• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Witch Time Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witch time working different is solely for gameplay purposes so that every character doesnt have literally the same time manip ability in the game, hell Jeanne's and Rosa's witch times work differently than bayos in the game

WeeklyBattles said:
Witch time working different is solely for gameplay purposes so that every character doesnt have literally the same time manip ability in the game, hell Jeanne's and Rosa's witch times work differently than bayos in the game

??????????????? pretty sure that in itself is gameplay mechanics

Yep. Witch time is just a good timeslow. Stopped time is quite literally rejected by every source regarding it.

https://youtu.be/hlYOPTXejV4?t=12m19s

Even when you activate the witch and umbra statues, it basically calls witch time a "hyper-sensitive state", which falls in line with the game lore, detailing witch time as all five senses being sharpened while manipulating time.

Light speed seems to be the only thing resembling time stop, though other than gameplay I'd like to find more info on this as well.

The lore states Light Speed slows down time to a fraction of its normal pace. So we need more than just that video, since lore > cutscenes > gameplay.

In addition to this argument I think we should also discuss the range of witch time. Some saying it plantary range so would love clarification on that.

The evidence seems pretty damning. I've read both sides of the argument and the side arguing that it is Time Stop hasn't actually posted evidence of it beyond gameplay, they are claiming it is Time Stop. The side saying it's Time Slow have literally posted multiple scans from the game saying verbatim that it is slowing time. They've even shown actual in-game usage of it in cutscenes and show things still in motion (albeit, very slow motion), thus proving it to be as the scans say...Time Slow.

This is basically Lore/Scans/Cutscenes vs Gameplay/Headcanon. The former is obviously the correct answer.

WeeklyBattles said:
Weekly, let me tell you something: Witch Time is such a good time-slow that the "Time Stop" argument will literally just become a "Time Slow" argument. It slows down time by like thousands of times at least.

Kepekley23 said:
@Matt
Roughly 1200x
That's around x100 times what we consider a Speed Blitz. Witch Time rendering the opponent over x1000 times slower has the exact same effects as freezing them in time.

Zensum said:
In addition to this argument I think we should also discuss the range of witch time. Some saying it plantary range so would love clarification on that.
This

Also, witch time is INTERNAL magic, that's to say it only affects the user, and not their environments.

I'm at work atm but when I get home I can post 3-4 times where Light Speed was shown as a full timestop outside of gameplay

So the wording for witch time....

Witch Time: A common ability and most valuable of Bayonetta's. Witch time is an ability that all Umbra witches have, this allows Bayonetta to use temporal control to slow her perception of time, while increasing her speed and physical capabilities accordingly. Flying rocks and shrapnel meander through the air in Witch Time, water drops to turn to ice when touched, and colossal battles can take place in a matter of seconds. This is potentially the single most devastating ability in her arsenal, making her nearly impossible to hit if she isn't blitzed first and allowing her to pummel targets without retaliation.

Then I'll add a gallery of the three above images further detailing the ability.

That's subjective, witch time basically manipulates time to give her extremely good perceptions and speed to match. Anyone that can blitz the life out of her with witch time activated would make the ability useless.

I can add "reduce the ordinary world around her to a crawl", or something of the like.

Not really, it slows down time, thats what the ability does. You can blitz her BEFORE she uses it, but unless you have a resistance to time manip not while its activated.

@Rice Witch Time is time manip that affects her surroundings, i can pull up dozens of instances of her slowing down time, not just enhancing her senses.

The in-game statues call witch time a hyper-sensitive state

The lore says it heightens the 5 senses and physical abilities + pushes emotional energy to its limits via temporal control

There's nothing else to add tbh.

Whether you slow external time, or time for yourself, to the wielder, either application looks exactly the same. The game provides evidence of the latter, differentiating which ability is being used.

I completely agree with Weekly, Everlasting, and Dragon Masters. Bayonetta can also travel back in time which is even more advanced than time slow or time stop.

Well firstly Dragon conceded awhile ago and agreed with Time Slow ( albeit very good time slow.) And Ever didn't say much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back