• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wizards of Waverly Place: Magic should be Low 2-C

Outsider perspective on someone who worked on this series on another forum:

I know about this feat, but I never took it seriously. We're never told how Justin would create this alternate universe, and there are plenty of magical items that he might be able to use, which is to say that there being a spell that Justin can use to do it is a baseless assumption. Alex says that he can use magic, but she doesn't say that he can use a spell.

Alex would likely only reach this level with the Russo family wand, which she presumably has. The only time we see her create an alternate reality is by using this specific wand, which is greater than the training wands the kids use at the time this statement is made.

With their own magic, the best feat and statement are Alex's black hole creation (with Alex's pulling in everything in the universe) and the star-moving feat. The most powerful wand in the universe also created a black hole.

And because it was mentioned earlier: it doesn't take three wizards to tie someone up. Jerry made that spell so the kids could learn to work together, which was the theme of the episode.
I do not know you, but you are perfection. This is actually what it is, "we don't know how it would have happened or anything about it"
Thanks a Lot

This sucks.
Luckily MFTL+ Timmy Turner won't be as controversial, I can handle Eficiente's argument from absurdity just fine.

Outsider perspective on someone who worked on this series on another forum:

I know about this feat, but I never took it seriously. We're never told how Justin would create this alternate universe, and there are plenty of magical items that he might be able to use, which is to say that there being a spell that Justin can use to do it is a baseless assumption. Alex says that he can use magic, but she doesn't say that he can use a spell.

Alex would likely only reach this level with the Russo family wand, which she presumably has. The only time we see her create an alternate reality is by using this specific wand, which is greater than the training wands the kids use at the time this statement is made.

With their own magic, the best feat and statement are Alex's black hole creation (with Alex's pulling in everything in the universe) and the star-moving feat. The most powerful wand in the universe also created a black hole.

And because it was mentioned earlier: it doesn't take three wizards to tie someone up. Jerry made that spell so the kids could learn to work together, which was the theme of the episode.
Nah, again, three examples, two of them are spells, the third one being something different is the extraordinary claim, not the contrary. Again, this sucks.

Nah, again, three examples, two of them are spells, the third one being something different is the extraordinary claim, not the contrary. Again, this sucks.
The only time stop spell used at this point is the one where the caster has to stand on one leg throughout its duration, and the other suggestion is a magic that was never used before.

Also, two of them being spells, if that assumption is granted, doesn't lead to the conclusion that the third is a spell. It's like being given a list of three names that can assist you, and because two of them are men, the third must be a man. Your conclusion doesn't follow.

What exactly is wrong with you?
Like what is with you and throwing insults?
Where's the ******* insult there? Me saying his contentions with a cartoon tier is a fallacy? Is that the ******* insult?
This is so insufferable, jesus christ.

You know what? I don't give a flying **** about this thread anymore, you guys do whatever you want

Where's the ******* insult there? Me saying his contentions with a cartoon tier is a fallacy? Is that the ******* insult?
This is so insufferable, jesus christ.
Saying someone is arguing from a state of being riduculous or wildy unreasonable, is not an insult obviously.

Saying someone is arguing from a state of being riduculous or wildy unreasonable, is not an insult obviously.
"Argument from absurdity" is a fallacy where the opposition argues a point cannot be true because it's absurd.

I just said Efficiente's point was "Timmy Turner can't be MFTL+ because he's a human child and thus it's absurd".
How is that an insult?

Lol, your “kind of stress” is impracticable to deal with. Cool down.
Dread, me saying a point of someone else is fallacious ("argument from absurdity") is considered an insult, Pain is actually just being ridiculous

To be fair, the only example of something of this level was a spell. Kinda. Family wand and book, etc, etc. Technically just family wand, now that I have rewatched the scene. Which isn’t an artifact, but something regular wizard has. Or should have, at least.
Plus at that point of the show it is highly unlikely that Alex means an artifact of some sort or magical being.
Plus plus look at one of my past comments. Spells are training wheels. Once you are good, you can make stuff without them. Or create your own spells. It’s not improbable at all for them to know such spell, since the spells are all over the place, or for Alex to refer to the custom spells she can pull off.

As many mentioned context prior, the context implies that it would be something extremely casual too.

Back