• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Winnie the Pooh character profiles?

As I'm sure some people are award, there's an interesting feat for Winnie the Pooh. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Mr._Bambu/Winnie_the_Pooh_Calc:_A_Fortress

I've been going through episodes of The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh episodes that seem interesting. So far, limited interesting hax that seems to be equipment or situation dependent.

The best other feat I've seen so far has been in Tigger's Shoes, & it's ambiguous, given it's Tigger making the entire screen/area shake when a huge ridge is in view; Suggesting his jump with the weighted shoes on made that whole land mass shake.

I can name other feats, but they're much lower (Like Piglet surviving being blown by winds that sent him flying when he was wearing bricks, or Pooh & Gofer falling from high in the clouds.)

Needless to say, knowledge & lists of feats & fax would be helpful.

But perhaps before we discuss statistics... what of actually creating the profiles? It's a notable, official franchise, the characters aren't real people, & there are some feats. We are a Wiki that indexes info, so I don't see much issue with it. But I'm not a staff member, so I'd presume input other than my own is needed.

I say yes, for obvious reasons.

Well, we technically have a rule against adding characters such as Barney and the Teletubbies, but it may be outdated and need to be removed.

@Antvasima What is the basis of that rule anyway? Educational characters like The Magic School Bus are a thing, as are Live Action Characters, & Puppets like Composite Kermit.

Although, perhaps this is the wrong thread to ask. If so, just say so, please.

From what I remember, it was due to that they were deemed inappropriate for a power indexing wiki, since they would consistently be treated as a punchline and recurrently get unreliable statistics.

There may have been other reasons as well though.

im not sure tbh

not counting Winnie the pooh because his a cartoon more closely associated with young kids, isn't really a good reason. also unlike characters like Barney and Teletubbies. Winnie the Pooh isn't really an educational cartoon anyway... just a fictional story about a boy and his stuffed animals, sure there are educational Winnie the Pooh shows but they are not the source of the franchise.

Well, I think that it should probably be fine. Some people outside of our community might point and laugh at us for it, but they already do that anyway, so it is not so important.

if they point and laugh about characters like Winnie The Pooh than they are the ones that are immature, it's the equivalent of laughing because we have Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny on our wiki

People laughing is sort of silly. Speaking as a person who was in those other communities, VSBW has the most structured system. The most viable argument I've heard is that we have an overwhelming amount of anime (not that it is a real argument, considering Comicvine focuses on comic books and Spacebattles focuses on sci-fi).

Characters should be indexed, despite what other people find laughable. Their opinion is nigh-immaterial.

However as ant pointed out before these type of characters do bring this weird meme like humor with them, so I suggest keeping these profiles locked to avoid joke edits such as tier 0" Winnie the pooh because of Honey"

@Mr. Bambu

Yes, agreed. Indexing based on rational evaluation is the entire point of this wiki.

I'm just going to say that as Barney is on the wiki now, there's really no reason for them to not be in the wiki anymore.

Well, this seems to have been accepted long ago, but never applied.

Back