• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst. Match. Ever: Misogi vs Ahzek Ahriman

Predicting every action within a nanosecond vs erasing all actions

.... Was Ahriman actually able to do anything here

Unless I'm missing something, Ahriman resists everything Kumagawa has and is too durable to just be wacked. Kumagawa uses it to strike instantly and stuff as opposed to just becoming infinitely fast (this is theoretically possible, but not something he instantly does) which makes it basically no different from Ahriman's litteny of thought based no travel time ways to kill.

He can probably null AF.

He should have both those powers available, though I don't think his Erasure was one of the instant ones when outside the warp. On that subject though, if things go south there's the good old warp portal into warp lure combo he can fall back on

It was addressed in that Culexus thread, but of course it was.

It's because all fiction has it's own removal and resistance to nullification that it doesn't get brought up much. However, Ahriman's got some power null. Via an ambush, he was able to paralyze and nullify Yvraine and the Yncarne. Now I wouldn't that this gives him 1-A power nulls or something weird, but the Yncarne was seen as complete anathema to chaos. It's regular attacks could permanently end daemons, and the chaos gods themselves found it unpleasant to look directly at. It was done via manipulating the warp, but Ahriman's has the resources to force this sort of situation to happen, via dispersing himself into the warp or just teleporting kumagawa there.

It seems like Ahriman has ways to deal with everything Kumagawa has, and precog to deal with those things properly. I think this would be a stomp.

Agnaa said:
It seems like Ahriman has ways to deal with everything Kumagawa has, and precog to deal with those things properly. I think this would be a stomp.
Even with precog, he wouldn't be fast enough to block or dodge kumagawas infinite speed hax. Unless he can resist bookmaker, I vote kumagawa

He resists power null yes. He can also just kill kumagawa with a thought himself, disable AF, mindhax, teleport, shift out of sync with reality to dodge it, etc.

I agree with Agnaa.

Ahriman seem to be able to deal with everything that Kumagawa can throw at him while responding back with things that will put Kumagawa down.

Ahriman resists AF due to resisting causality manipulation from other Thousand Son Sorcerors and can erase Kuma completely with a thought. So yes this is a stomp.

Also the resistance to causality manip isn't on Ahriman's profile. You guys should get that added before using it in a fight.

EmperorRorepme said:
I don't think it would matter. Precognition covers anything possible here.

How does the sealing work? I'm geniunely interested.
He spawns screws with a minus sign on them inside people. After they're damaged by it, their intellect, body, spirit, talent, and technique (think powers and abilities section) all fall to Kumagawa's level. The shock from this can cause people to go unconscious.

EmperorRorepme said:
So basically a huge statistics reduction. Ahriman could counter that by turning intangible but he does resist power nullification.
Could you guys get these resistances to power nullification/causality manipulation added to his profile?

EmperorRorepme said:
So basically a huge statistics reduction. Ahriman could counter that by turning intangible but he does resist power nullification.
You keep saying that he can resist power nullification, but bookmaker is a seal, and it doesn't say that he has resistance to sealing anywhere in his power and abilities. Also, even if he can turn intangible, kumagawa should be able to hit him with bookmaker before he can even use any of his moves.

TheAbsoluteOne said:
You keep saying that he can resist power nullification, but bookmaker is a seal, and it doesn't say that he has resistance to sealing anywhere in his power and abilities. Also, even if he can turn intangible, kumagawa should be able to hit him with bookmaker before he can even use any of his moves.
Bookmaker is a seal that can be resisted by resisting power nullification.

TheAbsoluteOne said:
That arguement has already been brought up and taken down.

Bookmaker wasn't even a seal until people argued that the combination of mind manip, statistics reduction, and power null should be considered a type 2 seal. Now we have people arguing that you have to resist sealing to resist Bookmaker...

Agnaa said:
TheAbsoluteOne said:
Bookmaker is a seal that can be resisted by resisting power nullification.
Okay, where does it say that Ahzek resist power nullification. I keep looking at his power and abilities, but I don't see resistance to power nullification anywhere.

TheAbsoluteOne said:
Okay, where does it say that Ahzek resist power nullification. I keep looking at his power and abilities, but I don't see resistance to power nullification anywhere.
His profile doesn't have resistance to power null, but according to Wokistan and EmperorRorepme he does, it just needs to be added to his profile.

Agnaa said:
TheAbsoluteOne said:
His profile doesn't have resistance to power null, but according to Wokistan and EmperorRorepme he does, it just needs to be added to his profile.
Then shouldn't it be added to his profile before you can use that arguement? Otherwise that doesn't sound true.

Yep, I agree. So I'm gonna wait until they try to get it added, and if it gets rejected I'll probably vote for Misogi/incon.

Agnaa said:
Yep, I agree. So I'm gonna wait until they try to get it added, and if it gets rejected I'll probably vote for Misogi/incon.
Same. I was gonna vote stomp in Ahzeks favor, but that's only if it's actually proven true that Ahzek can resist bookmaker.

Power null and causality manipulation are definitely things he has resisted, considering just how common they are. I don't have the quotes immediately avalible to me, but could probably find stuff without too much of a hassle. Emperor may have them saved somewhere though.

Going off a strict file interpretation, his warp shift still should counteract bookmaker, and it's something he uses with regularity. His mind in particular is usually in the warp in a fight.

Wokistan said:
Power null and causality manipulation are definitely things he has resisted, considering just how common they are. I don't have the quotes immediately avalible to me, but could probably find stuff without too much of a hassle. Emperor may have them saved somewhere though.
Going off a strict file interpretation, his warp shift still should counteract bookmaker, and it's something he uses with regularity. His mind in particular is usually in the warp in a fight.
Kumagawa makes the time it takes for his attacks to reach an opponent zero. Basically giving him instantaneous attack speed. Alot of people just call it his infinite speed amp. How would ahzek be able to use any of his abilities before something instantaneous.

I mean, the fact that most of the Thousand Son abilities aim directly to destroy the physical and metaphysical protection of psykers, and the fact that psykers can nullify abilities with their presence. Psykers quite literally need layers of protection in battles because of all the abilities flying around.

For example.

• Death Hex: Invoking unholy ancient curses, Ahriman places a dire hex upon his foes, stripping them of both physical and metaphysical protection in order to leave them exposed to the grasping claws of death.
  • Profane Ruination: Ahriman utters the seven forbidden truths of the last ruination, causing even the most indestructible fortifications and defenses to crumble into lifeless dust.
Ahriman has an overpowered ability where he can nullify the effects of the Warp.

• Armour of Hatred: Ahriman draws upon the boundless hatred that festers within the deepest recesses of his soul, fashioning a psychic shield with the capacity to nullify incoming onslaughts from others who utilize unnatural energies to their advantage.
There was that one time when Pre-Heresy Ahriman resisted the power nullification of the Sisters of Silence and could still use Warp abilities whilst they were specifically nullfying psykers to protect the Emperor. So Bookmarker will not work if a Blank cannot nullify him

Anyway, Ahriman just needs to look into the future to see any threat and think to kill Kuma.

• Foreboding: Ahriman gives himself and his allies a glimpse into the future, allowing knowledge of everything his foes will do even before his foes themselves have thought of doing so.
  • Psychic Maelstrom: Using even more of his mental might than usual, Ahriman can create a vast maelstrom of pure psychic energy and destructive power, consuming his foes and annihilating them completely.
He can counter causality manipulation with his own.

• Warp Fate: Ahriman rips aside the veil of time and space, wrenching apart the strands of fate and twisting causality exactly to his liking.

Back