• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I like MMZ design more.

Also, MMZ Zero >> X. He defeated Omega and Dark Elf combined, both of whom are comfortably superior to X (Dark Elf even when supressed)

Hmmm, this is really hard for me. Both resist all the hax the other has, so this is gonna come from other attributes.

X likely has a slight versatility edge over Zero due to having more weapons despite Zero having a technique advantage. While both have comparable range, X is a better marksman.

On the other hand though, Zero has the edge in close quarters combat and can absorb energy with his saber, meaning he could get close up and go to town.

X is also physically tougher than Zero despite the fact that both can withstand grievous injuries. Zero on the other hand, is faster in any game than X. Neither one outclasses the other very badly despite incremental edges.

Zero has like maybe a months more experience or so in battle than X, not really a meaningful difference when both are centuries old.

I think the deciding factor will be stamina. I think both are relatively equal, but Zero's got infinite ammo for most of his techniques unless this is composite X, in which case it's a mostly moot point.

Going with Zero for a very slight margin though. He's more stoic than even X as a general rule, and the gap between their close quarters combat is greater than the gap between their ranged combat

Zero 6/10

To be serious, this battle will depend on the arena in which the two are inserted. In megaman x5, zero clearly beat X (he got up first) because he was in a place completely infected by the Zero Virus, which strengthened him and made X weaker. However, if the arena is a place completely free of the virus, X wins this battle. He has several types of armor that give it great efficiency in both long range and short range combat. Not to mention the fact that he can fly while Zero does not (unless you take into account absolute zero).

Zero is also versatile in both long and short ranged combat

Thr relevance of flight is questionable as Zero defeated Harpuia who has better flight

I agree with Z era Zero being stronger, however this battle is using X era Zero.

I think I'll go with X due to a larger amount of weapons and versatility (mostly from his solo X games and more options with the armors). From what I get they are both pretty much even in other categories, around the same level of experience (Zero has a bit more or prior experience, but X has more fights against Sigma's schemes and his mavericks), skill (each outmatches the other in a different regard, Zero is better at CQC, X at ranged combat, but both are skilled in their not specialties) and phyisical capabilities (and with speed equalized Zero's edge in that category is gone).

They are pretty close, though. In scenarios where they fight they both end on the floor. While Zero is in good enough shape to get up in two of them, in the one where he's empowered by the Maverick Virus (and according to the game stronger than ever), he can only muster the strength to jump in the way and save X. Also, in X2, X can fight a controlled Zero and win, being in good enough shape to defeat Sigma afterwards. So even their score is all over the place.

Harpuia can fly, but X probably being better at long range, flying would be more efficient for him than for harpuia.

As chocholate said, X can defeat Zero during MMx2 and shows no fatigue at all after the battle, which means that the fight was sided to X favor. You might argue that Zero was crazy and irrational due to sigma control, but even if he was in full consciousness the result would probably be the same

It wouldn't be the same at all. This was sorta like Zero's fight with Copy X, a physical equal to X who didn't have his experience or drive (and hax in both cases). Zero showed no fatigued at all afterwards and goes on to decimate the Neo Arcadian army

@TartaChocolate

His weapons, unlike Zero's techniques, have ammo limits. Zero can spam as much as he wants.

Experience is irrelevent. Zero's defeated Sigma plenty of times and originally perma-killed

Zero has tons of ranged attacks. X only has a handful of CQC attacks. The gap between their ranged skill is not nearly as big as the gap between their CQC.

Zero may have been stronger than ever, but he was basically Omega in that he was a bit stronger, but Zero is a smarter fighter without the virus, while with it (And similar to Omega) he was basically an "attack attack attack, rinse and repeat" fighter, making no use of defensive or other moves.

Also, Zero's saber has energy absorption and he has the fans that reflect ranged attacks. Those counter most of X's arsenal (the fans in particular have a wide spread, so even rapid fire won't hit Zero much, if at all)

@Bruce

The Ultimate Armor gives X unlimited ammo in X4.

X is still not a slouch in CQC and still beat Zero in the bad ending where the latter unlocked his full power.

Right, forgot that bit.

The fight still could've gone either way and Zero won more times than not

The fight in X2 isn't canon

Zero wins (albeit barely) no matter the situation in X5, and I don't know which ending is canon, so I'll add a point there.

Also, X fought a Zero roughly comparable to Omega in terms of fighting style, as I said above. Maverick Zero even fights quite similarly to Omega

MMX5 shows it's a tie, sure zero gets up faster but you need to remember he was somewhat empowered by the enviroment they were fighting in.

The bad end shows the same result, except this time around Zero was amped a lot by the virus and also was bloodlusted, yet the fight had the same result.

@Bruce

I'm talking about the fight in X5.

Also, Omega doesn't spam the Genmurei like crazy.

