameplay purposes. It's likely that Swordmarch's inhabitants would stay on the Kevesi side, knowing that it's the Mechonis sword, which logically should be Kevesi (XC1/Melia) property.

Another thing I’ve been pondering is how Nia became Queen? I could understand Melia being one since she’s High Entia royalty and after the world of 1 being remade the people would probably have her be their ruler. But Nia? If 3 is supposed to be like some decades after 1 and 2 instead of centuries, then how did she end up becoming ruler of their world when surely the leaders of the other nations would still be alive like Nial?

My guess is that Queen Raqura stepped down at some point, and knowing that Uraya was butting heads with Mor Ardain (Because Mor Ardain was trying to annex Torigoth for the longest time), Nia likely landed herself a job there (recognition for saving Alrest from Malos and all that). Still, an explanation probably resides within the DLC.

Finally, not really a question but something I took note. It’s interesting how everyone in 3 can summon their weapons like Blades did in 2. I could understand people from Agnus doing so since everyone there is probably a Blade hybrid. But apparently those from Keves can do so as well. Perhaps the Power Disks they wear does that for them? Of course I know it’s a gameplay feature but just something I pondered about.

I have to agree here, the Staff Melia was using in FC doesn't behave like it does in XC3. Then again, it's not impossible knowing that Alcamoth in XC3 effectively had a post-Mechonis makeover.

I do have to give a quick scaling disclaimer, now that I think about it: Shouldn't Lucky Seven be upscaling from Ouroboros, knowing that it's the thing that liberates colonies from Flame Clocks?

I guess the question I'm trying to ask here is: What tier are we putting Ferronises and Flame Clocks, if at all?

Right, so this thread has kinda... fallen asleep for a few days. Are there any characters we want to add / ones already there that we specifically want to work on?

Here you go. There is a lot to go over with these profiles, especially with Noah given how many status effects are tied to him.
Link to the sandbox again
<tabber>
</tabber>
{{Quote|}}
==Summary==

==Powers and Stats==
'''[[Tiering System|Tier]]:'''

'''Name:'''

'''Origin:''' [[]]

'''Gender:'''

'''Age:'''

'''Classification:'''

'''Powers and Abilities:'''

'''[[Attack Potency]]:'''

'''[[Speed]]:'''

'''[[Lifting Strength]]:'''

'''[[Striking Strength]]:'''

'''[[Durability]]:'''

'''[[Stamina]]:'''

'''[[Range]]:'''

'''[[Standard Equipment]]:'''

'''[[Intelligence]]:'''

'''Weaknesses:'''

'''Notable Attacks/Techniques:'''

==Others==
'''Notable Victories:'''

'''Notable Losses:'''

'''Inconclusive Matches:'''
Template to add new characters to the sandbox

The Flame Clocks and Ferronises (specifically Lambda) I personally put at City Block. The Colony (at least to me) strikes me as that big.

BTW I filled in the template for Noah. Planning to do the rest of the playable six at some point (did some edits to Mio, too). Got Taion on the brain, but it's late for me, so...

BTW I filled in the template for Noah. Planning to do the rest of the playable six at some point (did some edits to Mio, too). Got Taion on the brain, but it's late for me, so...
One thing to note, how do we go about in indexing the massive amount of abilities they have? Besides their base, each can use the other’s class as well as the 19 Hero classes. I doubt we can make tabs for each class cause that’s way too much. Maybe just two for Keves and Agnus Classes instead?

One thing to note, how do we go about in indexing the massive amount of abilities they have? Besides their base, each can use the other’s class as well as the 19 Hero classes. I doubt we can make tabs for each class cause that’s way too much. Maybe just two for Keves and Agnus Classes instead?

I was thinking of giving each character the Hero classes they initially inherent (Lanz getting Soul Hacker and Signifier for his profile, for example, Noah inheriting Flash Fencer and G. Command, Sena getting Yumsmith and Machine Assassin etc.). Cuts down on clutter, and makes 'standard equipment' more concise.

I was thinking of giving each character the Hero classes they initially inherent (Lanz getting Soul Hacker and Signifier for his profile, for example, Noah inheriting Flash Fencer and G. Command, Sena getting Yumsmith and Machine Assassin etc.). Cuts down on clutter, and makes 'standard equipment' more concise.
Sounds good. But you’d probably still at least have to add the main 6 classes since we saw them actually switching to each other’s classes in that one cutscene.

Its actually less abilities than you'd think. Most of the classes fall under Statistic Amplification, Damage Boost or Status Effect Inducement.
So you'd want to not give the main cast access to all the classes despite the fact that there is nothing saying that they can't have access to those classes?

So you'd want to not give the main cast access to all the classes despite the fact that there is nothing saying that they can't have access to those classes?

