• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xatu vs Gardevoir (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was done a few years ago but never finished.

Mega gardevoir is restricted and fight takes place inna standard pokemon league arena

Xatu: 2 (@Garchomp777 , @Lou_change )

295c4a103ca1c89aa6d6cd837153e56e.jpg

Gardevoir: 3 (@Gilad_Hyperstar , @FinePoint , @Soupywolf5 )

e29154b3c073348f1537907fcad554d5.png

Inconclusive: 7 (@King_Clab , @ElixirBlue , @SamanPatou ,@Starter_Pack ,@GlaceonGamez471 , @Popted2 , @Oleggator )

Last edited:
Xatu due to the fact that it can see the past so yeah. Better knowledge, easier for xatu to utilise its prowess to win

Xatu due to the fact that it can see the past so yeah. Better knowledge, easier for xatu to utilise its prowess to win
Gardevoir has moonblast to weaken Xatu's attacks, as well as moves such as Shadow Ball to win, and has precognition to help it avoid Xatu's attacks

Xatu also don't seem to resist Black Hole manip so it'll get sucked in should Gardevoir use it

Gardevoir has moonblast to weaken Xatu's attacks, as well as moves such as Shadow Ball to win, and has precognition to help it avoid Xatu's attacks

Xatu also don't seem to resist Black Hole manip so it'll get sucked in should Gardevoir use it
Xatu also has precognition, and to a far greater degree, and black holes are something gardevoir pretty much never uses in character.

Xatu also has precognition, and to a far greater degree, and black holes are something gardevoir pretty much never uses in character.
Sure, but Moon Blast is still going to be very problematic to Xatu, and so does moves such as Shadow Ball, which can reduce its defense

Sure, but Moon Blast is still going to be very problematic to Xatu, and so does moves such as Shadow Ball, which can reduce its defense
Gardevoir doesn't learn shadow ball naturally, the best ghost type move it has is shadow sneak which won't due much with its low attack. Any stat changes can also be undone with power swap and guard swap, and it has ominous wind which has a chance of raising all stats

Gardevoir doesn't learn shadow ball naturally, the best ghost type move it has is shadow sneak which won't due much with its low attack. Any stat changes can also be undone with power swap and guard swap, and it has ominous wind which has a chance of raising all stats
Shadow Sneak is still super effective to Xatu, and while sneaking Gardevoir is basically undetectable by Xatu. Ominous Wind and Haze aren't really in character for Xatu either, while Moon Blast is both in character for Gardevoir and is boosted by her being a fairy type.

Xatu's superior precog means it'll basically know what gardevoir will do long before it happens, and if ominous wind is out of character for xatu then so is shadow sneak for gardevoir. And moon blasts stat lowering gets undone by power swap, also moves like tailwind increase xatu's speed and air slash has a chance of causing gardevoir to flinch.

What stops Gardevoir from using Imprison?
  1. Gardevoir manifests a psychic seal inscribed with the character 封 (the first kanji of 封 印, which translates to English as "seal") on the target's body, preventing them from using any techniques that Gardevoir also has complete knowledge of.
Does Imprison Affect Precog?

What stops Gardevoir from using Imprison?
  1. Gardevoir manifests a psychic seal inscribed with the character 封 (the first kanji of 封 印, which translates to English as "seal") on the target's body, preventing them from using any techniques that Gardevoir also has complete knowledge of.
Does Imprison Affect Precog?
It only affects moves, not things like inherent abilities

Also I really don't think we can say as any specific move is out of character. The reason why I said black holes specifically are out of character is because we've only ever seen gardevoir use it like once and even then it's stated to be a last resort technique it uses to protect its loved ones, and it risks it's own life in doing so.

Well, Voting Xatu, The only way I see Gardevoir winning is threw Sleep manip but Xatu has Magic gaurd, and Early Bird and Synchronize, So sleep is useless and She will always be slower and Will Rarley get a hit in.

Any abilities on their profiles except for mega gardevoir's pixilate
Then Gardevoir has an advantage with telepathy, meaning it's constantly reading Xatu's mind to know what it'll do, on top of their precognition, has syncronize so any status effect xatu throws at Gardevoir also affect Xatu as well, and trace would allow it to recieve Xatu's abilities as well, which includes Magic bounce which prevent Xatu from affecting it with an projectile effect anyway

Well, Voting Xatu, The only way I see Gardevoir winning is threw Sleep manip but Xatu has Magic gaurd, and Early Bird and Synchronize, So sleep is useless and She will always be slower and Will Rarley get a hit in.
Xatu doesn't have Magic Guard, meaning Gardevoir can affect it with sleep hax just fine

Synchronize does not inflict sleep or freeze.

Xatu can literally nullify all of those with simple beam, and magic bounce only affects status moves, and xatu has it as well.

There's no rule about op being neutral, they just can't vote and they can't just ignore the votes of others.

There's no rule about op being neutral, they just can't vote and they can't just ignore the votes of others.
No, but it looks pretty bad when you make a match that you clearly favor one of the characters. Regardless of who wins, it should be the voters who present the arguments for each side, while the OP counts the votes

It's not like I'm going to ignore people's arguments, it's also the op's job to make sure the discussion doesn't die, anyways if it's that big of a deal I'll stop.

The OP can participate all they want, and vote, it is only an unspoken rule that they remain a neutral party (iirc).

Not voting for either right now, just clarifying some things. I'll weigh in with an argument when I am home in about an hour or so.

Anyways I assume you're voting for gardevoir finepoint?
Yes I do. It's abilities, alongside its movesets and stats should give it the win here.

Even if Xatu manages to boost itself, Gardevoir can simply steal the boosts with skill swap.

Gardevoir can also imprison Xatu and prevent it from using abilities it knows too, which would be pretty bad for Xatu as they share many moves.

Simple beam is a Egg Move. (Just saying)
Xatu doesn't have Magic Guard, meaning Gardevoir can affect it with sleep hax just fine
Magic Bounce would Deflect Sleep Hax.

So both has Precog so they Both can keep Dodging each other for a long time but Gardierver (I forgot how to speel her name just now) has Double team to confuse Xatu but has.............. Nonthing to do against that. Haze and Roost is a egg move so it has no counter to Gardervoier being able to Boost itself. Changing my Vote to Gardevoir (I think I just Spelled it right)

Simple beam is a Egg Move. (Just saying)

Magic Bounce would Deflect Sleep Hax.

So both has Precog so they Both can keep Dodging each other for a long time but Gardierver (I forgot how to speel her name just now) has Double team to confuse Xatu but has.............. Nonthing to do against that. Haze and Roost is a egg move so it has no counter to Gardervoier being able to Boost itself. Changing my Vote to Gardevoir (I think I just Spelled it right)
Egg moves are free game on this wiki.

After thinking for a bit, I might say Gardevoir for Right now But I might change my vote to Xatu Tomorrow or a couple of Hours from Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back