• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Witch Time Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
All instances of it being an external time slow

Time Stop may not be viable but there is no arguing that its a time slow

Like I said, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference if it was internal or external from the viewer, as they are both different methods of the same ability. And the fact that time appears slowed outside of witch time only speaks to the reactions and speed that she already possesses, or dramatic effect.

If it were truly external, then besides all the proof the game gives, why are the fodder angels seemingly unaffected by witch time during the Enzo plane crash mission? Going by the keys, only First Sphere angels have resistance to WT, and they are third sphere.

Turning water into an ice sphere makes no sense, especially since she made a 2 foot+ long ice spear with only a handful of water. Even the video show casing her mother's WT, she's watching the entire event like its fireworks.

Time doesnt appear slowed outside of Witch Time though. There are no instances in both games where this is the case outside of one of two dramatic/comedic scenes.

Because she used Witch Time in the real world and then went into Purgatorio in the first mission, hence the purple portal. The fodder angels ARE affected by Witch Time as shown in the clip with Rosa.

Yes, because Bayonetta has a resistance to time manipulation

Those two scenes take place IN Witch Time, hell you even see it activated in the first video right before things slow down, whereas the second scene takes place in pre-activated Witch Time as evidenced by the blue border arond the screen when theyre fighting the angel.

Yes you can, the whole first scene i posted took place in Witch Time, as did the fight against Sapientia, its why bayonetta was able to start fighting Sapientia after Luka had started going up a rope to reach a helicopter and had almost reached it, but she ended up defeating Sapientia before he reached the helicopter and was in the helicopter waiting for him by the time he reached it.

@Matt the discussion is timeslow but debating if it's effecting time externally or temporal control effecting bayo perception like the lore says

@Gargoyle none so far

I don't understand this entire Time Slow internally stuff. We clearly see debris and such effected by Witch Time.

Yes, it is self evident. Things other than Bayonetta are affected. I'd much rather consider Laguna to simply be wrong in his writing here than accept it as fact. He's as fallible a source as any of us.

TBH

I kinda agree that Laguna isn't the omniscient creator of the verse. But that probably isn't the point.

I honestly don't care since this changes nothing, Bayo goes fast everything else is slow.

No one can prove if it's internal or external. If you increase your speed using time manipulation everything else gets slower because of your new speed.

Just look at Kiritsugu, when he uses his time magic everything around him slows but it's stated that he's speeding himself up not the other way around.

You can't really prove with video that Bayonetta isn't speeding herself up since the effect of everything being slowed down would happen even if she was speeding herself up or slowing time down.

Lumen Sages are stated to slow time down, so Umbra Witches speeding their own time makes sense since they're opposites.

Honestly I don't care what anyone picks.

There's ultimately no difference other then the range.

It's gone from time Stop to so incredibly slow it's a blitz 100x over

Actually, minor correction, the statement about it heightening senses doesnt come from the hierarchy of laguna, it comes from the notebook of Antonio Redgrave, a human who was just looking into the topic of magic, not someone who has real first hand knowledge of it.

Gargoyle One said:
There's ultimately no difference other then the range.
It's gone from time Stop to so incredibly slow it's a blitz 100x over

Internal magic (repeatedly suggested by the game saying witch time heightening senses and bringing emotional energy to the limit) would only affect Bayonetta.

External time slow would affect others, while Bayonetta remains at her normal speed. It wouldn't make much sense to slow down the time around you and boost your stats to match this new perception if you're already capable of manipulating the degree of time that you slow down. There's hardly any solid evidence (if at all) for this outside of speculative gameplay.

Take Mayuri vs Szayelaporro, when Mayuri drugged him with a substance that increased his reactions by 100,000 times or whatever. He couldn't move at all, because his body was far behind his senses. This seems to be the case with witch time, except Bayonetta can boost her physical attributes to match her perceptions.

"As "Overseers of History," they possessed the ability to literally see everything in an instant, also known as Temporal Control. This technique sharpened all of the five senses, and pushed one's emotional energy to its very limits. It is a world where a falling drop of water can become a crown, and a humming-bird slowly and elegantly flaps its wings. Temporal Control is not just simply being able to recognize this world, it also enables one to boost their physical abilities and move freely within that single moment.(edited)"

Bayo1423
Bayo123

Just because we see the world around Bayonetta isn't evidence that her ability affects the world. Her ability increases her stats while increasing her perceptions so that she's capable of viewing the world with insane detail. As the gamer, we are seeing everything from Bayonetta's eyes during witch time.

Honestly, this sounds more insane perceptions/enhanced senses, but the only saving grace here is the term "temporal control". I honestly don't see how time manipulation boosts one's physical attributes and sharpens their senses, but I'll go with the most sensible and supported answer.

@Unite Youre making massive assumptions here. The only time it's stated to sharpen senses is Antonio's description, and he knows basically nothing about what witches are actually capable of. Hell, look through his other nots, they're chocked full of theories. It doesn't boost Bayos stats, its an external time slow and nothing else.

I agree with rice tbh. The hyper-sensative state makes sense. Even if she was manipulating time around her they would both have the same effect game wise internal or external. Essentially effecting time around you and increasing your preception would look the same. The difference is the game statements seem to go with sharpened senses, stat/perception, increase.

It is never stated to be anything but time Manipulation other than by a guy who doesn't low how witch time works in the game. Saying it's not time manip goes against the actual lore and feats present in the game

So now you're downplaying one of the most credible sources in the game (which agrees with the information that you get from the lumen and umbra statues by the way), for what?

I guess Arkham from DMC also doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to the demon realm, since he's merely a human demon-fanatic.

I'm not making massive assumptions, I'm coming to logical conclusions based on game information, and not strictly gameplay.

"Youre making massive assumptions here. The only person to ever state Abigail was equal to the Demon King was Trish, and she knows basically nothing about what Mundus is actually capable of."

Huh.

Antonio is far from a credible source. You are making a massive assumption by choosing to go with what a non credible source says over EVERY INSTANCE OF WITCH TIME BEING SHOWN AND USED IN THE ENTIRE SERIES

Arkham is far from a credible source. You are making a massive assumption by choosing to go with what a non credible source says over THE OMNISCIENT NARRATOR OF THE ENTIRE SERIES

Look at how well it fits. I'm actually kinda creeped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back