@Aguila

Fair enough

@Reppuzan

KK. Zero still gets up faster though. If we was still crazy he no doubt would've killed X

True, but I'm referring more to the fact that both don't use any defensive moves (Except in the case of Omega, that pillar of light move, but Zero has tons still so it's hardly excusable)

I may be mistaken on this one, but... didn't X defeat Omega along with Zero? Also, Zero, from what I get has become considerably stronger in the Zero Series compared to his X incarnation, hasn't he? Reason why he could take down Omega on his own later.

@Bruce:

I disagree regarding experience, it's quite important and even decisive in cases where other factors are even. However, you missed my point: What I was saying is that they were even in that regard in different ways. Zero was a much better fighter than X at the beginning (it's kind of a plot point in X1), X eventually caught up with his own fights and they became equals.

I wouldn't say Copy X was quite the same as X. Zero outright says "his body" remembers X was a lot stronger than Copy who he considered a weakling. If he was on the same tier as the original X he would have managed to be of some challenge to Zero. There's also this bit from the audio drama: https://youtu.be/8Kx2o9RTrq8?t=64 which remarks on the same. I could be mistaken, but I always thought that Copy X was regarded to be a perfect imitation, but in reality was flawed, evidently seen as how much of a tyrannical monster, compared to how noble X was, he was and symbolized (ironically) by being a lot weaker, something Zero does note.

Is there official word in their X2 fight not being canon? Because both scenarios, Zero destroying his clone and the actual fight, lead to the same ending. It would be different if a guide book or something similar stated one scenario is the canon one, however.

EDIT: Nevermind, the X5 intro does show Zero destroying his copy in the flashback sequence.

Zero has many ranged attacks, true, however X has dozens of them with very different properties and effects, remember their charged versions as well. And not all his weapons are simply a projectile; there's the Chameleon Sting intangibility (which in MHX also allows X to swap and use different weapons), the Rolling Shield barrier, the Triad Thunder, Sonic Slicer and Gravity Well AOE attacks, for example. I wouldn't say his advantage here is small. Also remember several of his charged attacks also become close range moves, X isn't helpless in this regard.

You have to remember that the virus made Zero stronger enough to alarm the Maverick Hunters, it wasn't just a slight boost if dialogue is to go by. Awakened Zero was a more extreme case of it, though. I don't know if Zero becomes more of a brute when awakened, as you say, by looking at their boss battles, Awakened Zero uses trickier attacks and patterns instead of just being more aggresive. He also states his mind is clear like in some sort of ectasy instead of a loss of self control.

Copy X body is weaker than the original X. The game itself makes it clear, since copy X has a robotic voice, which serves to evidence that he is a weaker copy. Also, copy X has transformations that the original X does not have, such as its archangel form. It kind of makes it clear that he is not a perfect copy.

@Orion

Wrong. Ciel created an explicitly perfect copy of X. However, Copy X lacked X's memories, combat experience, morality proofing, and generally had a messiah complex due to being the perfect copy of Master X.

Weil's reconstruction was intentionally flawed so that he could blow up Copy X and pin the war on Zero and Ciel.

If copy X is a perfect copy then why does he have forms that the original X does not have? And why does he have a robotic voice? The robotic voice in my view is design decision of the producers to demonstrate that he is a inferior copy. And the robotic voice is his born voice.

@Orion

Because Ciel made him. He's explicitly stated to be a perfect copy of X, but doesn't have his memories, battle experience, weapons, or morality on top of a gigantic ego inflated by the real X's pure goodness.

The robotic voice doesn't mean jack. Your opinion about it doesn't matter if it isn't a fact.

Copy X is literally as strong as regular X.

But he lacks the humanity and morality that made X strong.

Character statements can not always be taken as facts, since even the characters can make mistakes. In case, copy X claiming that it's a perfect copy is just what he thinks he is, not a fact.The robotic voice of course means something, otherwise there would be no reason for it to be there. The producers could have simply given him a normal voice like all the other reploids, but preferred to give him a mechanical voice.

@Orion

When Ciel is literally the single greatest scientist on the face of the planet, it's much easier to take her statements at face value.

There's no indication that Copy X's robotic voice means something. It's like saying someone's stronger just because their voice is deeper.

That's not what I'm talking about, having a deeper voice is not an anomaly. A robotic voice is and is something that original X did not have, this is why i pointing it.

Ciel never said that copy x was a perfect copy. And just because she's a genius does not mean she'd be able to replicate X perfectly on her first try. Copy X was her first creation in her life and she did not even was able to get to study the original body of X but only observed the internal working of the guardians.

She was genetically engineered to be the single greatest scientist on the planet and invented perfectly clean and free energy at the age of 15. She also launched investigations into the nature of Cyber Elves and led the entire Resistance while handling nearly all of their logistics. She's possibly the single most intelligent character in the entire franchise.

Stop obsessing over minor details and get back to the important ones.

Back