It's not a lack of access that's the problem (you're right, all classes can be learned in due time), it's just the fact that every class has a named inheritor implies author intent that weaponry is 'canonical' to them (either that, or file inheritance under optional equipment, because 9/10ths of the Hero Quests are optional / aren't story related anyway). Besides, we're filing most of this under one of either Power Mimicry or Accelerated Development anyway.

Speaking of which...

Sounds good. But you’d probably still at least have to add the main 6 classes since we saw them actually switching to each other’s classes in that one cutscene.

This is the main distinction I want to draw attention to: even with character displeasure that they couldn't 'get the class they want' (see Eunie complaining about Mondo, Sena not getting swordie etc.) and the gauges eventual fill, only one additional class per character is acknowledged in that scene (Zephyr Noah, Swordie Mio, so on and so forth). Note how characters don't actually acknowledge getting other classes past that point, so the story only assumes those two classes unlocked per character for story reasons (hell, only their BASE is acknowledged in MoCapped/Bespoke cutscenes and story events (+ any Side Stories en route to main story events). Lest you want to go down the XC2 Blades route to building these pages (which after that one Zeke/GV thread I made, is a can of worms I do not want to open again), I'd recommend being more conservative in who we're giving what.

Oh, and try to keep in mind: Agnus party members are going to have their classes tied to standard equipment: you think Zephyr/Mondo are going to have access to Flamelord or Aureole knowing that?

It's not a lack of access that's the problem (you're right, all classes can be learned in due time), it's just the fact that every class has a named inheritor implies author intent that weaponry is 'canonical' to them (either that, or file inheritance under optional equipment, because 9/10ths of the Hero Quests are optional / aren't story related anyway). Besides, we're filing most of this under one of either Power Mimicry or Accelerated Development anyway.
So you're saying that we should intentionally limit the character's in their capabilities by not giving them those classes which they can get just because of what you believe is an author's intent which you cannot prove. Like I have mentioned dozens and dozens of times to you before like with Zeke Vs GV, as there is no reason as to why they can't have access to it especially since you are able to give them said classes at that point of the game.

What you would be doing is intentionally nerfing the character for the sake nerfing them.

This is the main distinction I want to draw attention to: even with character displeasure that they couldn't 'get the class they want' (see Eunie complaining about Mondo, Sena not getting swordie etc.) and the gauges eventual fill, only one additional class per character is acknowledged in that scene (Zephyr Noah, Swordie Mio, so on and so forth).
What? You mean when they literally just get that feature and can't get them immediately just for them to find out after one fight that they unlock each other's classes through fighting together. How does that even justify it? That would be like saying Sora shouldn't have access to his max level drive forms since they aren't unlocked immediately.

Note how characters don't actually acknowledge getting other classes past that point, so the story only assumes those two classes unlocked per character for story reasons (hell, only their BASE is acknowledged in MoCapped/Bespoke cutscenes and story events (+ any Side Stories en route to main story events). Lest you want to go down the XC2 Blades route to building these pages (which after that one Zeke/GV thread I made, is a can of worms I do not want to open again), I'd recommend being more conservative in who we're giving what.
That is what we call "the game does not know what you will have so they ignore it", this is just a normal aspect about video games since the developers won't know what the players will be doing and when they will obtain stuff. The fact remains that they are obtainable at that point of the game and thus are valid to be used. We should be using when said class is available (e.g Cammuravi's class would only be applied to profiles at a later key since his class only becomes available in the later parts of the game).

Oh, and try to keep in mind: Agnus party members are going to have their classes tied to standard equipment: you think Zephyr/Mondo are going to have access to Flamelord or Aureole knowing that?
I mean, yeah. They not only have access to those classes but there is nothing saying that cannot swap to said classes in the middle of battle in lore especially considering Master Arts which literally shows us they are capable of doing so (with the limitation being put there for balancing reasons akin to how Lucky Seven is limited in game).

The fact there is a cut scene showing they all can swap classes means they can use them all

So you're saying that we should intentionally limit the character's in their capabilities by not giving them those classes which they can get just because of what you believe is an author's intent which you cannot prove. Like I have mentioned dozens and dozens of times to you before like with Zeke Vs GV, as there is no reason as to why they can't have access to it especially since you are able to give them said classes at that point of the game.

What you would be doing is intentionally nerfing the character for the sake nerfing them.

In the words of most Smogon players: 'You make it sound like they have 6 abilities and 14 moveslots. They don't'. This isn't all that different.

And as for author intent (and we'll get to your balancing reasons as and when):
Lanz was the most involved in Fiona's story
Noah was the most involved in Ethel's story
Mio was the most involved in Miyabi's story
etc.

THAT is author intent. That's why the inheritor falls under standard equipment (funny how optional equipment slot has been ignored at this juncture, isn't it?)

That would be like saying Sora shouldn't have access to his max level drive forms since they aren't unlocked immediately.

