• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

X-Blade Powers and Abilities upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nehz_XZX

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Keyblades were originally forged based upon the X-Blade so it should have all of the abilities Keyblades have. It should also have limited Weather Manipulation since summoning Kingdom Hearts causes the clouds to part and it going away causes them to go back where they were before. Xehanort should also have this but as straight up Weather Manipulation since he could summon Kingdom Hearts even before the X-Blade was forged in birth by sleep, and cause a storm and a darkening of the sky in the Land of Departure.

Being able to summon Kingdom Hearts should probably also be noted in the bracket after Summoning for Xehanort alongside with the fact that he can summon his Keyblade. The fact that the X-Blade can manipulate Kingdom Hearts a Type 1 Abstract Existence should be worth noting as justification for Conceptual Manipulation.

Regarding Conceptual Manipulation, the Conceptual Manipulation of the Keyblade is listed as Type 3 despite it's wielder having it listed as Type 2. That should be changed accordingly. Keyblades are also capable of "unlocking" instead of just "locking" so they should get Sealing Negation. An example of that power is Sora unlocking Hades' Underdrome that was locked up by Zeus. Since Keyblades can destroy the very existence of Darkness and remove curses, Curse Removal should simply be replaced with straight up Purification.

Oh yeah, it seems that was forgot to be done, all the changes seem fine, and Curse Removal links to the Purification page, at least on most of the profiles.

Shouldn't it be just changed to Purification?

If there are still pages where Purification isn't linked then that should be remedied.

Well, it states for what in particular while also linking such page accordingly, so it's fine in the current way it is.

And yeah, but as far I'm aware that got fixed already.

Sealing Negation could work given the nature of Keyblades.

Xehanort already has Concept Manip.

The Weather Manip seems fine.

My points regarding Conceptual Manipulation are additional justifications. I know that he already has that listed.

Bobsican, I have noticed that Terra's Curse Removal links to the Curse Manipulation Page. Ventus, Aqua and Young Xehanort have Curse Removal on their page but there are no links. That needs to be fixed.

Okay, first of all, please try to keep all the CRTs you want to do in a single thread at a time, doing multiple threads in a short timeframe leads into an even bigger mess that hard to organize.

Overall, this seems to be quite consistent and there's really no counterarguments to virtually think of, so I guess the changes can be applied if Sera is fine with this.

Okay, I'll refrain myself from making any more than there are already for now.

Riku Replica's page also lacks a link for Curse Removal.

Can somebody experienced summarise what is suggested here and why?

Okay, I'll try:

- X-Blade gets all the powers from the original Keyblade by upscaling

- Summoning and Weather Manip for X-Blade

- Conceptual Manip minor fixes (They should have been applied already, but it seems updating that in particular got forgotten, to be exact, updating everything back to type 2, which is already accepted and all, as said before that just got forgotten to be updated here)

- Minor format fixing on some profiles about Curse Removal on some profiles.

I have also written that Xehanort should get straight up Weather Manipulation for being able to summon Kingdom Hearts before the X-Blade was even forged and the way he destroyed Land of Departure.

Keyblades should get Sealing Negation for being able to unlock things like for example Hades' Underdrome.

The above doesn't seem controversial, so I could apply the revisions now if there's no issue.

If there is no problem with these, then they should simply applied and we can close this thread then.

I'm waiting for a reply from Ant, I also have to note that the other KH VSBW guys at the Discord group I and others are at don't seem to mind.

You have been discussing it at a Discord group?

Yeah, we already have a Discord group to discuss KH revisions.

I could invite you if you want.

I don't have Discord. Would you recommend it to me?

@Bobsican

That seems fine to apply, yes.

Nehz XZX said:
I don't have Discord. Would you recommend it to me?
Well, it basically allows a real-time chat discussion like the now-dead chat the wiki has, but it also keeps track of what has been posted like here, so organizing stuff is far more convinient there.

Anyways, I'll go ahead and apply the changes, thanks.

Bobsican, I have now installed Discord on my computer. I'm using the same name there and I have the number 9516. You can invite me now to the chat. I'm curious about the discussions you are having on Discord.

Vanitas' profile has this: Life Extraction and Existence Erasure (The Keyblade can remove the heart of someone, turning their heart into a Heartless and erasing them).

This might be something that should be added to the Keyblade, the X-Blade and the other Keyblade Wielders as well. I'm not sure about the part about turning hearts into Heartless though. Xehanort did seem to have done that to Ansem's other pupils so that would get him Transmutation and Corruption.

@Nehz

Okay.

@Bobsican

Feel free to do so.

After thinking about it a little more, I'm wondering why removing hearts is treated as Life Extraction on Vanitas' profile. Shouldn't it be Conceptual Manipulation (type 2)? The same can be said for Kingdom Hearts (World) as well.

Life Manipulation (The light of Kingdom Hearts can restore hearts and is likely the very origin of them)

Shouldn't that be Conceptual Manipulation (type 2)?

Yeah, it is, gotta update those.

I'm going to be more busy for a while, but the changes should be finished by tomorrow.

Okay, finally applied everything,

Transmutation and corruption for Xehanort seems to fall more as just conceptual manip as he removed their "hearts" to turn them into Nobodies, so I don't think that should be listed as "hearts" becoming Heartless is something natural, rather than an actual ability on his part as far I'm aware.

Transmutation and Corruption are listed on the Heartless Physiology page. There is also the fact that a heart has to succumb to darkness in order to turn into a heartless.

As stated before, I don't think that has to be mentioned as it's a side effect of the "heart" being set loose, which is a natural thing rather than an actual ability, then again, there's the whole "Nonexistent Physiology EE" thing that's on the same thing, so it could get added, I guess, but I don't have the time to edit over 20 profiles over something like this, however, it just being mentioned in the Keyblade page should be enought.

I would have the time for editing the profiles and my account doesn't say that it is new anymore. I was able to add myself to the supporters on the verse page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back