• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WWLink Downgrades (Zelda)

WW Link's current stats are scaled from Ganondorf, but this is incorrect for several reasons.

1. Ganondorf's feat of moving the earth to create an endless night, while it was done when Big G had most of his power sealed, he also had the ToP, which he DOES'T have in the final battle

2. When the King made his wish on the TF, he actually made 3 wishes: Wash away the old kingdom of Hyrule, to give Link and Zelda hope and "Ganondorf! May you drown with Hyrule!!!". As you can't have hope if you die, and Big G was already destinied to lose, the TF likely amped Link's stats and/or nerfed Ganondorf's, or at least intervened making the scale unvalid

3. Big G wasn't willing to kill in the final battle, as shown when he knocked Zelda instead of simply killing her.

Obviously this affects as well PHLink

So this won't affect Ganondorf or other Links who scale to him? Just the Wind Waker Link, and Bellum? I'm not entirely certain and kind of neutral but I'll wait for Cal's input. Anyway, Link still had the Triforce of Courage throughout Wind Waker iirc, just lost it in the final battle. Also, Ganondorf not being willing to kill applied more so to Zelda, who doesn't scale in the first place, rather than Link.

Im not sure about "amping" EoG Link and Zelda, I felt it was more like giving them courage/hope, they didnt seem to be stronger.

Big G never kills Zelda in character, you shouldnt take that into account. He always goes for Link first (OoT, TP,...).

Its true he didnt have the ToP at the moment, I dont know which stats he has with no triforce right now.

WW Link was still prepared to fight ToP Crenado and withstood serious punches from him.

The entire sequence with King Daphnes and the Triforce was only 1 wish not 3. "Give these children hope" was just part of his speech about how Hyrule and its past needs to be washed away to make way for the future, and him saying "May you drown with Hyrule" was just him saying he hopes Uncle Nando to be washed away with Hyrule, if it was a wish he would have worded as "and drown Ganon along with this kingdom" as opposed to looking directly at him and saying I hope you drown, it's more of a threat directed at Nando as opposed to a direct wish.

Theres no concrete evidence that the Triforce did anything else over than flooding Hyrule away forever (It's possible but there's not enough solid evidence), Link was still primed and ready to fight full power Crenado and even took unrestrained hits from him. Maybe "Likely High 5-A" as opposed to straight up High 5-A could work?

Yeah Vinny does have good point.

Although link and Ganon had lost the triforce on the end of the game when fighting.

link and Ganon planet still just prior ta fighting andjust eog would be town oddly.

Well, Ganondorf stomped end game Link right before the final battle, so Link getting amped via triforce wish makes sense. In a Zelda game is difficult to understand how strong is someone. According to game stats, adult Link is only 2x stronger than child Link

True, but he hadn't wanted to kill Link even before, so I'm not sure.

Either High 6-C or High 6-A, I don't know

He didn't stomp Link, he suddenly charged at him in a frenzy after staying calm and knocked him down. Link later got up somewhat dazed from his attacks and preceeded to fight him, plus Ganon can still tank Light Arrows which are consistently High 5-A (The only exception being Majoras Mask).

And like I said earlier, WW Link was portrayed as being ready to fight a full power Ganon plus he wielded both the Triforce of Power a fully powered up Master Sword which should put him in the same league as the Hero of Time and Hero of Light.

"He didn't stomp Link, he suddenly charged at him in a frenzy after staying calm and knocked him down." Doesn't change the fact that Link was stomped by Big G. "Ganon can still tank Light Arrows which are consistently High 5-A." Are you suggesting that Big G's dura with ToP is the same as his normal dura? "WW Link was portrayed as being ready to fight a full power Ganon." Not sure about this one, but IIRC he simply thought that having the powered MS was enough to defeat him. And the sentence "Give these children hope" means that they basically already had won as they were "destined" to survive.

Back