• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Hm. Something just came to mind for me.

The Pneuma core is capable of creating Ouroboros and use Ouroboros energy.

The Logos core can do the same as seen by N's whole "Drive it in" line where his sword that apparently has the Logos core according to Rex released a burst of Ouroboros energy.

And the Ontos core just has it as shown by A who just shows up with Ouroboros powers.

Given it all this, Ouroboros stuff seem to be innately tied to Aegis Blades.

I dissent against this for two reasons:

Firstly, no one in universe brings up Glimmer having the same thing in her chest (child of Rex and all that), nor does Rex say anything about the 'main' Pneuma Core Crystal ending up in the hands of the city folk and the Vandhams. Couldn't Glimmer have done the same thing by the plot's own logic? Or did Moebius expunge this power from her re-incarnations because of her Agnian heritage?

Secondly (and more importantly), are we just going to forget that, between this and the theory that 'Alvis wasn't another Zanza in XC1 because Zanza and Mayneth were equivalents to the other cores of the Trinity Processor', we have opened a titanic can of worms by the plot implying that Alvis thinks TP and (by extension) Ouroboros are 'obsolete life'? The city folk weren't looking to take another stone with them when Alvis went to leave (iirc) might I add, so by eating himself, he... looked to slay Ouroboros? What sense does that make?

I dissent against this for two reasons:

Firstly, no one in universe brings up Glimmer having the same thing in her chest (child of Rex and all that), nor does Rex say anything about the 'main' Pneuma Core Crystal ending up in the hands of the city folk and the Vandhams. Couldn't Glimmer have done the same thing by the plot's own logic? Or did Moebius expunge this power from her re-incarnations because of her Agnian heritage?
Well yeah, As Pyra's kid, Glimmer's core looks like that. Its a similar case to Nia and Mio having identical cores. It doesn't mean Glimmer is an actual Aegis Blade. Otherwise that would have been more important.

Moebius could also just have the power to just delete this from the reincarnations. We see many actual Blades (not Flesh Eaters) such as Sena or Taion not have their Blade Physiology so it is certainly possible.

Secondly (and more importantly), are we just going to forget that, between this and the theory that 'Alvis wasn't another Zanza in XC1 because Zanza and Mayneth were equivalents to the other cores of the Trinity Processor', we have opened a titanic can of worms by the plot implying that Alvis thinks TP and (by extension) Ouroboros are 'obsolete life'? The city folk weren't looking to take another stone with them when Alvis went to leave (iirc) might I add, so by eating himself, he... looked to slay Ouroboros? What sense does that make?
What? Alpha didn't think the TP and by extension Ouroboros were obsolete life. He believed those who originated from the old worlds were which is why he wanted to take the City folk to a new world of his making. His whole thing to A was that a conscience has no place in the TP with his reasoning being that it clouds logical judgement as shown by his example with Klaus.

Ironically enough, given most of the City folk have Ouroboros blood Alpha would likely prefer those with Ouroboros in them.

First bit is fine, ig, but:

What? Alpha didn't think the TP and by extension Ouroboros were obsolete life. He believed those who originated from the old worlds were which is why he wanted to take the City folk to a new world of his making. His whole thing to A was that a conscience has no place in the TP with his reasoning being that it clouds logical judgement as shown by his example with Klaus.

Ironically enough, given most of the City folk have Ouroboros blood Alpha would likely prefer those with Ouroboros in them.

Right, but my point is that, if this actually WAS Logos and Pneuma's power, and after seemingly killing Matthew and N, IF that power still existed, Alvis would have just stopped attacking, or at the very least no longer been in his robo-manic state. Why, are we saying that A is now the only thing that can act as arbiter of Logos and Pneuma's power? TP is literally the result of a universe that pre-dates Bionis/Mechonis and Alrest, need we be reminded. If Klaus is his vector for what he wants purged, well... EVERYTHING gets ******.

And this is the other thing: even if killing Pneuma's current wielder (we're arguing Matthew here, right?) does or doesn't mean killing Ouroboros, it's only a matter of time until Alvis writes even Ouroboros itself off as obsolete life. When does expiry end and new life begin?

First bit is fine, ig, but:

Right, but my point is that, if this actually WAS Logos and Pneuma's power, and after seemingly killing Matthew and N, IF that power still existed, Alvis would have just stopped attacking, or at the very least no longer been in his robo-manic state.
Alpha wouldn't stop. A's point at the lake was that he was reawakened without their influence not that he constantly needs it. Suddenly having them around wouldn't turn him back. Alvis was not like Alpha because he had Klaus' regrets to stabilise him as stated by A.
Why, are we saying that A is now the only thing that can act as arbiter of Logos and Pneuma's power? TP is literally the result of a universe that pre-dates Bionis/Mechonis and Alrest, need we be reminded. If Klaus is his vector for what he wants purged, well... EVERYTHING gets ******.
What even are you trying to say here?? A logically can do so due to literally being an Ontos, same as Alpha. And Alpha's whole deal with Klaus was that he used him as an example of why he said a conscience has no place in the TP not that Klaus is vector for what he wants purged. Alpha only wants those from the City and is gonna erase the rest.
And this is the other thing: even if killing Pneuma's current wielder (we're arguing Matthew here, right?) does or doesn't mean killing Ouroboros, it's only a matter of time until Alvis writes even Ouroboros itself off as obsolete life. When does expiry end and new life begin?
What?? The question of "When would Alpha consider Ouroboros obsolete life" is unrelated to the topic at hand of if Aegis Blades have something akin to Ouroboros powers given that it came from them. The point related to the previous post is that it isn't Ouroboros is that he considered obsolete but those not born of the City.

I'm heavily confused on why you're contesting it being the other Aegis Cores when not only do we literally see the Pneuma core along with both A and Rex both react to it's energy and Rex even mentioning to A about how Pneuma and Logos wouldn't have an issue with that him and Shulk are doing with the camera hovering over the gauntlet we just saw have the core in it. This should be extremely straightforward.

Yes, we don't know how he the Vandham family got it or anything but we just have to accept that Matthew has it.

Question: will the Ouroboros members in the main game get access to their other classes they unlocked in game via their iris'?

Aight. So another thing that needs to be done is updating the verse page for Xenoblade 3. This one will far more simple than actually making a page

I've made a new sandbox for it. So be sure to do whatever with it as I'll be focusing on the profiles.
Need to add Xenoblade 3 to the Summary and add official pictures of the characters links to their profiles instead of fan art

Aight, question for yall for the verse page image.

Do ya prefer this
400.png

Or this
VersePage.jpg

Someone tried that a bit ago. It didn't go anywhere. You can try get 'em there if ya want.
I'll probably be making a general purpose Xenoblade 2 revision including this and endgame speeds being MFTL via Jin blitzing Rex's Foresight (ik there's a Xenoblade X MFTL+ calc now but that's for later presumably)

I mean to begin with, how valid is Ino's statement of being the world's strongest artificial Blade anyway?

Back