Sora's Drive Forms aren't even remotely the same thing? If anything, they're closer to Ouroboros in how they're treated gameplay and progression-wise then the classes themselves. There's no flexible timer on when Sora gets those forms (I.E he doesn't need to 'train' to get the form), they're just up and running as and when he needs them.

That is what we call "the game does not know what you will have so they ignore it", this is just a normal aspect about video games since the developers won't know what the players will be doing and when they will obtain stuff. The fact remains that they are obtainable at that point of the game and thus are valid to be used. We should be using when said class is available (e.g Cammuravi's class would only be applied to profiles at a later key since his class only becomes available in the later parts of the game).
I mean, yeah. They not only have access to those classes but there is nothing saying that cannot swap to said classes in the middle of battle in lore especially considering Master Arts which literally shows us they are capable of doing so (with the limitation being put there for balancing reasons akin to how Lucky Seven is limited in game).

You are aware that the symbolic reference of Ouroboros is 'the serpent eating it's own tail', right? That's why the forms are a Kevesi and an Agnian coming together? I don't think that's JUST a gameplay concession, the idea is more than deliberate.

ALSO: how do you plan to handle threads that don't give XC3 party members their standard classes, given how Zeke/GV was shut down for 'not giving him Prevasion'? Zephyr Mio, for example, would be standard equipment, because that's what is assumed for any story-related scenes with canned or bespoke/MoCapped animations. See where I'm going with this?

In the words of most Smogon players: 'You make it sound like they have 6 abilities and 14 moveslots. They don't'. This isn't all that different.
You say that but that is a false equivalence. As you been told upon dozens and dozens of times, characters (especially in RPGs) are given access to everything that could have for that key as due to player choice it is impossible to know what exactly is going to be used with ironically enough Pokemon profiles giving them access to all their moves and abilities. So as I have told you many times before, if you want this change you are going to have to make a wiki wide revision.

And as for author intent (and we'll get to your balancing reasons as and when):
Lanz was the most involved in Fiona's story
Noah was the most involved in Ethel's story
Mio was the most involved in Miyabi's story
etc.

THAT is author intent. That's why the inheritor falls under standard equipment (funny how optional equipment slot has been ignored at this juncture, isn't it?)
Okay and? Just because they have access to the class first does not mean the others shouldn't also have it since we know they are capable of doing so and are capable of obtaining it, give me a scan that says that they can't have access to it and then I'll go with that idea. Also optional equipment is for equipment that a character rarely has (e.g Dunban with the Monado) or is something added on later which was done for fun (e.g Shulk, Fiora and Elma as Blades).
Given in this scenario that it fits under neither of those situations and that its a class that the main cast can obtain with no lore reason as to why they can't then it would make no logical sense as to put it under optional equipment.

Sora's Drive Forms aren't even remotely the same thing? If anything, they're closer to Ouroboros in how they're treated gameplay and progression-wise then the classes themselves. There's no flexible timer on when Sora gets those forms (I.E he doesn't need to 'train' to get the form), they're just up and running as and when he needs them.
Strawman here as I never mentioned the two were similar. I brought them up since your reasoning for not wanting them included was because the cast did not have access to them from the start even when they learned that they can gain access to them literally one scene later which was compared to if you did not give Sora access to his max level drive forms just because he does not have them immediately.
You are aware that the symbolic reference of Ouroboros is 'the serpent eating it's own tail', right? That's why the forms are a Kevesi and an Agnian coming together? I don't think that's JUST a gameplay concession, the idea is more than deliberate.
Yes I am aware but that is as you put it what you think, I would recommend that ya provide an in lore scan for the reason as to why they cannot. Otherwise there is no reason to believe they cannot.

ALSO: how do you plan to handle threads that don't give XC3 party members their standard classes, given how Zeke/GV was shut down for 'not giving him Prevasion'? Zephyr Mio, for example, would be standard equipment, because that's what is assumed for any story-related scenes with canned or bespoke/MoCapped animations. See where I'm going with this?
That Zeke/GV wasn't just for the disallowance of Prevasion but also limiting Zeke to only Pandoria which is what I said on that thread and like that thread I mentioned you can still do those matches but on Fun and Games where you can basically do anything for fun since it will not be added to the profiles. For example you could have all the Xeno protags have a fist fight by banning their weapons and abilities in Fun and Games so if you want to do those kind of matches, don't put them in Versus Threads as they'll only be shut down with a potential ban if it doesn't stop.

(srs for late reply): I'm thinking of knocking down the Low 1-C stuff, Alvis, and the 'optional equipment' debacle for XC2/3 verses in a full CRT at some point, but a lot has come up on my IRL plate, so it'll have to wait.

In the meantime: could I ask where the main source of 'Alvis is Ontos' theories came from? Was it just Miiks making the connection? Or do we actually think that Klaus/Phase Transition talk holds up on it's own merits?

Back